Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by grixit »

Brexit reminds me of a situation a while back in which a governor of Texas, at that time doing rather well, poopooed people in other states who were having trouble paying for fuel. A year later, Texas was in recession and very glad to get national support.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by aesmith »

For Scottish Independence of course it will be the other way round, but only if the second one returns a Yes majority.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

And there was me thinking that politics is a banned subject on Q. It seems however that pro remain posts are ok. Biased or what?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:36 pm And there was me thinking that politics is a banned subject on Q. It seems however that pro remain posts are ok. Biased or what?
Well noted.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

I was always under the impression that the 'no politics' rule was pretty much ignored on the UK forum.

There have been plenty of political comments on here. Some I agree with, some I don't. I don't recall there ever being anything even close to a bun fight over politics.

When it comes down to it we just have far better manners than the colonials and can agree to disagree :snicker:

I think it's entirely fair to point out that almost all of our favourite nutters are ardent no-deal Brexiteers. It's hardly a surprise as they don't really like any form of government except a dictatorship of the woke.. Like them. The entertaining thing is the way they think that leaving the EU will mark the end of them having to obey the law, pay their bills and all of the other things they don't like. Because reasons.

It would be just as comical if they were all pro-European because you just know their reasons would be equally as divorced from reality.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

99% of the time I'd agree, but when it comes to the B Word, all bets are off. :snicker:
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:57 pm 99% of the time I'd agree, but when it comes to the B Word, all bets are off. :snicker:
Basingstoke?

Basingstoke Westphalia?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:07 pm
SteveUK wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:57 pm 99% of the time I'd agree, but when it comes to the B Word, all bets are off. :snicker:
Basingstoke?

Basingstoke Westphalia?
No, Brixham on Sea, but don't say it too loudly!!

Now, back to business. What the hell has happened to Rekha, its been total silence??
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Please keep the Brexit discussions off here, thanks.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:32 pm Now, back to business. What the hell has happened to Rekha, its been total silence??
She does seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

We should call it her 'Rekxit' :mrgreen:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm sorry, I'm the one who brought it up.
For the record, we don't have ''rules'' per se, we have guidelines. Guidelines most certainly more relaxed in the UK section than anywhere else, because as a group you have shown yourselves to be more agreeable.

But maybe Brexit is a step too far.

Now, someone take me out back and have the interns apply 40 lashes. (which I actually quite enjoy, but that's another fish)
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
rumpelstilzchen

longdog wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:17 pm

I think it's entirely fair to point out that almost all of our favourite nutters are ardent no-deal Brexiteers.
So what?
X supports Y. X is mad. Conclusion: Y is mad. Just because "our favourite nutters" support a no deal Brexit does not mean that it automatically follows that a no deal Brexit is necessarilly bad. That is a logical fallacy.
You are now engaing in logical fallacies. Spewing logical fallacies is something that I thought members of Quatloos are, or at least should be, above.
It would be fair to point out that the highest percentage of terrorist attacks are carried out by muslims.
Now do you get my fucking point?
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Sat May 04, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:54 pm
longdog wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:17 pm

I think it's entirely fair to point out that almost all of our favourite nutters are ardent no-deal Brexiteers.
So what?
X supports Y. X is mad. Conclusion: Y is mad. A logical fallacy.
You are now engaing in logical fallacies. Spewing logical fallacies is something that I thought members of Quatloos are, or at least should be, above.
It would be fair to point out that the highest percentage of terrorist attacks are carried out by muslims.
Now do you get my fucking point?
Calm down for fuck's sake. The answer to your question is in the rest of my post which you've edited out for some reason...
...It's hardly a surprise as they don't really like any form of government except a dictatorship of the woke.. Like them. The entertaining thing is the way they think that leaving the EU will mark the end of them having to obey the law, pay their bills and all of the other things they don't like. Because reasons.

It would be just as comical if they were all pro-European because you just know their reasons would be equally as divorced from reality.
It's not a matter of whether Brexit is right or wrong but the way they think Brexit is going to be the solution to all of their problems for reasons which only make sense inside their own heads.

You may recall this post quoting one of the kooks from a few days ago...
This is true all vote get us out of the Eu no more council tax ,liability orders , no more knocking on your door by the scum who follow the Eu directive
Are we not supposed to talk about their posts if they make idiotic points about Brexit in case a Brixiteer or a Remainer gets triggered?

Just to be clear... As it seems I need to be... This isn't about being pro or anti Brexit it's about idiots being idiots and their thinking Brexit is going to make a lick of difference to council tax or any other totally irrelevant thing they happen to be against.
Last edited by longdog on Sat May 04, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumpelstilzchen

The entertaining thing is the way they think that leaving the EU will mark the end of them having to obey the law, pay their bills and all of the other things they don't like. Because reasons.
Quoting one person who holds that view does not make the above true about the "they" who you refer to.
One person wrote it and you make a blanket statement.
BHF wrote:
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:45 pm
The entertaining thing is the way they think that leaving the EU will mark the end of them having to obey the law, pay their bills and all of the other things they don't like. Because reasons.
Quoting one person who holds that view does not make the above true about the "they" who you refer to.
One person wrote it and you make a blanket statement.
It wasn't a blanket statement it was the FACT that so many of them have bizarre beliefs about the consequences of Brexit which are utterly divorced from reality.
rumpelstilzchen

longdog wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:55 pm It wasn't a blanket statement it was the FACT that so many of them have bizarre beliefs about the consequences of Brexit which are utterly divorced from reality.
It was a blanket statement. Your claim was:
The entertaining thing is the way they think that leaving the EU will mark the end of them having to obey the law, pay their bills and all of the other things they don't like.
My understanding of the sov's belief is that even while we have been and continue to be in the EU they do not have to obey the law. They have always held that view. I have never seen a sov claim (apart from the individual you have quoted) the law must be obeyed up until the point the UK leaves the EU. You have quoted one person and then attributed that one person's opinion upon all sovs....... a blanket statement if ever I saw one.
AFAIAA they (the sovs) have never claimed their position holds true only on the condition that Brexit is implemented.
Sovs might very well support a non deal Brexit......but their support might be due to legitimate reasons and nothing to do with their sov beliefs. Just because X supports Y does not mean that Y is wrong.
I believe a belief in Y is legitimate. A belief in the legitimacy of Y or a belief in Y does not make anyone a sov.
BHF wrote:
longdog

Post by longdog »

Oh for Christ sake change the record.

Yes, yes... We all get it... You have never grouped all sov cits, FMOTL, lawful rebels or anybody else into a group for rhetorical purposes and you've never mocked anybody for their beliefs no matter how crackpot they are.

The only reason you are on Quatloos is to remind us that they (Sorry... There goes that word again) are all individuals and we have to respect all of their beliefs and defend to the death their right to hold them entirely free of any mockery or criticism.

Nobody likes a martyr Rump... Least of all one who brings his own cross and nails.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Folks, please just stop. There is nothing to be gained from this exchange. Let it go.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Don't make me come over there!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Gregg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:00 pm Don't make me come over there!
It's almost juvenile. But, on happier notes, have you recovered from your lashes? :beatinghorse: