UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Five numbers on the bailiff paperwork indicates five liability orders covering up to five separate years of CT arrears. As Council's are starved of funds by central government they are raking out all the uncollected liability orders to try to raise cash. I recently dealt with a client with a liability order from 9 years ago. Councils also tend to accelerate their collection attempts towards the end of the financial year when the money starts to run out.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 am Five numbers on the bailiff paperwork indicates five liability orders covering up to five separate years of CT arrears. As Council's are starved of funds by central government they are raking out all the uncollected liability orders to try to raise cash. I recently dealt with a client with a liability order from 9 years ago. Councils also tend to accelerate their collection attempts towards the end of the financial year when the money starts to run out.
That's not quite right. Collection attempts does increase towards the end of the year, but it is a case of correlation does not imply causation.

Council tax has as an average 97% collection rate which is a pretty high compliance rate (compared with an estimated 93% for HMRC collected taxes). However, Councils have a legal obligation to collect outstanding council tax receipts. This is irrespective of any budget consideration.

Councils also have a legal obligation to set a balanced budget and the budgets are set with the expected level of non-collection built in. In any case, only £170m was written off (as opposed to still be collected) across all councils in 2017/18 which is 0.6% of the total collected in domestic rates. Council Tax debt amounts also include the costs of recovery and until it is written off is effectively an asset which may eventually be realised.

Council Tax itself is only 20-25% of an average council's budget, so whilst not to be sniffed at a complete failure to obtain the, let's say, annual 0.75% (25% of 3%) total budget arrears doesn't even come close to blowing the required legal budget contingency.

There is also no edict (at least in my council) to accelerate recovering debt towards the end of the financial year. This is a natural consequence of the tax. By its nature, arrears for a single tax year in April is zero. As a year progresses, the number of debtors increases and so as you get closer to end of financial year you will have an increase in attempts to collect CT because there are now more non-payers to recover money from than there were at the beginning. There has also been a shift in the recovery window as previously most recovery would start after 10 months, but you can now spread payments over 12 so arrears are now dealt with later in the cycle.

I understand the political message in the cuts to funding requires more aggressive collection narrative because I've used it myself :wink: but it isn't actually true.

That is of course the simplified version. The local authority finance handbook is a complicated beast and is updated all the time. However, I shall end it there as more detail and examples may give away too much!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

It's all happening chez Neelu. Another bailiff, this time for EWE ...
https://www.facebook.com/victor.pc.589/ ... 4126446828
Another Bailiff at the door today, dropped a note after trying to force entry, peering through the letterbox, thats 3 bailiffs in 48 hours.

The Bailiff today 0xxxxxxxx is to explain the 13 attempts with Taser Police on Equity Lawyer, Edward William Ellis. His old car failed its MOT, the garage parked it on the yellow line,the car was towed away and crushed (or sold for parts) and Brighton & Hove City Council is conspiring with Redbridge Council to terrorise me after driving Edward out with Mental Health Frauds ...
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I wonder why this lady (Mrs Berry) hasn't tried to come to some sort of arrangement with the local Council. I was struggling a bit to pay my council tax one year (this is in the past) though nothing like the amount of debt this lady appears to have accrued and I wrote a letter asking if I could have more time to pay and the council allowed me to pay by 12 monthly instalments over a year rather than 10 monthly instalments per annum (same amount of council tax only spread over more months).

I read something about this lady's niece having died - that was very sad. Was that when she started having strange ideas?
AnOwlCalledSage

CrankyBoomer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm I wonder why this lady (Mrs Berry) hasn't tried to come to some sort of arrangement with the local Council.
Because she is an idiot. The bottom line is that you will not get a court to enforce a genuine inability to pay. It is always a wanton refusal to pay. An agreement to pay arrears (according to circumstances) will always be viewed sympathetically. We don't have debtors prisons anymore, but you do have to obey court orders.
CrankyBoomer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm I read something about this lady's niece having died - that was very sad. Was that when she started having strange ideas?
I was aware of her way before I washed up on these shores, or even her involvement with Hoaxtead.

She actually goes back before her niece's death. I've posted it previously in this thread (no criticism if you haven't read it. This is a big threads and I myself have forgotten where it is!) that her persecution complex stemmed from being made redundant as a pharmacist in the 1990s.

Now I've been a union rep and her first two cases were bang to rights against the employers. She was correct. On being put at risk of redundancy, she should have been offered alternatives and retraining. She then pushed it to her third case where she alleged racism and persecution. I'm partially Asian so would have been sympathetic if the facts suggested that. They didn't. It was thrown out. That is when she started on the "powers that be" were out to get her.

Her niece then died, but she was well down the path of lunacy by then. To this day she continues to breach the injunction against her from 2004. She was struck off as a "super-qualified" pharmacist as a result.

Whilst the echo chamber of the internet seems to most to be a recent phenomenon, the newsgroup alt.uk.legal has a lot to answer for reinforcing her stupidity.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Her niece had some terrible condition she wasn't going to survive from. Neelu now rolls it into all the other conspiracies.
His old car failed its MOT, the garage parked it on the yellow line,the car was towed away and crushed (or sold for parts)
I'll bet any money the garage told him to remove it as it was in their way. So they put it out of their way.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm Her niece had some terrible condition she wasn't going to survive from. Neelu now rolls it into all the other conspiracies
But it's far worse than that. Follow her links and you'll find pictures of her dead niece's corpse still online. (I suggest you don't). She and her sister had it held in a morgue for 5 years and then flown out to India where they tried to have another court case. Of course, when that was thrown out of was evidence of a satanic conspiracy.

Her Swissindo stupidity is light relief in comparison.
AnOwlCalledSage

Another one bites the dust, this time Adam Mustafa. The tally of Neelu's associates being held in mental health units is growing. If only I could think of some connection between them all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iSDUW3LNE
rosy

Post by rosy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm Her niece had some terrible condition she wasn't going to survive from.
Trisomy 18, known as Edward's Syndrome. Affected babies rarely survive the first year, and many don't survive past birth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_syndrome
TBL

Post by TBL »

She calls everything "Fraud".
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Doesn't she shout "treason" a lot, or am I thinking of another crazy? I know "remedy" is another of favorites and I know the same thing applies.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Ah yes.... "Remedy".... Usually prefixed with the words "being denied..."
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

longdog wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm Ah yes.... "Remedy".... Usually prefixed with the words "being denied..."
It of course being super difficult to "deny" something that doesn't exist.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:24 pm Another one bites the dust, this time Adam Mustafa. The tally of Neelu's associates being held in mental health units is growing. If only I could think of some connection between them all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iSDUW3LNE
How 'strange- Adam was traveling over to his ex's place- when he was pulled over and arrested (could his 'chariot' perhaps be unregistered me thinks???) when he gets out, he wanders over to the ex's place (she didn't know he was coming...or did she???) grabs another beater, drives off and promptly gets arrested again... (me thinks there may be a bit of 'unlicenced/unregistered going on here- I can drive around for years without issues, but you see Adam- I pay me bludy rego!!!!)
And of course after his first 'traveling chariot' was taken away- the local plods would have definitely not ever been on the lookout for him... especially NOT at his old address...
:haha:

Then after a bit- he gets taken off down the local 'dress shop' where they seem to have had a nice wrap around number - just his size no less- totally uncalled for ( or perhaps he started mouthing off about 'traveling' and how the laws of the land (or sea as the case may be) don't apply to him and his various 'ADAM/Adam/adam/oy you ya wanker' personalities...)
Seems he then got hauled off to the local loony bin and held there- because that just happens to everyone- oh wait, no it only happens to the nutcases...

And Neelu is going to get him out post haste, with various remedies, and those nasty mental health kidnappings, druggings etc etc etc are totally bogus and he's out walking the streets right now- oh wait....

look out UK Health- there's a whole 33 of them after you!!! (scary that there is that many of them on the streets...

Neelu is getting worse- she's a 'private investigator registered nurse' now- the nurse could see right through her, so I expect that Neelu's chances of getting through after this is less than zero...
longdog

Post by longdog »

This isn't the unfortunate Mr Mustafa's first sectioning by the look of it.

I get the impression from his various pages on Facebook and so on that the local wallopers are probably more familiar with him than they would like and do a pretty good job of dealing with him in a humane and professional manner.

Sorry... Did I say humane and professional? I mean treasonous, murderous and in breach of their oath to god to protect god's childrenous of course.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 pm Doesn't she shout "treason" a lot, or am I thinking of another crazy? I know "remedy" is another of favorites and I know the same thing applies.
Is it some Legal Woo? Is it Common Law bollocks? No, it's Treason Fraud Remedy (wo)Man!
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

From one of her recent posts, does she really think that serious journalists follow her nonsense and take it seriously enough to want to interview her or her bidey-in?
Ved Chaudhari
December 7 at 7:41 PM
Equity Lawyer, Edward William Ellis and I are still waiting for interviews from Mainstream Media, yawn, on all the Election Fairness Claim cases of the Equity Monarch Trusts of the Crown, Lord Bishops and the Royal Commissions.
longdog

Post by longdog »

That is a rhetorical question I assume.
notorial dissent

aesmith wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm From one of her recent posts, does she really think that serious journalists follow her nonsense and take it seriously enough to want to interview her or her bidey-in?
Ved Chaudhari
December 7 at 7:41 PM
Equity Lawyer, Edward William Ellis and I are still waiting for interviews from Mainstream Media, yawn, on all the Election Fairness Claim cases of the Equity Monarch Trusts of the Crown, Lord Bishops and the Royal Commissions.
I don't think even un-serious journalists follower her antics. There are plethoras of strange people out screaming about the things only they can see, she isn't unique, or even particularly interesting. She is just more nutter fodder for occasional filler. Neelu is a legend ONLY in her own mind and ONLY self important, just like there is the majik "remedy" it just ain't so.
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

And to us of course!