Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Wakeman52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by Wakeman52 »

TGBMS was in a list of DVDs recommended to me by Amazon..

Not any longer, although I saw that one reviewer thinks it's a 'mockumentary'. :snicker:
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I think I did ther mockumentary one :-)
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

From O'Bonk's FB: ( the engine is running out of steam..... and we need to leave some more negative reviews on Amazon)

To everybody who has already bought TGBMS on DVD or Amazon Prime, as well as all those who are intending to do so. We are in need of your help.

Please don't forget to rate and review the film on Amazon, since there is no better form of marketing in the digital age, than a large number of genuine five star reviews from people who have seen the film, which already has more than a dozen such reviews for the DVD.

This will also assist us greatly in bouncing back from the TGBMS blow-back we have experienced over the past ten days, during which time it became apparent that:

a. Some people really didn't want the film to screen in the shadow of Canary Wharf last Saturday.

b. Publicity for the film is being suppressed on YouTube, Google and Twitter.

c. There has been an attempt to write the film off as a parody of itself, having been reviewed on Amazon as a "mockumentary", which allegedly uses a bunch of very convincing amateur actors to portray events which never actually happened.

However, if you can help us generate 100 five star Amazon reviews, for both the DVD and the digital release, you will have played your part in making sure 'The Great British Mortgage Swindle' is a mainstream success, as well as thwarting the concerted efforts to prevent the film reaching the people who need to see it and contributing towards the rehousing of the protagonists who lost their properties during the making of the film.

For everything you have already done to support the film and for everything you are about to do, never doubt for a second how eternally grateful our children will be one day, when enough people know enough about the mortgage scam to put an end to it in our lifetimes, which TGBMS was always intended to catalyze.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Get reviewing people, let's help O'Dreary to the Xmas number 1 comedy spot.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

...and it looks like their screening in London got sabotaged ;

It is with regret that we must inform you that, due to circumstances beyond our control, the confirmed screening of 'The Great British Mortgage Swindle', scheduled to take place at 6pm in South London this Saturday, the 15th of December 2018, has been cancelled.

Since it is too late to book another venue before the New Year, full refunds are available for everybody who booked tickets for the screening. Emails have already been sent this morning to everybody who did so, explaining the options available.

To make amends for the cancelled screening of the film in the capital, from today, everybody who has purchased Cinema-on-Demand tickets via the A-FP Box Office, is entitled to cash them in for a DVD of the film, provided they have not already been used at a confirmed screening.

To take advantage of this Special Offer, reply to the email you received after you bought your ticket, writing “I accept the COD DVD OFFER” in the body of your message. Alternatively, you can do the same using the contact page at our website, quoting your ticket number.

A DVD will then be dispatched and delivered to the address you have already supplied us with when you purchased your COD ticket.

As the price of the DVD is £9.99, if you paid £8 for your ticket, there would be a £1.99 supplement. If you paid £10, you would be due a refund of 1p. Full refunds remain available to everybody who has not attended a confirmed screening or cashed in their ticket.

If we don't hear from you, we will assume you would like to retain your reservation for a screening of the film near you in the New Year, which your existing tickets will still be good to gain entry to.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any and all inconvenience caused, as well as our gratitude for your support of truly independent filmmaking.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

What is so difficult about

1. Rent theater
2. Show movie

?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

There has been an attempt to write the film off as a parody of itself, having been reviewed on Amazon as a "mockumentary", which allegedly uses a bunch of very convincing amateur actors to portray events which never actually happened.
Pretty sure this was me, glad it seems to have had the intended effect :-)
longdog

Post by longdog »

due to circumstances beyond our control
Translation: Only three people bought a ticket.

What is so difficult about

1. Rent theater
2. Show movie

?
Nothing but...
3: Sell tickets
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

SteveUK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:30 am Get reviewing people, let's help O'Dreary to the Xmas number 1 comedy spot.
Separate review section for the digital version :whistle:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-British- ... ew-section
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Succinct and to the point:
0 stars
The failings of fmotl.

Fail.

24 December 2018
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

In two minds about this. £3.49 for the SD rent version on Amazon Prime. Plus side, get to do a Verified Purchase Review. Downside, this grifter gets £3.49.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:16 pm In two minds about this. £3.49 for the SD rent version on Amazon Prime. Plus side, get to do a Verified Purchase Review. Downside, this grifter gets £3.49.
Amazon refund policy?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:16 pm In two minds about this. £3.49 for the SD rent version on Amazon Prime. Plus side, get to do a Verified Purchase Review. Downside, this grifter gets £3.49.
Amazon refund policy?
Sadly no:
Your digital order cannot be cancelled once you have started watching or downloading the video.
(I haven't rented it. That's from another film.)
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

You know, as a mocumentary about how an uneducated simpleton tricks people into believing they really don't have to pay for anything, it could be quite entertaining.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:13 am What is so difficult about

1. Rent theater
2. Show movie

?
actually selling tickets?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

there needs to be a scathing review of the mockumentary taking advantage of a mentally ill family in order to turn a buck.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:08 pm (I haven't rented it. That's from another film.)
I'm prepared to shell out £1, do we have 9 others? I'll then cheerfully rip it & upload for all to see.
I'm standing under common law so bugger copyright.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

We could give it the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:06 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:08 pm (I haven't rented it. That's from another film.)
I'm prepared to shell out £1, do we have 9 others? I'll then cheerfully rip it & upload for all to see.
I'm standing under common law so bugger copyright.
I'm in for a quid.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

i'm in. i can't buy it because its not available in the US.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.