Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm ...barely sentient turnips...
I am so stealing that :-D
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 am If the yellow vests are protesting here nobody's noticed.
The 'yellow vests' have been protesting all over the place. They seem to think that by donning a hi-viz they are a part of a world wide protest movement but as often as not their lack of numbers makes them look more like street sweepers on a tea break.

The whole gilets jaunes thing is a godsend to every delusional crank looking for a bandwagon to jump on. A quick trip to Poundland and you're a part of an international movement.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

They don't even know what they are protesting or what the original protest was about.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

"but"

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

HOWEVER, THEY SENT ME A PICTURE OF A FINGER AND TOLD ME TO SPIN ON IT.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 am If the yellow vests are protesting here nobody's noticed. I've not seen or read anything in the news regarding any activities they might be up to in Canada. If they want to take back our government they'd better roll up their sleeves and get to work, we're having a national election in October. Unfortunately that involves actually doing something apart from endless Facebook postings so it's probably a non-starter.
they're using the proven Steaming Pile of BM™ method. just say you're going to do it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

So are day glow yellow vests the new Guy Fawkes masks?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 am If the yellow vests are protesting here nobody's noticed. I've not seen or read anything in the news regarding any activities they might be up to in Canada. If they want to take back our government they'd better roll up their sleeves and get to work, we're having a national election in October. Unfortunately that involves actually doing something apart from endless Facebook postings so it's probably a non-starter.
Actually there has been a little bit of yellow vest stuff here in Alberta. That being said, a valid single issue political protest ended up being hijacked by every right wing closet keyboard warrior with a bone to pick. It went from this:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.4952283
and has shrunk to this:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.4988095
and here's an analysis of the movement:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ca ... nge-groups

I know around here the local yellow vest movement has dissolved into a bunch of fringe lunatics. One of their supporters recently berated me on facebook for not shooting out the tires of a "suspicious vehicle" that was obviously planning to steal my truck, my dogs, and kidnap the wimmen folk. :brickwall:

The truth of the matter is: yes there was a suspicious vehicle, sans plates slowly cruising around, with a couple of people who were checking if vehicles were unlocked at around 4 AM. Call to 911, cops were actually here in 5 minutes which is better than their normal 20 minute response out in the country, and a very nice cop canvassed the neighbourhood at a more reasonable time of day to check if anything went missing.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

You may remember Mr Wragg from such previous FOTLer stupidity in November vowing:
you should be so lucky I got £880 TWICE for ignoring them!!!...still ignoring them & they will never get a penny!
So, how's that going Stuart?
Arrest Warning

Amount Owing: £2077

The court has issued a warrant for your arrest because you have not paid money you owe.

<snip>

Date: 31 January 2019
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I hope he records the 'illegal' arrest for general amusement.
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

Arrest Warning

Amount Owing: £2077

The court has issued a warrant for your arrest because you have not paid money you owe.

<snip>

Date: 31 January 2019
Hmm! I didn't know that ca. sa. was still alive and well. Presumably this is for a court-imposed fine, rather than just an outstanding debt?
rosy

Post by rosy »

Yes, that's for court fines.

I'm sure Mr Wragg will be along soon to explain why this is a victory!!! rather than £2k of priority debt.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Just as an aside I tripped over this particular PLT prat and thought I'd share. He's and idiot and some of the other commenters think so too.

Lawful Rebellion twaddle
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The longer I follow these nuts and their ever changing but ever the same bollocks the more I notice the apparent link between people who believe this sort of crap and people who smoke cannabis. And here he is with a cannabis t-shirt.

It's too common to be a coincidence so there has to be some sort of causal relationship between weed consumption and freemanism. But what?

Some suggestions...

1) Too much weed makes you paranoid and paranoia leads to believing ridiculous conspiracy theories of which FMOTLism is one.

2) People are already paranoid or have some some sort of mental health issue that affects their perception of reality and they self medicate with cannabis.

3) They're stupid enough to repeatedly get caught for minor drugs offences because they're incapable of being discrete with their drug use like normal people (by doing stupid things like wearing t-shirts that say "search me" to the wallopers) and think this FMOTL lunacy is a solution to their real life problems. If FMOTL is real then cannabis IS legal.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

While many FMOTL types do seem to be smoking copious amounts of the leafy green stuff, I do not think it makes them any more or less susceptible to these beliefs. I think it is more to do with the type of person, who skirts the fringes of legality, and is inherently lazy. While their smoking may increase the laze I do not believe it to be the cause. I know too many people on the other spectrum, with professional degrees and licences, who hold high power, mentally challenging jobs, that smoke regularly. I know others who legitimately use for medical reasons, and do not have these beliefs. Without exception these people are all professionals, contributing to society, although I don't believe they work stoned, they may do it on their off time.

It is the person who devolves into the murky depths of pseudo law. While the wacky weed may be used by them, it is not the cause of their stupidity. However that same stupidity may make them more prone to using. Further, not all people who use it have dininished mental capacity and fall for these things.

I think we are ultimately heading for legalization here, too much money is at stake. In 20 years it will be on par with having wine with dinner or an ice cold beer after working outside on a hot day.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm sure it's not a simple dope causes FMOTLism thing and I have nothing against weed myself. Not really my sort of drug because I prefer amphetamines on high days and holidays but a lot of my perfectly effective and mentally normal friends have the odd spliff of a weekend. I'm not sure it will be legalised in my lifetime... It'll just be ever more ignored by plod until it adds up to the same thing. Even now you have to really go out of your way to get busted for weed and even further out of your way to end up in court.

That said... I'm an admin of the FMOTL Licencing Authority Facebook group and I always take a peek at the profiles of people who want to join (I approve everybody by the way). I'd say 95% of them haven't read the group description or spotted that a FMOTL Licencing and Registration Authority is clearly a joke and at least 80% of them will have multiple pro-weed posts on their profile.

As the Freemen themselves are prone to saying... Further research needed.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hmm. Well I'm sure you're not Donna, I've met her, or Colin, I speak to him from time to time and one day when we coincide I shall drink Pepsi with him. Which one, which one???
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

I'm an admin of the FMOTL Licencing Authority Facebook group
Which really is a superb undertaking! Thank you so much for bringing to my attention the Gloucestershire bloke who actually did shout 'Gerrofmoilarnd' while threatening to get his pitchfork. Brightened my day.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... Clvp3WGp1g
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 am
Which really is a superb undertaking! Thank you so much for bringing to my attention the Gloucestershire bloke who actually did shout 'Gerrofmoilarnd' while threatening to get his pitchfork. Brightened my day.

I thought I recognised him arresting a bailiff at Guy Taylors @1.07
https://youtu.be/hxNAqMtLiNs
:haha:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 am

Love the comments - haven't learned to play the banjos yet.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self