Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by longdog »

Wait until the takeover and the 14th Armoured Wolfhound (Irish) Regiment are keeping order.

"Skuse me fren. You dun seem to hav reeturned to yor homeses in an peesful manner. Wud you lik to go peasfully or are you planning an bamboozel? Am orferrized to do you an vylent!"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:28 pm Few people realize that the Illuminati has such powerful Canine Military Forces. Wait until they find out about the 33" Degree Ankle Biters Scout Brigade.
They wouldn’t need dogs. My cat on catnip would be an army in itself.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:50 pm Wait until the takeover and the 14th Armoured Wolfhound (Irish) Regiment are keeping order.

"Skuse me fren. You dun seem to hav reeturned to yor homeses in an peesful manner. Wud you lik to go peasfully or are you planning an bamboozel? Am orferrized to do you an vylent!"
I'd be able to understand that accent if I was drunk. :haha:

ETA, I found a way to get it sober. I made my mind picture Roy from The IT Crowd saying it.

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Oh dear...

JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Fail

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

It took me as long as it takes type 'go fund me rules' into Google to find these non-existent terms and conditions one of which is 'no crypto-currencies'
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

He's been kicked off GoFundMe? When did he start one. Last I'd heard from him was:
At this stage I don’t feel the need to crowd fund this. I am in negotiations to fund this from the security instruments.
I guess those pesky blockchain developers demanded cold hard cash. Bastards! :snicker:

And he's not looked that hard if he can't find out what terms and conditions he's breached. I'd suggest these two for starters.
3. content or campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate, dishonest, or impossible;

6. annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or similar transactions, money service businesses (including currency exchanges, check cashing or the like), pyramid schemes, “get rich quick schemes” (i.e., Investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards), network marketing and referral marketing programs, debt collection or crypto-currencies;
Last edited by AnOwlCalledSage on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

It was always going to be a struggle. I mean, creating your own crypto currency when you hardly use Windows 98.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

SteveUK wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:02 am It was always going to be a struggle. I mean, creating your own crypto currency when you hardly use barely understandWindows 98.
  • FIFU

I would now add illiterate to the grand scope of his incompetence, since one, if one were literate or even marginally so, would/could reasonably assume that "Conditions of Use" would be included with the major grouping of "Terms and Conditions, but not our Baron Boring apparently. Wonder who turned him in?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

longdog wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:43 am Oh dear...

There'll be a dump alright.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Please tell me David Ward did not actually raise £25,000 in donations to build a cryptocurrency backed by commercial liens he himself plans to file against people. My sanity may depend on it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 pm Please tell me David Ward did not actually raise £25,000 in donations to build a cryptocurrency backed by commercial liens he himself plans to file against people. My sanity may depend on it.
He raised bugger all. But, and you may wish to sit down, that is exactly his plan. Also with £25m 'worth' of REs to help it along.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

This is the reduction to absurdity of crypto-currencies, so stupid it has an inner brilliance. It glows with dark light and negative energy. All hail the master!!!
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

SteveUK wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 pm He raised bugger all. But, and you may wish to sit down, that is exactly his plan. Also with £25m 'worth' of REs to help it along.
Oh, I'm sure that's his plan. I can live with something that stupid existing in just one person's head. But the idea that another human being heard this plan, thought it was a good idea, and donated actual money to it is too much for me to bear. Even by the gullible standards of the GOODF crowd.

I can't even get past the obstacle of Ward having to write the sales pitch, or tell the developers what he wants. I don't think he can even explain what a cryptocurrency is, much less how his is supposed to work.

But maybe he's soliciting money from only his friends. First, this requires him to still have friends, when he blocks anyone who offends him in the tiniest way. Second, it requires those people - people who have stayed on David Ward's good side and take his ideas seriously - to have actual money. Third, they have to have some way of conveying that money electronically, such as a bank account or credit card. Or, undertake the significant effort and costs to send money via wire transfer or some other means.

How did David even set up a GoFundMe without a bank account? Hell, without a fixed mailing address, how did he even make a user account?

That's only six impossible things, but that's enough for me to have lunch at Milliways if they're somehow all true.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Baron Boring has always been great on the whole grand plan thing, but his detail and execution has been consistently sub par and deficient if not down ight comedic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

He was hoping that if everybody on his Facebook page donated £30 he'd be sorted. Not only is that three days benefits for most of his followers he doesn't understand that the numbers 'following' you on Facebook are utterly meaningless. I'm guessing most of the people who read his crap do it for the entertainment value and the actual number of acolytes would struggle to get into two figures.

The last time I looked he had received two 'donations'. One of £100, which was probably him priming the pump, and one of £30. So only £29,870 short of target.

Perhaps he should scale it down a bit and create an analogue crypto-currency where the block-chain is coordinated by post and some trained chinchillas with abacuses.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm This is the reduction to absurdity of crypto-currencies, so stupid it has an inner brilliance. It glows with dark light and negative energy. All hail the master!!!
It's not just the FOTLer fools. I was at my sister's birthday party. She's a meedja type and well connected in the world of advertising. As are her friends. Had to listen to how they were going make millions with blockchain. I let them prattle on for half an hour until I dropped "you don't actually know what blockchain is do you?" You can always trust a computer scientist to spoil a party :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:48 am It's not just the FOTLer fools. I was at my sister's birthday party. She's a meedja type and well connected in the world of advertising. As are her friends. Had to listen to how they were going make millions with blockchain. I let them prattle on for half an hour until I dropped "you don't actually know what blockchain is do you?" You can always trust a computer scientist to spoil a party :snocker:
I'm sure I've gotten a half-dozen E-mails on how to make money with blockchain. Perhaps I'm on your sister's "lead" list? :thinking:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

longdog wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am The last time I looked he had received two 'donations'. One of £100, which was probably him priming the pump, and one of £30. So only £29,870 short of target.
That's a relief. Though now that I think of it, if Ward was out £25,000, he'd be a lot more angry.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The footlers have all moved over to BDWs 'security by way of a lien' page to regroup. And there's lots of bonkers ideas. From setting up a trust to hiring actual developers.

However, in one of his long rants, the Baron let's something slip....

Enjoy the shelf stacking!! 1!! :mrgreen: