Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by JimUk1 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 pm
we all know the council corrupt machine takes no prisoners!

Actually they do, and it seems possible that it is going to be YOU.

Well Done.
Indeed. Seems he failed to make the distinction between figuratively and literally.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JimUk1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 pm Was anyone else aware that council tax funds Lockheed Martin? :thinking:
It's a stretch, but I have seen this one played out in actual council meetings.

Basically local government pension schemes are like most pension schemes. They invest in a broad portfolio of shares to reduce risk. These may (and usually do) include a petro-chemical company here or there and/or BAe (formerly British Aerospace). BAe have a significant share of the manufacture of F35 jets which is nominally a Lockheed Martin product. Hence, councils fund Lockheed Martin. :naughty:

Now depending on where you live, a local government pension scheme will be a multiple council endeavour as a result of county council initiatives, council mergers, demergers etc. This means that extracating an individual council from a scheme is near nigh impossible and a political instruction to do so would probably be ultra vires as they are meant to be acting in the interests of their members not the councils.

Of course, this does mean that a strict interpretation of "funding" does allow this bizarre tautology but in practice it would be chucked out of any court.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Since buying stock on the market doesn't actually "fund" the company that point is even less than moot. Once a preliminary issue of stock is sold the company ceases to get any benefit from the stock changing hands.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 pm Was anyone else aware that council tax funds Lockheed Martin? :thinking:
It's a stretch, but I have seen this one played out in actual council meetings.

Basically local government pension schemes are like most pension schemes. They invest in a broad portfolio of shares to reduce risk. These may (and usually do) include a petro-chemical company here or there and/or BAe (formerly British Aerospace). BAe have a significant share of the manufacture of F35 jets which is nominally a Lockheed Martin product. Hence, councils fund Lockheed Martin. :naughty:
The same argument was aimed at the co-op and Church of England, they purchased shares in a fund which had a large portfolio, however, a percentage of that portfolio was investing in Raytheon, BAe, Lockheed and BP. I’m sure the council are just the same in allowing fund managers to mange the portfolio for the scheme pension.

Some how it wasn’t the fund managers fault it was purely the Co-ops and church :shrug:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23467750
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

In other words, Lockheed Martin funds the local councils.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Juisarian wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 pm In other words, Lockheed Martin funds the local councils.
Oh that’s a cracker. You’ll have to drop that into a PLD post on Facebook :lol:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Juisarian wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 pm In other words, Lockheed Martin funds the local councils.
Hopefully some of them will remove their Lockheed brakes and hydraulics in protest.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:52 am
Hopefully some of them will remove their Lockheed brakes and hydraulics in protest.
If it were only themselves who would be hurt by the consequences, I'd agree; but I'd hate to be crossing their path when that happened.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Actually it is all the people buying and selling shares of LM that is funding the counsels, and hopefully the dividends from the portfolio managers they have.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:51 pm Actually it is all the people buying and selling shares of LM that is funding the counsels, and hopefully the dividends from the portfolio managers they have.
As much as I've enjoyed the idea of Lockhead Martin funding councils, no. The local government pension funds are for the benefit of employees. Councils do not get funding in any direct way from them, other than top up contributions may not be required which will help with budget setting.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent

However, we're talking realities and that is something the loonies never bother with, and facts just get in the way of their current fantasy overload.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Poor Lazarus, what ungrateful members ...
Lazarus Laurence
18 January at 18:45
im actually done with the uk group now..apparently im too fanatic an scaring people off. the butthurt people have been moaning about my teaching methods and made me decide my time is too important to waste on people who come here to learn and think they can teach their freeman methods here,then get butthurt when their misinfo gets deleted. im not wasting it on them no more. be sure to thank them that people are no longer receiving help coz their little egos getting hurt. i really hope they get locked up using their freeman methods. maybe not as they probably too much of a coward an pay their taxes anyway. i totally get why davids retired from it. im just looking out for number 1 now. i will still be collecting evidence of peoples seditious comments in the comments so they will stand before a jury at a later date, take advice from non-admin at your own peril. an good luck getting help as the rest of the admin seem to be awol. stay true to the process
https://www.facebook.com/groups/practic ... 518022868/
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

i will still be collecting evidence of peoples seditious comments in the comments so they will stand before a jury at a later date,
Those of us of a certain age may be reminded of Beaver Hateman and his gang from the Uncle books...
AnOwlCalledSage

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:40 pm Those of us of a certain age may be reminded of Beaver Hateman and his gang from the Uncle books...
And UK viewers of a certain age will be thinking of... https://youtu.be/_YMVPXmaKds :snicker:
longdog

Post by longdog »

Und no soggy chips. I vont mine crisp.... Unt light brown.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm Und no soggy chips. I vont mine crisp.... Unt light brown.
No soggy chips? And you’re from Hull?

Bob Carver would be spitting blood!

Although I do prefer Golden Fry in town 😂
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:40 pm
i will still be collecting evidence of peoples seditious comments in the comments so they will stand before a jury at a later date,
Those of us of a certain age may be reminded of Beaver Hateman and his gang from the Uncle books...

Fantastic, but I prefer the sarcasm of Father Jack Hacket (RIP Frank)

https://youtu.be/oYOZ3IzRaf4
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm
longdog wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm Und no soggy chips. I vont mine crisp.... Unt light brown.

Sir! Your usually fine legal mind is letting you down. I was merely quoting Johnny Foreigner not expressing my personal
preference. I like my chips as nature intended when accompanying battered fish... Limp and soggy.

As for Bob Carver.... I don't see what the fuss is about to be honest. Yes I have pattie and chips from their stall at the fair but if I'm in town and in need of chips then like you I much prefer Goldenfry on Saville Street. If you are my height it come with free concussion when you forget to duck going in and out.
Last edited by longdog on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:40 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm

As for Bob Carver.... I don't see what the fuss is about to be honest. Yes I have pattie and chips from their stall at the fair but if I'm in town and in need of chips then like you I much prefer Goldenfry on Saville Street. If you are my height it come with free concussion when you forget to duck going in and out.
Indeed, I’ve never understood Bobs, and I enjoy nothing better then getting my chips wet as I inadvertently walk through those new dancing fountains.
I hope the Olde White Hart has sorted its problem with Old Peculiar out, I’m due for a visit this summer, and last time the pint was awful. Although I think ownership had changed .
longdog

Post by longdog »

I hope the Olde White Hart has sorted its problem with Old Peculiar out
I've not been in for a long while and I don't usually drink OP anyway because even well cared for it's far too variable on draught for my tastes.

The other White Hart up by Drypool Bridge reopened a couple of years ago as a just-a-pub type of pub and has some good, well kept ales. They must be doing something right as it's the longest, by a mile, it's stayed open for a couple of decades.