Gene's back!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ElfNinosMom

Gene's back!

Post by ElfNinosMom »

This time, he's back to pretending to know more about stocks than Warren Buffett.

http://buffettstudy.blogspot.com/

I get the impression that he has the educational equivalent of Accounting 101 from an unaccredited community college.

As always he does not allow comments, but I'd be interested to know what others think.
Mr. Buffet is reported in the news as wanting to pay more taxes. I applaud him for wanting to pay more taxes. I think people who can make tons of money in the stock market should be happy to cover more of national expenses. After all, this stuff is pretty easy to do. We could replace the current income tax on the labor of working people (slavery) with one on increase from assets, similar to the biblical tithe concept. Of course, it needs to be constitutional.
With ever increasing Marxist enslavement of small businessmen and women to do more and more complex tasks for government, I see excellent growth opportunities for PAYX for many years ahead. The only things that could stand in the way of outstanding growth is bad management coming in or a change in government at the federal level stopping the federal income tax, perhaps a Ron Paul of Mike Huckabee. Complexity in government is the key to PAYX's future success!
My stock broker is sending my concerns up the line to his boss to find out why there are two different current ratio presentations.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

We could replace the current income tax on the labor of working people (slavery) with one on increase from assets, similar to the biblical tithe concept.
Tax capital gains? What a concept. Next week Gene will reinvent the wheel.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I love how he has decided to leave the life of poverty and become wealthy. I didn't know that he had chosen to be poor in order to be president. Now that being a truck driver presidential candidate didn't work out, he's going to become a multi-millionaire investor. That is really hilarious stuff. Do keep us apprised of his ramblings.

By the way, did you ever come out with the frickentard of the year winner?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I get the impression that he has the educational equivalent of Accounting 101
You're overestimating him. Vastly.

As far as PAYX goes, I don't like the look of the chart at all for various reasons I won't bore you with, but the mere fact that Toga-Putz likes it gives me a strong urge to sell it short on top on the urge the chart alone would give me.

Maybe we can recruit him to write an investment advice blog and then fade him.

Big money! Call VonNutHouse! I want my profit paid in silver handcuffs!
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

I loved the line:
gene wrote:After all, this stuff is pretty easy to do.
The mark of a true investor, or, at least, one who's been in the market less than one trading cycle [maybe even less than a week]. I find it difficult to believe he knows much of anything.

Wonder where he raised the money to buy stock?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

ASITStands wrote:I loved the line:
gene wrote:After all, this stuff is pretty easy to do.
The mark of a true investor, or, at least, one who's been in the market less than one trading cycle [maybe even less than a week]. I find it difficult to believe he knows much of anything.

Wonder where he raised the money to buy stock?
When you don't pay your income taxes, you have a lot more discretionary income.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

What wife?

I see this time around he's not claiming that Buffet used to call him for advice.

I suppose when his wealth doesn't start multiplying at a phenominal rate, he's going to say that "they" are preventing his system from working.

In fact, i'm surprised he accepts the accuracy of the listings he's quoting. I would have thought, to be consistant, that he'd claim the government was falsifying hte numbers and only giving the real ones to their lackies.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

his system
Divination rods are great! Really.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Btw, am i the only one who finds that gray on black scheme hard to read?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Imalawman wrote:I love how he has decided to leave the life of poverty and become wealthy. I didn't know that he had chosen to be poor in order to be president. Now that being a truck driver presidential candidate didn't work out, he's going to become a multi-millionaire investor. That is really hilarious stuff. Do keep us apprised of his ramblings.

By the way, did you ever come out with the frickentard of the year winner?
I sure did, but after spending days typing it up, my computer ate it. I was so annoyed at that point that I never did try to recreate it. Last year's winner was Gene, not surprisingly. Maybe I'll try to recreate it now, better late than never.

This year's winner is someone probably not discussed on Quatloos, Lori Drew. I'm in the process of typing it up now.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Since he mentioned that he has an investment guy, he might have a few dollars invested. Of course, with Gene it's hard to tell what's real and what's not.

I hate to say this, because I could be wrong, but Gene said he was getting government grants to go to auto mechanic school. I sure hope he isn't using that grant money to play the stock market rather than attend school. That could get him in a whole heap of trouble.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Under Buying AEO Gene states:
I'm buying more American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) today at 12 times current earnings.
And, under Relative Value he states:
For example, when I began buying Harley Davidson (HOG) a few weeks ago, it was trading at about $46.00 per share.
And:
What this means is that I bought a share of HOG for $30.359 ($76.359 - $46.00 = $30.359) less than I would expect to get for the most stable investment I could make (the 30 year treasury bond).
Unless he's lying, it would appear he's actually buying stocks. That's why I asked, "Where'd he get the money?" And, yes, he must be using money not his, but it's so easy, don't ya know.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

For example, when I began buying Harley Davidson (HOG) a few weeks ago, it was trading at about $46.00 per share.
I would like to buy one share of HOG and maybe one GOOG, no the GOOG is too much, maybe an Enron.
scam a patriot

Post by scam a patriot »

If he gets rich, he can win the heart of Jassica!

Or some 14 year olds.

Gene Gene the scamming machine!

I can't wait for the further adventures.