Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TBL
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by TBL »

Didn't the UK declare residential squatting a criminal offense now?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

TBL wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm Didn't the UK declare residential squatting a criminal offense now?
Yes but does anyone know if the owners have made a complaint along those lines? They could have but then the plod could have gone round and got no response for instance. The owners might also be waiting for things to be sorted out before taking action to get possession back. From their point of view they might consider they have free security on the place.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 pm
TBL wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm Didn't the UK declare residential squatting a criminal offense now?
Yes but does anyone know if the owners have made a complaint along those lines? They could have but then the plod could have gone round and got no response for instance. The owners might also be waiting for things to be sorted out before taking action to get possession back. From their point of view they might consider they have free security on the place.
As far as I can see he’s ‘only’ been charged with affray.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Would it actually count as squatting in his case, as if I remember correctly this was the first time he was evicted. Unlike say Rehka Patel who was evicted and then broke back in.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

aesmith wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:51 am Would it actually count as squatting in his case, as if I remember correctly this was the first time he was evicted. Unlike say Rehka Patel who was evicted and then broke back in.
I wondered this. Under a strict definition he is squatting as residential is a type of property not dependent on the owner, i.e. a landlord whilst operating commercially would still own residential properties.

However, before you can be criminally charged, I think you have to have been served an Interim Possession Order which has to be sought within 28 days of the squatting coming to your notice, so I suspect we are still somewhere on the civil path to repossession and they are waiting out the result of this case.

Meanwhile in Court 7... we're off!
T20190126 ROBERT ARTHUR WHITE For Trial - Case Started 10:36
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

With him being in court as I type & his few followers no doubt there supporting him, it would be an ideal time to chuck out whoever is in there & board it up again.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

No last minute case abandonment by CPS or disclosure wrecking proceedings:

Jury sworn in 11:53
Prosecution Opening 12:23.

So properly off and running now.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

exiledscouser wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:45 am No last minute case abandonment by CPS or disclosure wrecking proceedings:

Jury sworn in 11:53
Prosecution Opening 12:23.

So properly off and running now.
He'll no doubt be spouting off about proceedings later on. Can he get in bother for doing that with it being his own case?
AnOwlCalledSage

hucknallred wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:45 pm He'll no doubt be spouting off about proceedings later on. Can he get in bother for doing that with it being his own case?
Unlikely... unless he reveals documents that form part of the evidence that he will (by the nature of defending himself) have access to but have not yet been read out or presented in open court.

Update:
Legal Submissions 27/08/2019 14:45
Ooh. I think this is shorthand for he's trying his FOTLer nonsense and the jury have been sent out!

Update:
Probably spoke too soon. It's a little early for adjourning until tomorrow (I'm assuming that date is a mistake and the court doesn't have an midnight session!) so there's probably some shenanigans going on.
Case adjourned until 10:30 27/08/2019
Update:
This is a new one on me!
Trial Ineffective 27/08/2019 15:24
A quick look up on The Law Pages has this:
It's a case where it has been identified that the counsel of the defendant has proved ineffective in defending the client.
Would prefer a reading from a professional rather than an interested amateur like myself!
Last edited by AnOwlCalledSage on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Ineffective Trial - on the trial date, the trial does not go ahead due to action or inaction by one or more of the prosecution, the defence or the court and a further listing for trial is required.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Ineffective Trial
So in other words, Victory for Crabby, in his world, any adjournment without a finding against is a victory isn't it? The Misses would have been so proud.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TBL

Post by TBL »

Sounds to me like the court decided he wasn't capable of providing his own defense. Can they foist a lawyer on him unwillingly?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Update from Crabbie a few minutes ago.

Robert White 27/08/2019 17:01 (8 mins)
Eviction/trial update.

I was going to do video update but on second thoughts probably best to wait until the trial finishes. Can’t really say too much about today but briefly it was a comedy show, back again at 10.30 tomorrow. The judge had to keep apologising to myself and the jury for the incompetence from the cps. You had to see it to beli
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

mufc1959 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm Update from Crabbie a few minutes ago.

Robert White 27/08/2019 17:01 (8 mins)
Eviction/trial update.

I was going to do video update but on second thoughts probably best to wait until the trial finishes. Can’t really say too much about today but briefly it was a comedy show, back again at 10.30 tomorrow. The judge had to keep apologising to myself and the jury for the incompetence from the cps. You had to see it to beli
Willing to punt that if the CPS were that woeful the judge would have just kicked the whole case.

Something has happened requiring the jury to be discharged. We might never know the truth as the only reporting seems to be from the pen of the Crab.

But it’s round 2 tomorrow!
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Something has happened requiring the jury to be discharged
Where does it say the jury has been discharged?

An ineffective trial is one where the trial doesn't go ahead due to action or inaction by one or more of the prosecution, the defence or the court and a further listing for trial is required.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Would a finding that the defendant wasn't competent to conduct his own case count as an ineffective trial?

I believe there's some rule that says a person conducting their own defence has to actually understand what's going on and while I'm pretty sure that would exclude the medically mad , the senile and the intellectually challenged I'm not sure if it applies to somebody who has, or appears to have, ideas about the law that are completely divorced from reality?

Just speculation obviously but by his public FB posts he either doesn't understand what's going on or understands but is pretending he doesn't. Could the judge have ruled he can't conduct his own defence and a duty solicitor is going to be imposed on him?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Is it possible that Crabby doesn't realize this trial isn't about ownership of the house (or is acting in a way that suggests he doesn't)? Could that be the cause of the ineffective trial?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Looking back at those times I'm going to speculate again...

That was roughly three hours into the case which makes me doubt there was any serious irregularity on the part of the CPS.

Three hours would seem long enough for the prosecution to question the one or two witnesses I assume were present. The cops.

This isn't really a complex case where anything needs to be argued beyond did the events happen.

My guess... Bobbity has cross examined the witnesses in his own inimitable style and the judge has called a halt on the grounds he's not effective in his own defence.

That would explain the "ineffective" bit and why it seems to have happened so far into proceedings.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'm suspecting one or both sides will get told at 10:30 tomorrow that this will be re-arranged and that they better be completely ready for the next time, no excuses.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

I'm cognoscent that this is all speculation, but, as has been said, the grounds for chucking out an incompetent CPS case would have been at the start, and given there will be a new trial date without mention of a mistrial, my suspicion is that either he went off full FOTLer to the jury or he posited his nullification theory in open court.