Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

longdog wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:41 pm Oh for Christ sake change the record.
Thank you for your advice but I won't.
Yes, yes... We all get it... You have never grouped all sov cits, FMOTL, lawful rebels or anybody else into a group for rhetorical purposes and you've never mocked anybody for their beliefs no matter how crackpot they are.
That is correct. For instance, Neelu. I choose not to partake in attacking her because I recognise that she has issues.
Identity politics is not my bag. The act of putting all sovs into one pigeon hole is (imo) an ignorant position to take.
The only reason you are on Quatloos is to remind us that they (Sorry... There goes that word again) are all individuals and we have to respect all of their beliefs and defend to the death their right to hold them entirely free of any mockery or criticism.
Incorrect. I joined Quatloos a long time ago. The only reason I joined Quatloos and the only reason I have remained a member is because of...how can I put it.....an active interest in the position of the law. I am only interested in what is right and what is wrong in law. Having a discussion on points of law is one thing and should be applauded, however I have noticed that the UK section has recently descended into a section that is less interested in law but more interested in taking cheap shots at people who hold opinions that differ from those who are throwing the insults.
Nobody likes a martyr Rump... Least of all one who brings his own cross and nails.
You appear to be under some kind of misguided misapprehension that I care about what other people like or dislike.
I will always voice my opinion without any regard to the opinion of the reader.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
rumpelstilzchen

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Double post.
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Sat May 04, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
rumpelstilzchen

Gregg wrote:
Don't make me come over there
Feel free. Sometimes standing up for what you believe in has repercussions. Give me your worst.
BHF wrote:
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:52 pm For instance, Neelu. I choose not to partake in attacking her because I recognise that she has issues.
I, on the other hand, choose to attack her because she has issues. :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Well she's assured the world in general that she's not mentally ill so we really ought to take her word for it.

Not mentally ill just delusional and thoroughly unpleasant to anybody who dares contradict her or tell her to mind her own damn business.

Fair game in my book.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:54 pm
X supports Y. X is mad. Conclusion: Y is mad.
Nicely put. I too have found such bad conclusions very aggravating, but I have failed to come up with such a succinct rebuff. Thank you.
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:49 pm I, on the other hand, choose to attack her because she has issues. :snicker:
Good insertion of a slightly more light hearted view...
but on that matter, although I don't remember attacking her myself, I do feel it's open season on her because she's such a menace to society.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Mike_p wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:40 pm
Nicely put. I too have found such bad conclusions very aggravating, but I have failed to come up with such a succinct rebuff. Thank you.
I look at more like this... X supports belief Y for reason Z

Belief Y is not in mad.

Reason Z however is mad

X's belief that reason Z is anything other than mad is fair game.

Example...

The High Temple of The Mighty Zorg believes that we must elect a Labour government because if we don't then then the extra-terrestrial armies of The Mighty Zorg will destroy the world with anti-matter bombs.

Believing we should elect a labour government is not mad. Believing we should do it on pain of being destroyed by The Mighty Zorg is mad.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

longdog wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:19 pm
Mike_p wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:40 pm
I look at more like this... X supports belief Y for reason Z

Belief Y is not in mad.

Reason Z however is mad

X's belief that reason Z is anything other than mad is fair game.

Example...

The High Temple of The Mighty Zorg believes that we must elect a Labour government because if we don't then then the extra-terrestrial armies of The Mighty Zorg will destroy the world with anti-matter bombs.

Believing we should elect a labour government is not mad. Believing we should do it on pain of being destroyed by The Mighty Zorg is mad.
You what?
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

longdog wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:06 pm
SteveUK wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:32 pm Now, back to business. What the hell has happened to Rekha, its been total silence??
She does seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

We should call it her 'Rekxit' :mrgreen:
Rekha tends to keep a low profile while on bail, her trial adjourned from December is currently scheduled for May the Sixteenth unless she or one of her pet monkeys pull another sickie.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

And all over a rather bad Brexit joke. I'm really sorry. Think they'll let me back on the island?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Look, I don't mock the main targets of our ire because I disagree with them, which I do. I don't laugh at them because they're mentally ill, because some notable exceptions aside, I don't think most of them are legally impaired and the ones you can make a credible argument in favor of being too sick to understand are just terrible people by my standards. (so am I, get over it)

I, personally, have a quiet chuckle among friends about their antics because all that taken as written, they tend to be madder than a box of frogs on LSD. It doesn't garner much sympathy from me either that the prime motivation for many of them seems to be to avoid paying their bills. Not the grocery bill because they can't afford to eat, not the rent because they can't afford shelter, but bloody all of them because ....reasons. They're just too good to be asked to fulfill their responsibilities. And they won't shut up about it. Its one thing to quietly avoid paying the American Express bill and getting away with it for a while because you fled the country with no forwarding address. Its another to start a YouTube channel to brag about it, monetize it, charge other people money to learn how to do it themselves, and give them advice that will surely make their situation worse than you found them. In short, these people are assholes, and for the record so are the flat earthers. More importantly both of them are objectively WRONG on the facts, which is why I don't feel too bad about it.

I have read that some ancient Jewish custom held that farmers could not object to a man who took enough from his crop to alleviate genuine needs. I agree with that sentiment. The more modern custom that calls for banks to just forgive a mortgage you signed and accepted because you don't want to pay it back is a lot harder to swallow.

Okay, rant off. As always, or as sometimes because sometimes what I say does, these views do not necessarily express the official position of the management or owners of the forum. This is just me. And I'm most of the time just having a whimsy.

Offer valid only in the UK, unless you Brexit, in which case offer is not valid in the UK bit is valid anywhere else that is an island reigned over by a Queen who has served a minimum of 60 years as Sovereign. All taxes, duties, excises and fees are the liability of the user unless the user is a tax exempt legal fiction non-resident American National born in Slovenia on a Tuesday under the second full moon of the month of their birth, which cannot contain an "R" in its name. The month, the user can have as many "R"s as they feel they need, provided they supply their own. All winners must provide Name and Image for promotional use, unless they are plug ugly or have gap teeth, in which case we don't want your image. Notice to Agent is Notice to Principal, Notice to Principal is Notice to Agent, Notice to Vacate requires 2 Weeks Notice but cannot be given until premises are vacated. God Bless The Queen AmericaThe Broken Road. Blessing does not apply to Atheists, Anarchists or Attorneys but if they sneeze we say it anyway to be polite. If you are standing on one foot, please press 9 now.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Wait, the earth isn't flat?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Turtles... All the way down.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

SteveUK wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:00 pm Don't make me come over there!
It's almost juvenile. But, on happier notes, have you recovered from your lashes? :beatinghorse:
Gregg's lashes are still healing, that's why he wears those shades.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

I can't find 9 and I'm losing my balance. Help!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

NYGman wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 am Wait, the earth isn't flat?
Actually, I've read that, in the field of optics, any surface whose curvature has a radius of more than 50 miles is considered optically flat.

Since the earth has a radius of approximately 4,000 miles, it follows that the earth is, indeed, flat!
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is that an Alternative Fact?
longdog

Post by longdog »

I can well believe it's true but as the biggest single optical mirror is less than 10m across and the largest precision lens about 10% of that (thanks Wikipedia) it's a case of using an inappropriate measurement scale. But a pub-conversation factoid worth remembering none the less.

Back when I was still young and pretty and fresh out of school my first real job was on a building site and I turned out to have a natural talent with a theodolite and a level. The first and most important bit of advice I got before being left to get on with setting out the site was "Remember... The earth ain't fucking flat!". At distances under about 50m the curvature of the earth can almost always be ignored. At 100m errors are becoming noticeable and over a 500m long road it's obvious to the naked eye if you've not taken the earth's curvature into account and moved station sufficiently.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:17 pm I can well believe it's true but as the biggest single optical mirror is less than 10m across and the largest precision lens about 10% of that (thanks Wikipedia) it's a case of using an inappropriate measurement scale. But a pub-conversation factoid worth remembering none the less.

Back when I was still young and pretty and fresh out of school my first real job was on a building site and I turned out to have a natural talent with a theodolite and a level. The first and most important bit of advice I got before being left to get on with setting out the site was "Remember... The earth ain't fucking flat!". At distances under about 50m the curvature of the earth can almost always be ignored. At 100m errors are becoming noticeable and over a 500m long road it's obvious to the naked eye if you've not taken the earth's curvature into account and moved station sufficiently.
I work in several buildings that are more than a mile long, I believe it. We measure everything with laser scanners now.