Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am
I haven't watched the video, once I saw it was over an hour long. But I notice that although the video is introduced as "Taking back a house that was illegally taken by the Dorset police", one of the comments from the former owner suggests that it hasn't in fact been taken back .. " i offered to pay in full now theres 2 moslims living in our old house now"
Good decision. I flicked through it, some highlights

O'Bonkers telling the security it's all fraud, come & watch TGBMS at the Odeon tonight.
Somebody peacefully smashing the side gate open with a hammer.
A elderly & clearly scared neighbour being comforted by O'Bonkers after the gate smashing.
Liz Watson phoning the firm that boarded up the house, telling them that she works with every police force in the south of England & to remove the shutters within 20 minutes, by the way there's a film on at the Odeon tonight.

Then the Dorset 5-0 turn up & it descends into the usual farce before our cameraman gives up & stops streaming when he realises the house won't be retaken today.

On further viewing I suspect O'Bonkers has hired the camera guy himself. I'm there a people out there who offer their camera services to youtubers with enough good content to afford it. One such example is a guy called Thomas Nagy, a spark in London who used to film himself with a GoPro, now uses a cameraman.

Main differences between him & O'Bonkers being - his content is interesting, & he has enough views & ad/Patreon revenue to pay the camera guy.

At one point you hear lots of "Now that's a camera" comments from the suspects holding up smartphones.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I have watched the whole thing, and that was a waste of time. At one point the lad filming is asked by a police officer if he saw who broke the gate, to which he lies, "no", a little later in the video he smugly chortles, I did see who broke the gate, it's all on film, (and which is now available to the police if they are interested.)
I do not understand the significance of "Don't fillum David". David who and why, I wonder.
Rather disappointed by the lack of pitch forks and flaming torches, there was mention of the security guards being Romanian, so they could have been Vampires. It is significant that they did not come out into the sunlight, I'd say that was enough proof that they were vampires.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

hucknallred wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 amI'm there a people out there who offer their camera services to youtubers with enough good content to afford it.
Leaving aside the "good content", imagine someone getting the contract to film Neelu's material. That would be almost a full time job. And probably a more deserving use for her two hundred grand.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Oh... The horror... Oh the humanity!!!

Imagine not only having your house taken off you because you didn't want to pay for it but having the house occupied by two 'moslims' who are prepared to actually pay to live there.

I really don't know what this country's coming to these days... You can't even call people darkies, Paddies or pooftas any more... And have you seen the price of a cup of tea these days? Over thirty shillings... I remember when you could get a cream tea in Lyon's Corner House for three and six.

<sound of scuffling>

NURSE! THE THORAZINE! NOW!
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Seems like it was the neighbour's gate that the mob broke. Not that said neighbour gets any sympathy ..
Kerry Thompson Wow so their worried about the neighbours gate but amazingly are blind to the owners possessions chucked out of the house in a big pile in the garden. This stinks, poor people, probably all their precious photos and memorabilia buried in that pile!
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I think it was the gate of the relevant house, but doing so renders the neighbour's gate useless as anyone can simply walk around it via the broken gate.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

He Who Knows wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 am All the usual suspects are there; Liz Watson, both Mr and Mrs Tom Crawford, O'Bonkers, Crabbie, Roland is filming
Good for the Crawfords especially. Staying active and having hobbies is the key to longevity after retirement.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

aesmith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am I haven't watched the video, once I saw it was over an hour long. But I notice that although the video is introduced as "Taking back a house that was illegally taken by the Dorset police", one of the comments from the former owner suggests that it hasn't in fact been taken back .. " i offered to pay in full now theres 2 moslims living in our old house now"
I'm guessing that "offered to pay in full" means a bogus promissary note. Unlike the moslems, who used money.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Confirmation from M of B himself that his video "Taking back a house that was illegally taken by the Dorset police" does not in fact show it being taken back. It shows it not being taken back.
The following day, the same group of determined and passionate people attempted to peacefully restore an unlawfully evicted Dorset woman to her property, under common law.

When the police inevitably turned up in force just in time to prevent this, they initially refused to listen to what everybody had to say. However, an hour later, six of them, including the sergeant, asked where they could see The Great British Mortgage Swindle.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Six police officers asked where they could see TGBMS?

I’ll take shit that didn’t happen for £5000.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm Six police officers asked where they could see TGBMS?

Oh, I don't know. A crowd of malcontents turn up to create a breach of the peace and obstruct officers in the pursuit of their duty, all claiming it's because they've seem a film. Sounds to me like the Sarge is lining up "Exhibit A". :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm Six police officers asked where they could see TGBMS?

Oh, I don't know. A crowd of malcontents turn up to create a breach of the peace and obstruct officers in the pursuit of their duty, all claiming it's because they've seem a film. Sounds to me like the Sarge is lining up "Exhibit A". :snicker:
exactly. that and to know what to expect from now on.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

However, an hour later, six of them, including the sergeant, asked where they could see The Great British Mortgage Swindle.
Unfortunately, only two other people bought tickets, so that wasn't enough to have the screening.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm
He Who Knows wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 am All the usual suspects are there; Liz Watson, both Mr and Mrs Tom Crawford, O'Bonkers, Crabbie, Roland is filming
Good for the Crawfords especially. Staying active and having hobbies is the key to longevity after retirement.
And people criticize my boozing. The 1,349 British pubs I've patronized and my bi-weekly Vancouver pub crawls are the key to my long life and good health after retiring.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

1300 British pubs? Bi-weekly pub crawls? Would you like help with your alcohol problem?

My (now former because I have no confidence in her) psychiatrist is absolutely obsessed with the idea that my twice weekly trips to the pubs for three to five pints per visit constitute a serious alcohol problem which needs to be addressed. She even wrote to my GP who summoned me to an appointment to offer therapy and treatment.

GP: "Dr [redacted] tells me you have an alcohol problem and you'd like some help".

Me: "I'm sorry... Run that by me again..."

GP: "You don't have an alcohol problem?"

Me: "No... Not even close".

GP: "How much do you drink?"

Me: "About ten pints per week".

GP: "Tell your doctor pints or real pints?"

Me: "Real pints".

GP: "So you don't need help then?"

Me: "I'm a 54 year old working class Englishman who goes to the pub with his mates twice a week. Does that answer the question?"

GP: "Perfectly... Anything I can do for you while you're here?"

Me: "Write back to Dr [redacted] and tell her she's an idiot?"

GP: "Noted".
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Would you like help with your alcohol problem?
Thank you, but no. The first step to recovery is recognizing that you have a problem and I'm not quite there yet. I'm just starting out in my career of imbibing alcoholic beverages having had my first drink just a while back in 1969 (an entire bottle of scotch in one night, a very hard way to start and which turned me to beer). I only turned 70 a few months ago so maybe in another decade or two. In any case I can't see you as having enough experience to be a guide;
twice weekly trips to the pubs for three to five pints per visit
Sorry but I can't relate to the experiences of social drinking amateurs.

The number is actually disappointing. My list was approaching 1,500 pubs but I recently did a ruthless purge of the various hotel bars, restaurants, night spots, and other assorted non-pub places we've had a beer at and ended up with 1,345 actual real pubs starting with the Golden Gates in Edinburgh on May 5th, 2002 and ending, to date, with the Stag's Head in London on June 4th, 2017. Being an accountant I have it all down chronologically in an Excel file. This does not count numerous repeat visits to our favorites or the many pubs I've done alone. When I say "our favorites" I refer to my alcoholic companion, a friend I've known for over 50 years who has shared a beer with me in all 1,345 pubs and, on a few occasions, with fellow Quatloosians. He and I are off on a three day pub crawl next week to the Freemont district in Seattle which is home to a huge amount of small breweries. But I was boozing in Britain well before he joined me and I've made many trips without him. As an example last year, on a non-beer trip to Britain with my art-loving, non-drinking wife, I had (amongst many other fine establishments) an ale at the White Horse, a CAMRA approved historic pub in your home town. That's why my friend and I will be back in Hull on our next trip. He hasn't been to the White Horse.

The Golden Gates was not a propitious start to our venture. The worst shithole of all the pubs we've been to (although the Quarter Gill in Glasgow was a very worthy contender). The Golden Gates stunk of piss even in the drinking area and the reek in the men's rivaled that of the Nelson Lancashire bus station. Literally made my eyes water. After all my boasting about British beer my friend, who'd never been to Britain before that trip, said that his beer was fucking awful. I took a sip and agreed it was crap beer but was fine for what it was given that he'd ordered Strongbow, a cider. Being used to ice-cold effervescent Canadian shit it took him a while to appreciate the virtues of warm, flat, low alcohol (by Canadian standards) ale. But once CAMRA was successful in getting cask ale as a standard on tap almost everywhere he's become as fanatical about British brews as I am.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 amThe Golden Gates was not a propitious start to our venture. The worst shithole of all the pubs we've been to (although the Quarter Gill in Glasgow was a very worthy contender).
Sadly closed with me having visited, or even being aware of it .. Peep Peeps in Aberdeen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_guDN7IZ0U
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 am I had (amongst many other fine establishments) an ale at the White Horse, a CAMRA approved historic pub in your home town. That's why my friend and I will be back in Hull on our next trip. He hasn't been to the White Horse.
I suspect you mean Ye Olde White Harte, the pub up the alley where they plotted Hull's response to The English Civil War, or they would've done were it not for the fact the pub's not quite that olde. There's also another White Hart, only not so Ye or so Olde, just around the corner which has been resurrected recently, for the umpteenth time, and does a very passable pint.

The White Horse, a.k.a "Nellies" is in Beverley oop t'rurd.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

My mistake, I meant White Hart, the second one.
There's also another White Hart, only not so Ye or so Olde, just around the corner which has been resurrected recently, for the umpteenth time, and does a very passable pint.
The "resurrected recently" White Hart has one of the very few ceramic bars left in the UK. CAMRA loves them and I'm an avid follower of CAMRA recommendations. Since the White Hart has been closed on all of my past Hull trips I took advantage of it's recent and probably short-term reopening to visit it. I had a second pint at the Punch, great exterior, worn out boozer interior, but my great-aunt Florrie worked behind the bar there for almost 40 years and it is close to the Hull Art Gallery where, for some inexplicable reason, my wife chose to spend her time rather than swilling beer at a pub. But she's happy to park me in a pub if it means she can explore a town without me.

I have yet to visit the White Horse in Beverly or the Polar Bear in Hull. Both strong CAMRA recommendations.

longdog

Post by longdog »

The White Horse is a rabbit warren. Take some thread with you to reel out when you go to the bar or you'll lose whoever you were with.

The Polar Bear was one of the two best gay pick-up joints in town until it decided to rebrand itself as a football pub thereby swapping a modest but reliable trade for no trade at all. Another pub that's been up and down like a whore's drawers currently incarnated as a music venue, which seems to at least be viable on the few days of the week it's open. Nice tile bar but terrible beer.

If you do plan on a Polar Bear visit let me know. My watering hole of choice is just 200m away around the corner at PAVE. A somewhat anodyne bar on the surface but a bed of alternative lifestyles and left-wing politics with at least three good guest ales on at any given time. If you see a scruffy, grey haired guy sitting outside ranting about politics and chain-smoking... It's probably me.