Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hmm. I'm not actually calling bullshit on this but I have my doubts. 2kw in panels would costs about £3k and need 13-14m2 of roof space. 2kw in the winter and you can add some more. You will also need serious amounts of large cable and regulation controls together with several FO sized batteries to hold it all. You can double the price for that. Now allow for that 2kw installation to be made for fixed roofs not vehicles, so more engineering required.
It may be possible, but it requires the entire vehicle roof to be covered with solar panels, about £5k in money, some serious auto electrical and physical engineering and it all needs to be done such that you don't set fire to the truck. And it will probably add 500kg to the weight, so hope that doesn't affect things like weight class, licenses etc.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

Prof. Brian Cox did a very simple demonstration of how much juice you get from the sun on one of his shows.
Basically, at the equator, on a sunny day with the sun right above, you get 1Kw of energy per 1m² of ground or roof etc.

Up in deepest Warrington, taking into account inefficiencies of the panel & cabling I also call bullshit.

I don't know if he has photos up but I'd hazard a guess he's got hold of a solar trickle charger that us caravanners use to keep the battery topped up when not in use.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Maybe a 2kW inverter, with solar power of some lower capacity charging his batteries. I know we're poking fun at him, but I quite like his truck, and can you imagine for example David Robinson being capable of doing anything remotely similar. Or Colon or any of the other losers.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

aesmith wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:25 pm Maybe a 2kW inverter, with solar power of some lower capacity charging his batteries. I know we're poking fun at him, but I quite like his truck, and can you imagine for example David Robinson being capable of doing anything remotely similar. Or Colon or any of the other losers.
Unless you've been looking, you get this month's Mystic Meg award. He has got a 2kw inverter in his pictures somewhere.
And I agree, if it wasn't for his Looney Tunes approach to the law, I'd likely spend some time talking to him about his truck and its set up if I ever met him.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

You know, I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have a steam powered computer, I hear they are all the rage now. :snicker: The rest, let's just say I haz me doubts......
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

As a fellow truck dweller I have been looking into solar power quite a lot. 2kw of decent quality panels from somewhere like Bimble would cost way less than 3k, £7-800 would do the job, but would be heavy and a lot too many to fit on a truck roof. Generally 3-4 250W panels will give plenty of power in summer for essentials like fridge, laptop and lighting but you'll need an alternative source in winter. I bought a 2kw Honda generator for about a grand. Batteries are not cheap though you can source good quality spill proof deep cycle batteries quite cheaply from companies replacing corporate UPS systems. I bought 4 200 Ah 6V batteries for a 400 hundred quid and A high quality inverter/charger from Victon or Outback will be about a grand. A good charge controller for the solar plus cabling, fuses, battery monitor etc would be under a grand. For between 3-4 grand you can have a decent system that would give you off-grid power pretty much all year round so long as you don't go mad. Running a desk top PC would really need the Genny to be fired up but it's doable.

I know people who have spent a lot less but to be honest they end up with barely enough power to charge their phones and all kinds of problems with reliability.

I'm not convinced the Baron would manage to get it all installed without creating an unreliable mobile fire hazard but he'll find plenty of people on his travels who will help him sort things out . Probably a lot of like-minded souls happy to exchange anti-vaccinema, corporate genocide alien abduction big phaarma etc stories & general conspiracy mania too.

For some reason there are are lot of crazy people, many ex services veterans among them, who have nowhere else to go but survive perfectly well on the road. Most of them are pleasant and good company for a while. I suspect the Baron will fit right in and good luck to him, irritating as he can be I would not like to see him freeze on the streets.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am still trying to figure out how he could have putatively paid for it since I thought he was broke/skinned. As was pointed out even a medium range set is not cheap. That kind of wiring setup and connection is NOT cheap or easy as was pointed out, and I have a hard time believing Baron Boring could manage it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

What I have a bigger problem with is his ability to insure a truck without a postal address. Either he's uninsured and got away with it so far or he's not quite telling the truth. I'll go for the latter.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

longdog wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm What I have a bigger problem with is his ability to insure a truck without a postal address. Either he's uninsured and got away with it so far or he's not quite telling the truth. I'll go for the latter.
It's a problem for those who have really turned their backs on bricks & mortar. The only real option is to use the address of a friend or relative otherwise insurance is horrendously expensive assuming you can find any. Most of the mailing services are known to insurers. Personally I don't really see how it can materially affect the risk other than to reduce it as long termers tend to look after their vehicles quite well.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Don't forget tht where you live is an important factor in assesing the risk and thus the premium. Some try this gambit for lower premiums and come unstuck.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 pm Don't forget tht where you live is an important factor in assesing the risk and thus the premium. Some try this gambit for lower premiums and come unstuck.
I would've thought no fixed abode would be the least insurable post code of the lot.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

If i were to do that, i'd probably have an extensible rig to hold up most of the solar cells and do my main charging while parked.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Wouldn't the use of a friend's or relative's address constitute insurance fraud?

That might work until you had a claim. Then, when the insurance company finds out that you have no fixed address and where using someone else's, they would be within their rights to deny the claim, wouldn't they?

That would be particularly disastrous if you were at fault and the injured party were suing you for a large amount, that is suddenly not covered by insurance.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

At that point, unless you are living off of the interest of a large amount, you are likely judgement-proof
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

LaVidaRoja wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:26 am At that point, unless you are living off of the interest of a large amount, you are likely judgement-proof
That reminds me: did Ward get any of the proceeds of the house sale?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm
LaVidaRoja wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:26 am At that point, unless you are living off of the interest of a large amount, you are likely judgement-proof
That reminds me: did Ward get any of the proceeds of the house sale?
I think the surplus went to the Baroness, having been already awarded to her during divorce proceedings. She may have bunged him a wedge for old times sake, especially if it would help him to go away. She will now be planning a cosy Christmas with family and friends, in her new home, free at last of his incessant, delusional arrogant ramblings. I don't know if she's allowed to keep the title, need to check with Debretts.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Of course she can keep it. She has as much legal right to the title as he does.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Just my experience of domestic solar power....

The house has a 4kW PV installation (without batteries) on a roof facing slightly East of due South. At this time of the year given the latitude of the UK and related weather, the maximum generated is about 4kWh during daylight hours, giving an hourly average 500W; that'll run background appliances (fridges, freezers) without drawing on the local grid. The minimum seen recently is 0.2kWh (25W). The latter might power a couple of LEDs.

Prior to this installation, the house's average daily consumption (as seen from bills) was about 15kWh with 3 adults resident; now down to 2.

On a fine day in summer a total of 22 to 24kWh can be achieved; the surplus gets fed back into the grid.

Annually, the total has ranged from 2500 to 3000kWh.

The RPI adjusted Feed-In Tariff paid by HM Government (shortly to be abolished for new installations) & the saving made as the house electricity meter is frequently stationary ensures that I will recoup my investment (about GBP6,250 several years ago) by the end of the decade. I would consider batteries and a smaller set up if I was going for a new installation in the current conditions; i.e no FIT.

An off-grid BVT would need, as others have suggested, some kind of top-up, an AC generator perhaps & batteries as he's not connected. It also goes without saying that you need PV installed by a competent electrician.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

The Baron is winning in his battle of troof against government shills...
Baron David Ward
25 December 2018 at 01:08 ·

Ive been blocked by two more government Shills.

Both work for Social Serveses In Child trafficking.
Im getting good at this. The Shills are now blocking me.

Thats Progress.
The SHill Hunter provails.

Simon Muller: Happy Xmas dave if your getting blocked your hiring on the truth and the truth hurts

Baron David Ward: One of them was a Phsycolagist. I distroyed the fucker. Gutted him like a wet fish. My good deed for christmass. Have a Good one Simon.

Malcolm Burt: Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition dude.A merry Xmas or Happy Solstice to you Baron,& to all lovers of truth.

Baron David Ward: Thanks Malcolm have a good one M8. Battle will commence in the new year. Ha ha.❤️🤣

Malcolm Burt: Very true Baron.the fight goes on.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The wise man turns from the fool in pity.
The fool cries "See! He fears me!"