Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 pm Whoever Primula is :wink: she has been banned from the group for spreading dissent amongst the ranks by the intolerable application of facts, common sense and reality.
No, no, NO, she's a Government Agent, Troll and Paid SHILLLLLL !!
longdog

Post by longdog »

She must be... Why else would she also try to discredit the troof about the flat earth, cancer causing 5G death grids, chemtrails and the vaccines conspiracy? :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Ah, and with that, Bobby crosses the line from asshole to felon.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:47 pm Ah, and with that, Bobby crosses the line from asshole to felon.
Not in Britain, I don't think. The cheque is so obviously waste paper there is no chance of anyone being deceived.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:47 pm Ah, and with that, Bobby crosses the line from asshole to felon.
I'm not sure we have the same laws in England as the US. (1) We don't have felons (2) He has not actually tried to pass off a cheque - it's (in effect) a worthless promissory note. He's simply transferred his status from "asshole" to "arsehole" :)
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:53 pm I'm not sure we have the same laws in England as the US. (1) We don't have felons (2) He has not actually tried to pass off a cheque - it's (in effect) a worthless promissory note. He's simply transferred his status from "asshole" to "arsehole" :)
Technically, we still have a few elderly felons who were convicted before 1967. However, you're right in that it's no longer possible to become a felon.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Well, too bad, maybe you could grandfather him under some common law thing, I'm sure Neelu has a class of felonies she's sure apply to people, let's look into those.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm Image
I see his bankruptcy is starting to bite :lol:

Bank of Bob :haha:

Reality bites.
D-C
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by D-C »

The definition and use of cheques are covered by The Bills of Exchange Act 1882, and the Cheques Acts of 1957 and 1992. The most recent amendment to the Bills of Exchange Act occurred via the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act, which gained Royal Assent in 2015, eliminating the need for cheques to be physically transported around the country.

The Bills of Exchange Act 1882 defines a cheque as a written order from an account holder instructing their bank to pay a specified sum of money to one or more named beneficiaries.

Ever since their inception it has been the case that cheques are not a promise to pay by the bank, but a request to the bank that it pays, out of the funds deposited by the customer, an amount to a third party. This means that the bank will only honour the cheque if the account holder has sufficient funds to meet it or it can be covered by an agreed overdraft or other line of credit. Cheques are not legal tender and never have been. Even today, if you owe someone money they are not obliged to accept a cheque. Instead a creditor is entitled to be paid in legal tender and can refuse payment in any other form.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Would this creditor's best option then be to file with the trustee for payment, just adding further to the debt to be discharged?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

D-C wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:34 am Even today, if you owe someone money they are not obliged to accept a cheque. Instead a creditor is entitled to be paid in legal tender and can refuse payment in any other form.
Not strictly true. If you owe somebody money and they have previously stated that they accept payment by cheque you can almost certainly hold them to it. Say for the sake of argument you get a gas bill and it says you can pay by cheque, GIRO or bank transfer. If you send them a cheque and they return it demanding payment in cash you can probably say "I tried to pay you, you refused, get stuffed".

On the flip side of that... If you insist on paying in cash even if it's not a contractually agreed means of payment you can probably insist they accept the payment regardless. A lot of companies these days don't even have a system for paying them directly in cash. My ISP doesn't.

I'm not at all convinced the courts would have much time for somebody who insisted on payment in legal tender bank-notes where legitimate attempts had been made to pay by other normal methods. They'd most likely get a tongue-lashing from the judge, cost awarded against them and a court order telling them to stop acting like a bunch of dick-heads.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I thought better of him, just call him Robert Dreary Dave White ..
Robert White
Urgent message to my 70 followers. I'm trying to fight a fight for the people of our land, but I need help with the costs. All I ask for is just £1 each. It's not for me and will not go into my bank account (because I don't have one), I will return the favour if any of my real friends need any help, thanks.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

aesmith wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:09 pm I thought better of him, just call him Robert Dreary Dave White ..
Robert White
Urgent message to my 70 followers. I'm trying to fight a fight for the people of our land, but I need help with the costs. All I ask for is just £1 each. It's not for me and will not go into my bank account (because I don't have one), I will return the favour if any of my real friends need any help, thanks.
How far will £70.00 get him?

When he says “fight a fight” I presume he means he’s run out of stationary and stamps.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JimUk1 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm How far will £70.00 get him?
I thought the Bank of Bob was flush with cash at the moment? I mean he generously rounded up the cheque to Newlyn to £5,000. Perhaps it only has £4,930 in clearable funds and he doesn't want to bounce his own cheque? :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

When he says “fight a fight” I presume he means he’s run out of stationary and stamps.
Or it means there's no beer in the fridge.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

I fear the bankruptcy has at long last bitten and reduced him to abject penury devoid even of a living allowance from the bankruptcy practitioners. Something he might have expected if he'd cooperated and not been an arrogant gobby git who thought he had all the cards when in reality he had Mrs Bun the baker, Reverend Green in the library with the lead pipe and fuck all else.

I wonder how long it will take for him to be so skint he doesn't even have internet access.

Ah fellow Quatlosers... Remember those halcyon days of a year and a half ago when he was going to just hunker down with his PlayCourt drivel and wait for his twelve month automatic discharge... His assets intact?

In honour of the centenary of Wilfred Owen's death I paraphrase...

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro morons on the internet mori.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Or it means there's no beer in the fridge.
He’ll have to revert to drinking “spillages” at last orders. Although I haven’t seen anyone ask for them for a while
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Robert White
Urgent message to my 70 followers.
Is that really all he has after all his time and effort? How sad.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:36 pm
Robert White
Urgent message to my 70 followers.
Is that really all he has after all his time and effort? How sad.
He'd have a few dozen more if he didn't block anyone asking awkward questions.