The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by notorial dissent »

I would think that the moment any of these clowns open their mouths in the presence of one of those officers should automatically disqualify them from a license, or I would at least hope so.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:45 pm
The CLC is rapidly acquiring all the traits of gangsters or a terrorist operation,
Judging by the content of some of the posts on their forum, there's a strong link with the 'alt-right'. As it appears that the security services are increasingly focusing their attentions on neo-nazis (see todays BBC news - for example), and the CCOCL has already made threats against public servants, I suspect that it may only be a matter of time before they find themselves having a little chat with Mr Plod.
Funny you posted this, I was reading the BBC story I think you are referring to and couldn't help see similarities to the CLC gang, just will less overt racism.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the BBC story I think you are referring to
I was thinking of the report of the sentence today, but that article is very comprehensive on the background.

Clearly a very evil and dangerous lot, but I have to admit that I kind of admire the level of detailed fanaticism that comes up with a swastika biscuit cutter!
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:48 pm
the BBC story I think you are referring to
I was thinking of the report of the sentence today, but that article is very comprehensive on the background.

Clearly a very evil and dangerous lot, but I have to admit that I kind of admire the level of detailed fanaticism that comes up with a swastika biscuit cutter!
Biscuit cutter! I thought it said pizza cutter, either way, yes, just a little OTT !
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm It is also possible that the weapon may simply fall from no longer tensed hands, saving some prising even if you don't get there very quickly.
If 1960s war films like "The Longest Day" and "The Battle of the Bulge" are anything to go by the correct thing to do on being shot is to drop your weapon, throw both arms in the air and launch yourself forward while shouting "ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!"

Taking care of course to land gently on your side to avoid further injury. :snicker:

If dressed as a Kraut Hun German you may optionally wish to shout "Achtung Tommy schwienhund AIEEEEEEE!" or "Gott in himmel!"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

longdog wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm It is also possible that the weapon may simply fall from no longer tensed hands, saving some prising even if you don't get there very quickly.
If 1960s war films like "The Longest Day" and "The Battle of the Bulge" are anything to go by the correct thing to do on being shot is to drop your weapon, throw both arms in the air and launch yourself forward while shouting "ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!"

Taking care of course to land gently on your side to avoid further injury. :snicker:

If dressed as a Kraut Hun German you may optionally wish to shout "Achtung Tommy schwienhund AIEEEEEEE!" or "Gott in himmel!"
Actual results will depend on the energy of the projectile and exactly where it hits and may vary from causing increased hostility without other immediate effect to instant death. High impact energy weapons such as a shotgun at close range are advised if an immediate cessation of hostilities is desired without great precision. If films and television depicted the wide range of possible reactions to being hit the audience would be confused and possibly accuse the actors of not playing fair.

Other ways of not playing fair include not wearing hard soled shoes so you can easily be located by sound while walking around the deserted factory.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

TheRambler wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm I think that you will find that Firearms Licensing Managers (FLM) at least and most Firearms Enquiry Officers (FEO) have some degree of awareness of FMOTL.
Why am I not surprised?
TheRambler wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm Quite a few have found that their beliefs aren’t considered to be compatible with the Firearms Act and have had certificates revoked as they are no longer considered to be a “fit person”. They can of course appeal to the Crown Court but that in itself puts them in a rather awkward position
Oh dear, what a pity. Never mind.

Like so many FMOTL vs. reality issues it’s an entirely self-inflicted problem in the first place.
TheRambler wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm Usually their behaviour following revocation is what seals the matter anyway
But what better way is there to demonstrate you’re a level-headed, law abiding and responsible kind of person who has no worrying psychological tendencies than going Full Freeman on the firearms licensing arm of the police? :sarcasmon:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Surely the CCCL will issue their own authorities to obtain and carry firearms? Not sure how effective they would be when attempting to purchase a weapon from the local gun shop. Actually, I am pretty sure how well they'd work.

I seriously hope that Crabby never gets access to real guns, he strikes me as the kind of person who would use them.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

YiamCross wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am I seriously hope that Crabby never gets access to real guns, he strikes me as the kind of person who would use them.
Has he not done time? Anyone sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 3 months or more; that includes suspended sentences and youth custody; is under the provisions of S21 of the Firearms Act barred from any access to firearms (that includes airguns) for a period of 5 years. If the term of imprisonment is 3 years or more then the prohibition is for life.

TheRambler
notorial dissent

I have to agree with YiamCross here, the thought of any of those loons having access to any kind of firearm is disturbing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 pm I have to agree with YiamCross here, the thought of any of those loons having access to any kind of firearm is disturbing.
They'd probably be a bigger risk to their own safety than that of others. I doubt if more than half of them know the difference between the handle end and the dangerous end.

And then there's the problem of finding a dodgy firearms supplier prepared to sell to them and raising the couple of thousand or so quid in cash they'd need.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

longdog wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 pm I have to agree with YiamCross here, the thought of any of those loons having access to any kind of firearm is disturbing.
They'd probably be a bigger risk to their own safety than that of others. I doubt if more than half of them know the difference between the handle end and the dangerous end.

And then there's the problem of finding a dodgy firearms supplier prepared to sell to them and raising the couple of thousand or so quid in cash they'd need.
I seriously suspect that is entirely true, although in offing themselves they could very well hurt any number of innocent bystanders.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The CLC has a swanky new site.

You can search for anything on there and get a full result.

Take for instance Birth Certificates.

A full list of mostly complete names and dates of birth openly published, all 98 pages (and counting).

Try Commercial Liens R Us.

And how about a fictitious name search?

The cases register is a pale reflection of the old site with much redaction, likely due to McPlod getting involved.

Oh, and the sales declaration page is a who's who of UK internet crazies all doxxing themselves.
Siegfried Shrink

I wonder how they search for ficticious names?

And why.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

On the list of cases recently heard at Hindley Labour Club was this:
The People (represented by Rekha Patel) v [redacted - various people involved in her case, including the neighbour]
There's no info about the 'charges' but the verdict will have been a resounding 'guilty'. I anticipate the sentence will somehow involve Rekha being restored at Hanover Cottage and the neighbour being evicted from her home. Given the inability of any of the involved participants to work out how to enforce a CLC "order", I don't think the neighbour (or "Paul McCartney", the new owner of Hanover Cottage) have anything to worry about.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

mufc1959 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm I don't think the neighbour (or "Paul McCartney", the new owner of Hanover Cottage) have anything to worry about.
I think you are 100% right there, but he might want to see a copy before her December court date. It would make obtaining an indefinite restraining order with additional conditions not to publish or cause to publish so much easier. :D
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm I wonder how they search for ficticious names?

And why.
In the real world, a "ficticious name search" is a real concept, and somewhat useful.

In Orange County, California, a business operating under a "fictitious name" must file with the county clerk and publish the association in a "newspaper of general circulation". If England has similar rules, a search in neighboring counties might be a useful thing to do before opening a business under a "ficticious name".

I have no idea what these serfs mean by it.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Siegfried Shrink

The British equivalent to what you describe is the Registration of Business Names Act

You can operate as Jones Bros. if you are the Jones Brothers but if you picked that name as a business name and just want a solid sounding name you must register it. A more obvious case would be a hairdresser called 'Baldy Bonce' which is obviously not a real name.
As you say, I too have no idea what the CLC mean by it
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm I wonder how they search for ficticious names?

And why.
Aren't 'fictitious names' the name given to you by your parent(s), they're the name on your birth certificate, they're you but not you because you didn't choose to be called that name. So everyone has a fictitious name (which you're known by) but isn't really you but 'you' or 'not really you' can be searched for on the CLC !

Time for a lie down methinks :beatinghorse:
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

AndyPandy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 pm Aren't 'fictitious names' the name given to you by your parent(s), they're the name on your birth certificate
My Dad was drunk and registered a name for me to piss off my mum. However, back in the day you could register a "Section 10" name at baptism, recorded on your birth certificate, which you are no longer able to do.

My S10 name is the one I have always been called and use now. There is an argument to be had that my current name is fictitious as it wasn't the one originally registered :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor