Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:50 pm I spend a higher percentage of my income than that on my dogs.

Oh well.... Just as long as he's 'acting in honour' :shrug:
And I thought my greyhounds were pricey at £200pm!! 1!!
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

I have a pretty low income so that knocks up the percentage.

Not including vets, nail clipping etc it's about a quid per dog per day and I have four so about £120 per month.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:23 pm I have a pretty low income so that knocks up the percentage.

Not including vets, nail clipping etc it's about a quid per dog per day and I have four so about £120 per month.
Does that mean I'll have to pay for my own beer next time I'm in Hull?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:38 pm
longdog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:23 pm I have a pretty low income so that knocks up the percentage.

Does that mean I'll have to pay for my own beer next time I'm in Hull?
Fear not. Beer is a priority second only to the needs of my hounds 8)
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

It's always important to keep those priorities straight :mrgreen:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

morrand wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:24 am
The Seventh String wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 pm They’ll re-discover trial by combat next.
They already have.

(OK, to be fair, no cue that it was a FMOTL in that case, but near enough.)
”Humphreys, from Bury St Edmunds, said: "I was willing to fight a champion put up by the DVLA, but it would have been a fight to the death."

A bit of a drastic response to avoid a £25 motoring penalty charge...

And in a very FMOTLesque way he succeeded in turning that £25 into £200+ of fine and fees.

Victory!!!11!
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

You are fecked, David.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
jonathan01n
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by jonathan01n »

longdog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:14 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am That is a better explanation of the legal position; my point was more to show the Bill of Rights was in fact supported in current law and practice in this respect.
Indeed... If you want to own a genuine antique firearm of the era there's no restriction. Crossbows can only be sold to over 18s but are otherwise unrestricted and there's no laws at all (other than the usual offensive weapons rules) on longbows, recurves or compounds etc.

So yeah... You still have the right to own any arms of the period.
But a recent BBC investigation found out someone is illegally creating bullets for antiques, and law maybe change soon.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Not going to alter the position with muzzle loading black powder arms fired by matchlock, flintlock or percussion cap.
In theory all these are for display only, if you wish to shoot your black powder arms you need a FAC, I think.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 am Not going to alter the position with muzzle loading black powder arms fired by matchlock, flintlock or percussion cap.
In theory all these are for display only, if you wish to shoot your black powder arms you need a FAC, I think.
My daughter and son-in-law are part of the Sealed Knot http://www.thesealedknot.org.uk/ they have several muskets and pistols. These have to be kept in an approved fire arms cabinet and the police do come and check. If they wanted to store black powder that’s a bigger can of worms with a separate licence.
Can't imagine anyone stealing them to hold up an armoured car though, but with the level of stupid around these days …
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 am Not going to alter the position with muzzle loading black powder arms fired by matchlock, flintlock or percussion cap.
Muskets and similar smoothbores you shoot with, even if only blanks, require shotgun certificates.

Rifles, including muzzle-loaders intended for use require firearms certificates. If you own e.g. an 1870s Martini Henry, don’t shoot it and hang it on the wall it’s probably classed as an unrestricted antique. Until you decide to shoot it when things get a bit complicated and it then requires a certificate, secure storage etc., as does the ammunition.

(Standard disclaimer. I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice and is worth less than you paid for it).
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Well it’s a good job the Magna Carta is from a time when muskets were not around, I suppose the Webbles will have to be historically accurate and stick to blades and bows.

They might have a problem if they carry blades longer than 3” though, and as for longbows, not sure what the legislation is with them?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Its all kicked off over at PLD-land.

Dean Renshaw, inveterate keyboard rattler and bullshit merchant took on the cops at a traffic stop in front of what I assume are his wife and their very young children.

Seems Magnum Carter does not need him to trouble the road tax or insurance departments, plod give him a tug, things escalate and he gets a very public nicking. His kids are shouting and are very distressed at seeing dad eating the tarmac but there's just one person to blame here - you Dean you POS.

By all means test your footle theories and fantasies on your own or with your mates but its pretty unforgivable to play the fool in front of your kids. There's a video posted but we only get to see the arrest, not the verbal exchanges leading up to it.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Now we can see why he got a nicking.

A twat in a hat bigs himself up and plays all the usual bull. Acts are law of the sea, law of the dead. I'm under Common Law, I don't consent, we don't drive, we travel.

As MC Hammer might say, "Can't touch 'dis". But, inevitably, they did.

Refuses his details, winds the cop up, you can see where this is going.

A tour-de-force in why footle foolishness is doomed to failure.
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

Don’t quote the Road Traffic Act, that’s not a law.

30 seconds later,

Under The Road Traffic Act, I’m not obliged to give you that information.
:shrug:

But what a smug twat with no consideration for his own children.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The Seventh String wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:27 pm
Muskets and similar smoothbores you shoot with, even if only blanks, require shotgun certificates.

Rifles, including muzzle-loaders intended for use require firearms certificates. If you own e.g. an 1870s Martini Henry, don’t shoot it and hang it on the wall it’s probably classed as an unrestricted antique. Until you decide to shoot it when things get a bit complicated and it then requires a certificate, secure storage etc., as does the ammunition.

(Standard disclaimer. I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice and is worth less than you paid for it).
You're right as far as I know. A genuine antique firearm doesn't need any licence until you intend to shoot it at which point it becomes either a shotgun or a firearm with the appropriate licensing requirements.
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:49 pm ...as for longbows, not sure what the legislation is with them?
There isn't any.

Crossbows can only be sold to those over the age of 18 but that doesn't apply to longbows, recurve bows, compound bows or any other hand held bow which are not covered by any legislation at all. Arrows, being a 'pointed article' are 18+ of course.

There is of course the usual offensive weapon legislation which would prohibit carrying a bow and arrows in a public place without good reason or lawful excuse but a bow itself (sans arrows) is not an offensive weapon.

I believe the recommendation by archery groups is that a bow (or crossbow) should be at least three actions from being usable in a public place so is you have an unstrung bow (action one) with arrows in a locked case (action two) and the arrow tips separate (action three) you're OK. Assuming you have a reasonable excuse to be carrying the lot of course.

I once walked through Birmingham New Street station with a bare English longbow and nobody, including several groups of cops, batted an eyelid.

All that having been said I don't think the traditional English longbow would be of much appeal to the footlers. It takes a hell of a lot of practice and work to become anywhere near competent with one.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Exiledscouser wrote: By all means test your footle theories and fantasies on your own or with your mates but its pretty unforgivable to play the fool in front of your kids.
Unforgiveable that Dean Renshaw allowed his very small children to witness this. Their mother (if that's who she is) doesn't seem to be protecting them either. Unfit parents.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:58 pm Now we can see why he got a nicking.

A twat in a hat bigs himself up and plays all the usual bull. Acts are law of the sea, law of the dead. I'm under Common Law, I don't consent, we don't drive, we travel.

As MC Hammer might say, "Can't touch 'dis". But, inevitably, they did.

Refuses his details, winds the cop up, you can see where this is going.

A tour-de-force in why footle foolishness is doomed to failure.
I saw the video and thought I knew him, he's the guy who is being chased for not paying his council tax IIRC.
Off topic - anyone else notice the cop was armed?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 pm By all means test your footle theories and fantasies on your own or with your mates but its pretty unforgivable to play the fool in front of your kids. There's a video posted but we only get to see the arrest, not the verbal exchanges leading up to it.
I confess. I am a bad person. I giggled through the whole of the children's wailing knowing whose fault it actually was.

But really, couldn't someone have censored that beer gut when it hit the deck? Distressing scenes!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor