The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by longdog »

What happened to the 50 /100 / 500 ex-forces volunteers who were going to act as enforcers as soon as they had their uniforms?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The CLC has been around for long enough that there ought to be at least ONE verifiable success, where the CLC warriors managed to defeat the evil minions of the Corporate State, or something. I wonder why we haven't seen any reports on that victory.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TBL

Post by TBL »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm The CLC has been around for long enough that there ought to be at least ONE verifiable success, where the CLC warriors managed to defeat the evil minions of the Corporate State, or something. I wonder why we haven't seen any reports on that victory.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Easy, it's being suppressed by the curupt media in carhoots with the Corporate State.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TBL wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm The CLC has been around for long enough that there ought to be at least ONE verifiable success, where the CLC warriors managed to defeat the evil minions of the Corporate State, or something. I wonder why we haven't seen any reports on that victory.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Easy, it's being suppressed by the curupt media in carhoots with the Corporate State.
You'd think, though, they'd at least have copies of the paperwork....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

You'd think. :haha:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Y'all think we're a bunch of amateurs? We snuck in before they convened, swapped out all the printer cartridges and they were all printed in sekrit Illuminati Disappearing Ink.

We're The Illuminati, bitches, and you can't beat us.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

"The Dachshund ate my homework"
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

On Crabbie's Facebook group with the snappy title of Council Tax & Many More Govt Acts Are Unlawful, someone's queried what to do about a letter they've receiving informing them of a fine for no MoT, after ignoring all the paperwork. The Common Law Court has a solution, but there's a snag ...

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Um, that's alleged time. Remember, all birth information is hearsay.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Point of order. Dan Greig may be(*) on a wind up. He's also a member of a Freeman piss take group on Facebook.
On PLD somebody proudly sported an online signature for the delivery of some motoring fine rebuttal. As it was signed on a PDA DG queried its validity due to lack of wetness.

(*) Substitute 'may be' for 'is' :whistle:
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Boo-urns. Boo-urns.

The Council Tax Is A Way Of Funding Local Services ( :snicker: ) group appears to have been locked to the general public* and requires a Facebook login to be able to laugh at their nonsense, so I guess my days of lurking and reposting are over.

This has been a temporary measure used in the past and may have its roots in Crabby's court case, as he mentioned yesterday that the CPS were using his own words against him by producing things he had posted on Facebook.

I shall leave it in others' capable hands!

* This could be a Facebook move as I can no longer access PLD or We Buy Any Debt either and co-ordinating tactics is beyond these eejits.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 am Point of order. Dan Greig may be(*) on a wind up. He's also a member of a Freeman piss take group on Facebook.
On PLD somebody proudly sported an online signature for the delivery of some motoring fine rebuttal. As it was signed on a PDA DG queried its validity due to lack of wetness.

(*) Substitute 'may be' for 'is' :whistle:
And the reply was...
Michael Lambert The digital sig proves a human being took receipt of it and becomes responsible for it being delivered to the intended recipient.
No explanation of how its lack of wet inkiness was irrelevant. I assume the legal principle of "making shit up as you go along" applies.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:48 am
The Council Tax Is A Way Of Funding Local Services ( :snicker: ) group appears to have been locked to the general public* and requires a Facebook login to be able to laugh at their nonsense, so I guess my days of lurking and reposting are over.
It's gone for non-members.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Sorry folks. It's all over. We didn't anticipate this legal genius.
Ian Porter
Prove the evidence of council tax in the 1215 magna Carter it doesn't say we got to pay council tax or any other bills. Or any other taxes
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm Sorry folks. It's all over. We didn't anticipate this legal genius.
Ian Porter
Prove the evidence of council tax in the 1215 magna Carter it doesn't say we got to pay council tax or any other bills. Or any other taxes
I suppose it would be churlish to ask him to prove Magna Carta 1215 is, or ever was, a part of the law of England.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm Sorry folks. It's all over. We didn't anticipate this legal genius.
Ian Porter
It doesn’t say I can’t run naked through the streets of Hull when Hull FC get beat in just a red and white scarf either!

Yay for Magnum Cartier
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:54 pm
Ian Porter
It doesn’t say I can’t run naked through the streets of Hull when Hull FC get beat in just a red and white scarf either!

Yay for Magnum Cartier
See also the NHS, state pensions, state benefits, bin collection, the fire service and the rest of the almost endless list of things that aren't mentioned in Manky Carpet 1215.

It's almost as if a failed 800 year old treaty between squabbling French warlords isn't a sound basis for governing the UK in the 21st century. Strange that innit?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:56 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Yay for Magnum Cartier
See also the NHS, state pensions, state benefits, bin collection, the fire service and the rest of the almost endless list of things that aren't mentioned in Manky Carpet 1215.

It's almost as if a failed 800 year old treaty between squabbling French warlords isn't a sound basis for governing the UK in the 21st century. Strange that innit?
I’m still a firm believer in context. And back in 1215 I would say England was more a state like what America is today with little central government influence in so far as certain taxes where paid to the central warlord, I mean, king, therein making it a quasi-capitalist state? Not sure what the 13th century equivalent is but I’m sure most businesses where owned by family and most doctors and teachers free to charge whatever they liked.

It amazes me how good these idiots have it and want nothing but destruction of a system that actually nurses and educates them no matter what their status. Perhaps we should go back to the 13th century and have them tending to turnips and have them asking the local cleric to educate them in how to read Latin for all their disposable income.

It’s almost as if they’ve forgot what work is supposed to achieve?
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:20 pm It amazes me how good these idiots have it and want nothing but destruction of a system that actually nurses and educates them no matter what their status. Perhaps we should go back to the 13th century and have them tending to turnips and have them asking the local cleric to educate them in how to read Latin for all their disposable income.
The thing is though that they don't realise that if we did go back to the 13th century they would be the ones tending the turnips. They think they would be the barons.

There's not one of them grasps the reality that in the 13th century they would be no better than livestock to their precious barons. For all their talk of the rights they think MC would grant them there would be nothing in practice stopping their local baron doing whatever the hell he liked up to and including killing them for the slightest disrespect, minor crime or just for the sheer fun of killing.

"Why did you kill that serf my lord if I might be so impertinent as to ask?"

"He said something treasonous"

"Venison or pork for tea sire?"

That's it. No trial by jury. Just a quick swing of the sword and he'd charge your widow for the cleaning bill if he got peasant blood on him.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 pm That's it. No trial by jury. Just a quick swing of the sword and he'd charge your widow for the cleaning bill if he got peasant blood on him.
That brought to mind Edmund Blackadder reeling off the achievents of his brief:

Blackadder:
I remember Massingbird's most famous case: the Case of the Bloody Knife. A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand. 13 witnesses had seen him stab the victim. And when the police arrived, he said "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off; he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours List. And the relatives of the victim had to pay to wash the blood out of his jacket!

Perkins:
I hear he's a dab hand at the prosecution as well, sir.

Blackadder:

Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.

Perkins:
Ol' butch Oscar.

Blackadder:
Yep! Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls." And Massingbird had him sent down for being a whoopsie.