Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 pm Is that anything like a stern warning or a serious warning, or a I really can't communicate in comprehensible English warning???? Considering the source it doesn't really matter when it comes right down to it.
When he said "stark warning", he meant to say "starkers" warning. Fail to heed it and the next thing he sends is a nude selfie.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

grixit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 pm Is that anything like a stern warning or a serious warning, or a I really can't communicate in comprehensible English warning???? Considering the source it doesn't really matter when it comes right down to it.
When he said "stark warning", he meant to say "starkers" warning. Fail to heed it and the next thing he sends is a nude selfie.
Now that would be cruel and unusual punishment. Oh, wait, UK, so no such constitutional protection.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

It DOES work, I see it now. So me, Chili Dog & Root Beer are on our way over, and we're going to buy every house for sale in the entire UK, then we're gonna ***majik poof*** the debts away, and we'll soon own the whole island!

We will then rename it Kingdom of Underwear Gnomes", teach someone there how to cook, get Liz Hurley to move in, and live happily ever after!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

grixit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 pm When he said "stark warning", he meant to say "starkers" warning. Fail to heed it and the next thing he sends is a nude selfie.
No he gradually wears you down. He keeps sending pictures where each has one less item of clothing on than the previous one. As notorial dissent pointed out, no cruel and unusual protection in the UK.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by John Uskglass »

Given the previous references to what we might call signature fetishism in this thread, it seems a reasonable place to leave this, which may be of some interest.

It's a recent Law Commission report on electronic execution of documents. I can't pretend to have read it all, or fully understood the parts I've read, as it is lengthy and esoteric for non-lawyers but it certainly shows that the response to anyone who thinks things can't be 'legal' without a wet ink signature is 'I think you'll find its a bit more complicated than that'.

https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/lawc ... Report.pdf

For example -
(5) The Courts have, for example, held that the following non-electronic forms
amount to valid signatures:
(a) signing with an ‘X’;
(b) signing with initials only;
(c) using a stamp of a handwritten signature;
(d) printing of a name;
(e) signing with a mark, even where the party executing the mark can write;
(f) a description of the signatory if sufficiently unambiguous, such as “Your
loving mother” or “Servant to Mr Sperling”.
(edited to add link!!)
Last edited by John Uskglass on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:43 am Given the previous references to what we might call signature fetishism in this thread, it seems a reasonable place to leave this, which may be of some interest.
It was a long time ago (but it was someone in the legal profession) I was told that a signature was merely a affirmative mark that only had to answer the question "Did you sign that?" Its precise form was immaterial, if all agreed you had indeed made that mark.

I think that list proves that he was correct.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

In § 3-401 of the Uniform Commercial Code (which, contrary to many FOTL's superstitions, is U.S. and not U.K. law), a signature is defined as follows: "(b) A signature may be made (i) manually or by means of a device or machine, and (ii) by the use of any name, including a trade or assumed name, or by a word, mark, or symbol executed or adopted by a person with present intention to authenticate a writing."
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Has anybody had any of this Humble pie as of yet?

An article from 2004 proclaims (written by himself, unsurprisingly) that he is the “Director who knew too much”.

https://www.thebernician.net/the-direct ... hronicles/

Well I guess put my bowl and spoon away.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

From the article -
I stand to make millions from the quality films I’m producing; and I live with my beautiful finance in an Amsterdam canal apartment with a corner balcony.
Paging Dr Freud...
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

JimUk1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 am Has anybody had any of this Humble pie as of yet?

An article from 2004 proclaims (written by himself, unsurprisingly) that he is the “Director who knew too much”.

https://www.thebernician.net/the-direct ... hronicles/

Well I guess put my bowl and spoon away.
So he claims to have written the Good Cop film (and co produced it), which was critically acclaimed at the Cannes film festival in 2004 taking over £1 million in 2 weeks

Shame the facts get in the way yet again

The Good Cop attracts great cast

Danish stuntman-turned-filmmaker Lasse Spang Olsen and actor Kim Bodnia have joined forces to set up their own production outfit, Endaxi Film, to make the action comedy The Good Cop.

This is a continuation of the working relationship they have had on three films, the two successful action-comedies In China They Eat Dogs (1999) and Old Men In New Cars (2002) as well as the pirate family adventure Jolly Roger (2001).

Written by the duo, the low-budget $1.6m (DKR10.2m) film will be shot without support from the Danish Film Institute, but with private investment and support from distributor Sandrew Metronome. It will be produced by newcomer Nina Lyng in collaboration with ASA Film veteran Henrik Moeller-Soerensen, who acts as executive producer.

Bodnia will play the lead as a middle-aged police officer working the streets of Copenhagen his own way. He tries to protect the smalltime crooks he surrounds himself with, but one day a failed heist puts all of them in bigger trouble than they can handle.

The film has attracted an impressive cast of some of the most sought after local talents including Iben Hjejle, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Nicolas Bro, Robert Hansen, Line Kruse, Thomas Bo Larsen and Rikke Louise Andersson as well as the award-winning veteran Jens Okking and Rene Dif from the Danish pop-sensation Aqua in his acting debut.

The Good Cop shoots on location in Copenhagen from Oct 20 until Nov 28, and distributor Sandrew Metronome aims for an April 2004 release.

https://www.screendaily.com/the-good-co ... 64.article

No mention of him or his film company whatsoever :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I particularly enjoyed the part where Jack Black was annoyed he didn’t receive Michael’s script.

Cool story, Mike.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

After reading more closely, I'm struck by the fact that, despite all that's happened, MoB is still boasting about his contact with Harvey Weinstein in, shall we say, unfortunate terms.
Near the end of the night, Harvey, who spent most of the party avoiding high class call girls, who shamelessly threw themselves at him, walked directly over to where we were standing in the hotel garden.
He shook me by the hand, never having met me before and already knowing who I was.
Still, I guess if you're a peddler of anti-Semitic memes, why not throw in boasts about meeting an alleged sex offender?

On a lighter note, MoB also manages to bring the 'Greta Garbo' meme to life.
I turned to walk in the direction of the bathroom, when I noticed that Uma Thurman was staring right at me across the crowded room. She honestly looked like her face was carved out of porcelain.
And that's before we get to the pièce de résistance, where our hero meets one of the Secret Rulers of the World...
longdog

Post by longdog »

I was just on the phone to Scarlett Johansson just now telling her it was definitely over between me and her no matter how much she begged (she didn't like me sharing a bed with Johnny Depp). She was at that party... O'Bonkers is lying.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 pm And that's before we get to the pièce de résistance, where our hero meets one of the Secret Rulers of the World...
Ooh ooh! (Puts hands up) Was it George Soros?

Narrator's voice: It wasn't George Soros.

To be honest, I've met a lot of people like him. One of my sisters works in the film industry. The number of trust fund babies with no need to work, too much time on their hands, and no discernible intelligence proliferates the industry.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wow. We should start calling this guy Michael of Golgafrincham.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

What do you know.. his IMDB entry has him as producer of a couple of real films, including the aforementioned one.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0392049/?ref_=adv_li_tt
Doesn't show him as a writer, but the production company is there.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

longdog wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:08 pm I was just on the phone to Scarlett Johansson just now telling her it was definitely over between me and her no matter how much she begged (she didn't like me sharing a bed with Johnny Depp). She was at that party... O'Bonkers is lying.
Nah, she was just being unobservant of the peasantry. I have it direct from Sean Connery that MOB was temping as a cater waiter and got rather vigorously fired after mixing up a soup order.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Near the end of the night, Harvey, who spent most of the party avoiding high class call girls, who shamelessly threw themselves at him, walked directly over to where we were standing in the hotel garden.
He shook me by the hand, never having met me before and already knowing who I was.
Ah.......so you are denying what happened on that casting couch?
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

For all those on here born after the Baby Boomer generation, here's the Greta Garbo meme for your delectation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmOHfnIpFI