Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by JimUk1 »

In regards to the guy driving without tax, it is my understanding that if you’re driving without tax it invalidates your insurance.

Therefore he is in direct contridiction of the “No harm, no loss” Bs because how does he expect to compensate someone if he leaves them handicapped for life?

I agree with the police’s heavy handed approach here. He came off as unhinged and given his family were of the same way of thinking I too would be expecting a bit of a fight.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm In regards to the guy driving without tax, it is my understanding that if you’re driving without tax it invalidates your insurance.
I don't see why it would unless explicit in the policy. Are you thinking of MOTs? And even then it doesn't necessarily invalidate it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm In regards to the guy driving without tax, it is my understanding that if you’re driving without tax it invalidates your insurance.
I don't see why it would unless explicit in the policy. Are you thinking of MOTs? And even then it doesn't necessarily invalidate it.
I had a neighbour who had her car stolen and when she tried to claim the insurance company wanted to see the MOT certificate. When it turned out to be expired they refused to pay out presumably on the grounds that a car without an MOT wasn't worth anything.

As far as I know the cover for third parties still stands even if the car is untaxed and un-MOTed.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

The only circumstance I know of that allows you to drive it on the road were all there conditions are not met are indeed MOTs. You’re allowed to drive to a garage from your home address (with other restrictions) for the purpose of an MOT. I will look now but I’m sure insurance requires your car to be “road legal” which also includes road tax.

I shall look and get back!
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

For clarification- it’s depends on your insurance company. However most will have a clause which stipulates you must be taxed and have an MOT certificate to be valid.

It is my educated guess on that, that his insurance wasnt valid, based on semantics of insurers.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 pm For clarification- it’s depends on your insurance company. However most will have a clause which stipulates you must be taxed and have an MOT certificate to be valid.

It is my educated guess on that, that his insurance wasnt valid, based on semantics of insurers.
Up to a point, yes. But they can't wriggle out of third party liabilities so easily. If you drunkenly drove your untaxed and unroadworthy car down the wrong side of a motorway, causing £m's of damage, your motor insurer would still have to compensate the victims. They might repudiate liability for your personal losses, and they might try to sue you for what they've had to pay out.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Speaking of accents, is it something I'm hearing because of the accent or do these types call police officers ''constable'' the way the pronounce it as some cheeky way of calling them a cunt?

Are all police also referred to as constable, or is it a distinct kind of peace office, In the US, a Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff is not a Patrolman who is not a Trooper who is not a Police Officer?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Gregg wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:51 am Speaking of accents, is it something I'm hearing because of the accent or do these types call police officers ''constable'' the way the pronounce it as some cheeky way of calling them a cunt?
Correct, you see this a lot, especially in the videos with baying mobs at evictions etc.
I'm sure one of them does it in here but I can't be arsed to watch it all again.
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Gregg wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:51 am Speaking of accents, is it something I'm hearing because of the accent or do these types call police officers ''constable'' the way the pronounce it as some cheeky way of calling them a cunt?

Are all police also referred to as constable, or is it a distinct kind of peace office, In the US, a Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff is not a Patrolman who is not a Trooper who is not a Police Officer?
On the pronunciation, I would say the "Standard English" pronunciation of the word starts like "cunning" not like "contact". So the word is pronounced "cunnstable" and it's easy to insert a glottal stop to make it "cun ' stable" as an insult, which you are picking up.

The word constable means two things, first it means any sworn police officer. For example the law says a driver must obey signals given by "a constable in uniform".

Secondly, in every police force, "constable" is the lowest rank. Then comes sergeant, inspector and the rest. A constable would be identified as "PC 453 McGarry" meaning Police Constable. Or DC for Detective Constable.

At the top of the chain in most county police forces is the Chief Constable with one or more Deputy or Assistant Chief Constables.

I don't actually think the term "police officer" exists officially in the British system, but I suspect that more ordinary people would address a PC as "officer" than as "constable" partly because constable sounds old fashioned. But the sovcit types would say "constable" because they want to be old fashioned, they want to link the office to the common law concept and be able to say "are you a constable acting on your oath?" etc etc. And because it allows them to modify the pronunciation as described.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

HardyW wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 am Secondly, in every police force, "constable" is the lowest rank. Then comes sergeant, inspector and the rest. A constable would be identified as "PC 453 McGarry" meaning Police Constable. Or DC for Detective Constable.
I seem to remember the policeman, the big friendly policeman is PC McGarry number 452. :D
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Let's not forget 'Special Constable', Britains official but amateur police.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Another PLDer made the National “press” (The Sun anyway)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7591935/d ... d-car-law/

:snicker:

NB: he also has his own website

https://www.deanrenshaw.co.uk/about-me

Also- appears he has now gone and purchased road tax-

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5 ... &source=47

So much for the rebellion :haha:
longdog

Post by longdog »

It would be hysterical if it weren't for the effect it was having on his children.

The poor little sods are screaming at their mother and all she can say, quite rightly, is "We can't help him darling... We can't help him".

The stupid, irresponsible moron has traumatised his kids through his own idiocy and arrogance. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself... But he won't be.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

He's certainly savoring life's experiences to the full;
My name is Dean Renshaw aka TINY. I was born in South Normanton, Derbyshire, UK in 1975. Raised in the same area, I began work at 15 years old. Through 4 separate relationships I now have 6 children of my own and 3 step-children, Having all but 2 of those living with my wife and I at some point through their own choice.

Within my lifetime so far, I have been employed, self employed, claimed benefits, been homeless with a young family, arrested, attended court (both criminal and family), been the target of armed response units, married, divorced, sent my kids to school, home educated them, had issues with social services, educational welfare officers, Multi Agency Teams, other council departments and have much more experience than is safe to disclose.
I'm more than a quarter century older than him and I've done almost none of those things. I've had one relationship, essentially one job, only two children. I've never been;

- the subject of court proceedings
- arrested,
- divorced,
- homeless
- a target of armed response units

or claimed benefits or "had issues" with branches of the government. I've wasted my life doing nothing. So much catching up to do, so little time.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The footage then shows him crash to the ground as a Taser is fired before his trousers fall down and he is led to a police van.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
longdog

Post by longdog »

Ten years older.

Employed, self employed, claimed benefits, been homeless with a young family, arrested, attended court (both criminal and family civil), been the target of armed response units, married, divorced, sent my kids to school, home educated them, had issues with social services, educational welfare officers, Multi Agency Teams, other council departments

"Home educated them"?

Isn't this the guy who moved from Derbyshire when the council started breathing very heavily down his neck for failing to educate his kids?

The thought that he might be educating his kids makes me feel even more sorry for them than I did before.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

JimUk1 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:19 pm Also- appears he has now gone and purchased road tax-

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5 ... &source=47

So much for the rebellion :haha:
Funny how he hasn't tried that with the van he uses for work (or has he?) Also funny how he doesn't advertise his services except on his own website (at least not as far as I can see. And the Isle of Wight is a small place.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

HardyW wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 am On the pronunciation, I would say the "Standard English" pronunciation of the word starts like "cunning" not like "contact". So the word is pronounced "cunnstable"
Not from where I come from it isn’t.

That pronunciation is the one favoured by nesh southerners and gradually disappears from around the Danelaw northwards. :-)

Unless someone is deliberately being offensive, which when you’re in the wrong and dealing with the police tends to be self-defeating.

Mind you, hardly anyone from England actually speaks “standard English” and only the older members of a single family speak that strange dialect known as “the Queen’s Inglish”.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'll tell you, I'm shocked he's a MLM rep.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

The Seventh String wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm Mind you, hardly anyone from England actually speaks “standard English” and only the older members of a single family speak that strange dialect known as “the Queen’s Inglish”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyyT2jmVPAk