Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by Tevildo »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:23 am A fine? Not even two hours in the comfy chair?
Well, that's just for the impersonation. Attempting to excercise any of the functions of an HCEO would lead to more serious charges (theft, blackmail (demanding money with menaces), aggravated trespass, harassment, criminal damage) which might attract custodial sentences.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Does Britain have the concept of Officer of the Court? It seems to me that it is he false claim of official authority, not the specific title involved that is the offense.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

grixit wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 am Does Britain have the concept of Officer of the Court?
As far as I know anybody acting on the orders of a court is an officer of the court.

It seems to me that it is he false claim of official authority, not the specific title involved that is the offense.
You're probably right. Impersonating anybody for gain or advantage is probably an offence.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

So how do they plan on enforcing their sentences? Have they set up their own prisons? And wouldn't demanding payment of fines be criminal extortion?
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

MaritalArtist wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:56 am So how do they plan on enforcing their sentences? Have they set up their own prisons? And wouldn't demanding payment of fines be criminal extortion?
Pit and gallows for all.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

MaritalArtist wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:56 am So how do they plan on enforcing their sentences? Have they set up their own prisons? And wouldn't demanding payment of fines be criminal extortion?
Not sure about that part, but it looks like they may be off to a good start, with their own ambulance service going in Wales.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Juisarian wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:33 pm
Pit and gallows for all.
IIRC, before my sockpuppet was blocked by Crabbie, one of the CLC has built a gallows which he keeps in his garage.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:20 pm
Not sure about that part, but it looks like they may be off to a good start, with their own ambulance service going in Wales.
Didn't somebody do this years back and appear on one of the UK TV cop shows? I wonder if it's the same person who still has the same obsession.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

I don't think there's any criminal offence of driving around in a fake ambulance as long as you never switch on the blue lights.

Private and vintage ambulances are definitely a thing and so are private and vintage fire engines. There's a specific offence of impersonating a police officer so I assume having a fake cop car with POLICE on it is a bit dodgy.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

mufc1959 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:38 pm IIRC, before my sockpuppet was blocked by Crabbie, one of the CLC has built a gallows which he keeps in his garage.
Is that legal? I've lived in places (in the US) where even making a hangman's noose was technically illegal.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 am I don't think there's any criminal offence of driving around in a fake ambulance as long as you never switch on the blue lights.

Private and vintage ambulances are definitely a thing and so are private and vintage fire engines. There's a specific offence of impersonating a police officer so I assume having a fake cop car with POLICE on it is a bit dodgy.
As long as the ambulance doesn’t have the words “Paramedic” written on as it’s a protected title.

Which is why NHS ambulances no longer display it as technicians and ECT’s may be staffing them.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Anyway, back to the thread subject matter - is Rekha Patel's criminal trial still taking place on 13-14 December? Criminal damage and squatting. Bet the villagers are dreading her bail conditions being lifted after what seems to have been a peaceful 6 months. :thinking:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

What's an "estate" car?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

grixit wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:56 am
What's an "estate" car?
A station wagon.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

TheHallouminati wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:57 pm Anyway, back to the thread subject matter - is Rekha Patel's criminal trial still taking place on 13-14 December? Criminal damage and squatting. Bet the villagers are dreading her bail conditions being lifted after what seems to have been a peaceful 6 months. :thinking:
I suspect that if she is convicted she will receive a sentence similar to Crawford a relatively small fine and an indefinite prohibition order.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

daltontrumbno wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 am
TheHallouminati wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:57 pm Anyway, back to the thread subject matter - is Rekha Patel's criminal trial still taking place on 13-14 December? Criminal damage and squatting. Bet the villagers are dreading her bail conditions being lifted after what seems to have been a peaceful 6 months. :thinking:
I suspect that if she is convicted she will receive a sentence similar to Crawford a relatively small fine and an indefinite prohibition order.
You're right. Given what she has already lost by her own folly, the sentence is unlikely to be harsh. The main thing is to get a long protective order which police can arrest for.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

post by mufc1959 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:35 pm, The Comedy Court of Common Law
On the list of cases recently heard at Hindley Labour Club was this:

The People (represented by Rekha Patel) v [redacted - various people involved in her case, including the neighbour]

There's no info about the 'charges' but the verdict will have been a resounding 'guilty'. I anticipate the sentence will somehow involve Rekha being restored at Hanover Cottage and the neighbour being evicted from her home. Given the inability of any of the involved participants to work out how to enforce a CLC "order", I don't think the neighbour (or "Paul McCartney", the new owner of Hanover Cottage) have anything to worry about.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Unless it's been pulled, tomorrow is Rekha's big day. Anyone know which court it is going to be at? I presume it's a magistrates court which would allow a little more leeway on comments, but can't be too careful!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

It's at Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court 10am. An early Xmas treat. :lol:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
rosy

Post by rosy »

With Rekha's upcoming trial, Sabine McNeill's ongoing trial, Belinda McKenzie being ordered into the dock during Sabine's trial and Robert White's eviction, December is proving a difficult month for the freeman idiots.

And I couldn't be happier. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: