Robert Beale was a "Schiffite"

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Robert Beale was a "Schiffite"

Post by VinnyZ »

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/12916286.html
Beale later began reading books about the tax code. One was by Irwin Schiff, one of the nation's leading anti-tax crusaders. Beale attended one of Schiff's seminars.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Life would have been a lot less complicated had he just paid his damn taxes in the first place.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

A recurring theme in all of these kinds of stories is the willingness of seemingly intelligent people to risk everything to side with the conspiracy theory-laden nonsense as if it's some holy grail that has been deliberately concealed from them by legitimate professional advisors.

The funamental "Don't Mess With the IRS" mantra somehow stops working for them.

Why this story wasn't picked up by every major prime-time news program is telling. The Treasury Department needs more effective PR.

I'd bet more people have sat through "America: Freedom to Fascism" than will be reading about Beale or people like him, let alone 74 pages of IRS "truth about frivolous tax arguments."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Why this story wasn't picked up by every major prime-time news program is telling. The Treasury Department needs more effective PR.
I agree. Considering what is at stake (compliance with the internal revenue laws and the amount of tax revenue at stake) I think that the government should do a more aggressive job of educating the public about tax protesters.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Re: Robert Beale was a "Schiffite"

Post by jg »

VinnyZ wrote:http://www.startribune.com/local/north/12916286.html
Beale later began reading books about the tax code. One was by Irwin Schiff, one of the nation's leading anti-tax crusaders. Beale attended one of Schiff's seminars.
RANDY FURST, Star Tribune wrote:Meanwhile, Beale read more books like Schiff's, and said he concluded that the federal income tax "applies to a profit from business that's related to the federal government and it also applies to any employee of the federal government."

He began filing annual tax statements, he said, claiming he did not think his income was taxable because he was not a federal employee.
This excerpt from the article could include him as a Lost Horizontal Hendrickson follower.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

jg wrote:This excerpt from the article could include him as a Lost Horizontal Hendrickson follower.
Except that he's even more delusional than the Crackheads (kudos to whoever came up with that title, btw), since even they would agree that the term "employee" includes a corporate officer such as Beale.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
jg wrote:This excerpt from the article could include him as a Lost Horizontal Hendrickson follower.
Except that he's even more delusional than the Crackheads (kudos to whoever came up with that title, btw), since even they would agree that the term "employee" includes a corporate officer such as Beale.
And, Beale's motions prior to trial smacked of admiralty claims. He was a follower of Jack Smith and Cyndi Beers.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

FYI: Beale's trial is scheduled to begin March 3, 2008 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. See docket entry 273 (Jan. 2, 2008), United States v. Robert B. Beale, case no. 0:06-cr-00010-ADM-JJG, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet