Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

grixit wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am I think if i were the judge, after about the 10th or maybe 20th submission, i would have instructed my clerks that any further documents containing derogatory statements or using false titles, should be shredded and not recorded. I think the judicial disciplinary board would back me on that one.
I would put that in the form of a court order.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TBL
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TBL »

But this vein of comedy gold runs deep.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Why does Monty Python's battle with the Black Knight come to mind with respect to PAGAW?

"It's only a flesh wound." ????
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I like the part where ATW threatens the prosecutors wife in the letter where he’s denying threatening anyone.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What can you say, ATW is a lying loon, and is getting desperate, and I would say he is approaching dangerous, as well as his groupies.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:28 pm What can you say, ATW is a lying loon, and is getting desperate, and I would say he is approaching dangerous, as well as his groupies.
I'm hoping that Cabebe's plea deal includes her flipping on him. :D
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
notorial dissent

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:28 pm What can you say, ATW is a lying loon, and is getting desperate, and I would say he is approaching dangerous, as well as his groupies.
I'm hoping that Cabebe's plea deal includes her flipping on him. :D
It would have certain symmetry about it, but I seriously doubt it would make much difference. I would bet they have more than enough to put him away on all charges for a good long time, or they wouldn't have gone to this much effort.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

For anybody who listens to the calls to poor Rudy theres a new one up from ATW, he's apparently really excited to shoot himself in the foot and ensure a conviction :snicker: apparently thinks he'll be allowed to spread false information during cross examination of expert witnesses explaining why hes a scammer.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Good chance he gets new charges for threatening the prosecutor.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Am I the only one in this rather small forum who is starting to question the veracity of the ultimate right of people to act on behalf of themselves as legal counsel in criminal matters?

I'm not up to speed on the current trends in thinking in defense practice or law schools, but it seems to me the prolific distribution of legal dicta here in the 21st century is pushing the limits of viability in terms of self-representation by those "not schooled in the law."

Not to be crass, but the bullshit demonstrated in the Williams case should raise the question of any justifiable reason to allow people like him to exercise the system at such an enormous cost.

I'm afraid we need to take another look at the viability of our current determination of what constitutes a defendant's "right" to represent themselves.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Not to be crass, but the bullshit demonstrated in the Williams case should raise the question of any justifiable reason to allow people like him to exercise the system at such an enormous cost.
I agree with the Supreme Court's statement in Faretta that a defendant should have the right to self-representation because it is the defendant who will suffer the consequences.

That does not mean that a judge has to put up with all of the bull that Williams is shovelling. You don't see anything like that in most pro se cases, and that is because most judges won't tolerate it. Most judges, for example, will set a deadline for pretrial motions, and won't consider anything filed after that date without a very good reason.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The Faretta decision instructed judges to have an extensive interview with a criminal defendant who wanted to go pro se, in which the judge would emphasize the risks and difficulties a pro se defendant endured, and also clarify the defendant's intent and get some estimate of his grasp of the legal system and his compliance with court procedure. If it appeared to the judge that allowing the defendant to go pro se would lead to disruptive and obstructive behavior the judge could refuse to allow pro se defense. The judge could require the defendant to be represented by a lawyer, allow the defendant to be his own advocate without a lawyer, or allow the defendant to be his own advocate but with a standby lawyer to answer his questions and to step in if it became necessary to remove the defendant from the courtroom or otherwise stop him from his pro se advocacy.

The judge here has reasonably determined that Williams, despite his legal pretensions, will attempt to be disruptive and does not understand or will not comply with proper procedure, and therefore must be represented by a bona fide lawyer. In this situation only that lawyer's pleadings and motions should be considered by the court and Williams's own attempts should be completely ignored.

If Williams were to appeal because of this ruling, the appellate court need only examine some of Williams's submissions to see that he was not doing himself any good and the trial judge's decision to saddle him with a lawyer was the right call.
\
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm siding with Roy on this one. Cui bono? It's definitely not ATW since he's only managed to dig himself deeper. Society definitely isn't better of with ATW representing himself, the court has to spend more money and now taxpayers have to spend more money keeping him locked in jail.
morrand

Post by morrand »

At some point, it seems like you go beyond Faretta and into Illinois v. Allen, though. Consider (from Allen):
The trial began on September 9, 1957. After the State's Attorney had accepted the first four jurors following their voir dire examination, the petitioner began examining the first juror and continued at great length. Finally, the trial judge interrupted the petitioner, requesting him to confine his questions solely to matters relating to the prospective juror's qualifications. At that point, the petitioner started to argue with the judge in a most abusive and disrespectful manner. At last, and seemingly in desperation, the judge asked appointed counsel to proceed with the examination of the jurors. The petitioner continued to talk, proclaiming that the appointed attorney was not going to act as his lawyer. He terminated his remarks by saying, "When I go out for lunchtime, you're [the judge] going to be a corpse here." At that point he tore the file which his attorney had and threw the papers on the floor. ...

Counsel for the petitioner then moved to exclude the witnesses from the courtroom. The [petitioner] protested this effort on the part of his attorney, saying: "There is going to be no proceeding. I'm going to start talking and I'm going to keep on talking all through the trial. There's not going to be no trial like this. I want my sister and my friends here in court to testify for me." The trial judge thereupon ordered the petitioner removed from the courtroom.
If the court in ATW's case isn't willing to use Allen once it's clear things have gotten to that point, I really don't see how that puts Faretta in question.
---
Morrand
notorial dissent

Differences between State and Federal court notwithstanding, I think ATW has pretty much gone through the usual panegyrics of a crazy pro se and I think he has been pretty well leashed so far. My personal feeling is that he has gotten way more leeway than necessary in being allowed the use of his pretend titles as they only add to his bad behavior and some of the things he has filed should, IMO, not have been allowed until they were cleaned up and written properly. He definitely crossed the line with his comments to and about the prosecution and their families and his very horribly transparent attempt/plan to intimidate witnesses. At this point I would suspect that Lars is going to become the intermediary between the prosecution and ATW with anything sensitive he gets. It's a little late to take way his pro se status, but I guess it could happen and Lars should be pretty well up on it all as much as he can be. Sucks to be Lars.

That all being said, it is entirely possible he will continue his behavior and refuse to be transported to court. He may get to watch the trial from a monitor in a holding cell. I can't imagine that he will miss the opportunity to perform but with him you never know. He may get to attend court by video feed if he acts out in court, could happen. I think somehow he still thinks he is running the circus, and he isn't, and when he finds out he really isn't he is going to really act out.
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

ND either here, or over at Fogbow, I posted a link to my DB Williams folder which contain the transcripts from his state trial in FL if you want to see what he does. I'll provide the link again.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdt5cg97zprk ... bY5Ra?dl=0
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Here's the filing from the Punk A-- General's co-defendant's change of plea hearing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8u43xz99n1dw ... 9.pdf?dl=0
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

The prosecutors are not about to let the Pretend Attorney General take control or spread their personal information around, and it definitely looks like Anabel Cabebe copped a plea (as Frater noted)

Documents 775-779 (ATW) are sealed. Links to my server.

ATW:
768 - EO: Further trial deadlines as to (01) Anthony T. Williams: Stand-by defense counsel requested clarification regarding trial exhibits, and "dark days" anticipated for trial. Deadline for parties to exchange exhibits and provide exhibit binders to the Court: January 30, 2020. Parties are to provide an original set of exhibits (in individual file folders, exhibits marked, file folders labeled) and two (2) copies (in binders, exhibits marked and tabbed) and a list of all exhibits shall be submitted to the Court the Thursday before trial. Anticipated dark days for trial are, every Friday and if trial continues through March, March 11 - March 13.
769 - MOTION in Limine GOVERNMENTS MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE ANY TESTIMONY FROM PRO SE DEFENDANT ANTHONY WILLIAMS IN NARRATIVE FORM by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
770 - MOTION in Limine GOVERNMENTS MOTION IN LIMINE FOR EXCEPTION TO WITNESS EXCLUSION RULE by USA as to Anthony T. Williams
771 - MOTION in Limine GOVERNMENTS MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROSCRIBE USE OF INTERVIEW REPORTS by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
772 - MOTION in Limine GOVERNMENTS MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE OF DISCOVERY DISPUTES, ALLEGED SEARCH WARRANT DEFECTS, AND FALSE CLAIMS OF SELECTIVE OR VINDICTIVE PROSECUTION by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
774 - MOTION for Extension of Time to File Motions in Limine and to submit jury instructions by Anthony T. Williams. (Attachments: # 1 Declaration of Counsel, # 2 Certificate of Service)
780 - MOTION in Limine #2 by Anthony T. Williams. (Attachments: # 1 Declaration of Counsel, # 2 Exhibit "A", # 3 Certificate of Service)
781 - MOTION DEFENDANTS MOTION IN OPPOSITION TO COURT ORDER REGARDING THE FILING OF DOCUMENTS WITH UNNECESSARY PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION re 759 Order,,, by Anthony T. Williams. (Attachments: # 1 Declaration of Counsel, # 2 Exhibit "A", # 3 Certificate of Service)
782 - EO: as to (02) Anabel Cabebe: REGARDING INITIAL APPEARANCE, WAIVER OF INDICTMENT, ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA TO THE SUPERSEDING INFORMATION held in 1:20-CR-00001-LEK. Change of plea is VACATED in this case. Government will move to dismiss the superseding indictment in this case as to the defendant after sentencing in 1:20-CR-00001-LEK. Trial date and all deadlines are VACATED in this case.
783 - MOTION DEFENDANTS (1) MOTION FOR ORDER THAT DEFENDANT TO BE TRANSPORTED TO CELL BLOCK THROUGH DURATION OF TRIAL AND (2) REQUEST FOR STATUS CONFERENCE by Anthony T. Williams. (Attachments: # 1 Declaration of Counsel, # 2 Exhibit "A", # 3 Exhibit "B", # 4 Exhibit "C", # 5 Exhibit "D", # 6 Certificate of Service)

As an additional bonus, I also grabbed documents for Anabel Cabebe. The first one (the information) is sealed.

1 - (no document) Original information (sealed)
2 - (no document) EO: as to Anabel Cabebe - Initial Appearance, Waiver of Indictment, Arraignment & Plea to the Felony Information is set for 01/16/2020 at 2:30 p.m. in Courtroom 6 before MAGISTRATE JUDGE KENNETH J. MANSFIELD.
4 - NOTICE REGARDING EARLIER CHARGES FILED AGAINST DEFENDANT - by USA as to Anabel Cabebe Defendant previously charged under CR 17-00101 LEK-02.
5 - SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to Anabel Cabebe (1) count(s) 1s.
6 - EP : Initial Appearance, Waiver of Indictment, Arraignment and Plea to the Superseding Information as to Anabel Cabebe (1) Count 1s held on 1/16/2020. Defendant is present, not in custody. Charge has been received. Defendant sworn, questioned by the Court. Consent to Rule 11 Plea In a Felony Case Before United States Magistrate signatures verified and filed. Waiver of Indictment signatures verified, approved and filed. Memorandum of Plea Agreement signatures verified and filed. Court informs Defendant of sentencing guidelines, possible departure from sentencing guidelines, supervised release, etc. Mr. Sorenson recites the essential elements and the summary of evidence against the Defendant. Plea of GUILTY to the Felony Information entered by the Defendant. R&R signed, objections to recommendation are waived unless they are filed within 14 days. Pre- Sentence report ordered from USPO. SENTENCING as to the Felony Information set for May 28, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. before Judge Leslie E. Kobayashi. Bail previously set forth shall remain in full effect Government will move to dismiss the superseding indictment in 1:17-cr-00101-LEK-2 as to the defendant after sentencing.
7 - WAIVER OF AN INDICTMENT - by Anabel Cabebe.
8 - CONSENT TO RULE 11 PLEA IN A FELONY CASE BEFORE UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE - by Anabel Cabebe.
9 - MEMORANDUM OF PLEA AGREEMENT as to Anabel Cabebe.
10 - EO: as to Anabel Cabebe re 1 : At the Initial Appearance; Waiver of Indictment; Arraignment and Plea of Guilty to the Felony Information hearing held today, Government moved to seal the First Information. Request was GRANTED. Government to follow with an Order.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I am more and more thinking the judge is doing a Rooke here and the summary will be all that is wrong with SovCit arguments and, in future, every judge will be able to look at a SovCit filing and go "that was thrown out in Hawaii v Williams" and dismiss it with prejudice. I also think the judge is indulging Williams to prevent any possible appeal for when they give Williams say 10 x 5 years consecutive.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Arthur I think you are entirely right. I think the judge has been humoring ATW mostly to keep him occupied and out of mischief, and to appeal proof the case that they want over and done with with when they are done. Most of his stuff is nonsense that I suspect either a magistrate or clerk is doing the heavy lifting on. I see that now that it is getting close to crunch time that the prosecution is following the lead of the FL team and shutting down the nonsense routes with in limines so that he is precluded and they can shut him down immediately once they go to trial. I suspect more will follow. I see they got around to requesting an order that he be brought in and housed at the "cell block" to preclude any of his "I ain't goin' antics" from disrupting the trial. He won't like the accommodations one little bit. He may yet end up in a box with a TV camera but that is for another day. It would appear that he thinks his great plan worked so well in FL that he'll do a repeat in HI. He really doesn't learn from past fails.