New "heroes" of the movement

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Investor

New "heroes" of the movement

Post by Investor »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14959763/detail.html

WYANDOTTE, Mich. -- The Wyandotte Police Department is requesting the public's help in locating a missing 1-year-old boy.

Police believe Reed Owen Radford was kidnapped by his grandparents, 50-year-old Nancy Ann Ashenhurst and 46-year-old Kenneth Paul Gallina.

The child's mother, Janis Ashenhurst, has been in jail since Dec. 20.

According to court records, Janis Ashenhurst denied the child's father, Ronald Radford, from seeing Reed and failed to cooperate with the court-appointed guardian of the child.

Police said they believe the maternal grandparents kidnapped the child after a judge ordered the child be removed from their home 12 days ago.

Investigators reports described the inside of the grandparents' home as "very poor conditions."

Radford said at that moment when the judge ordered Reed be removed from his maternal grandmother's home, Nancy Ashenhurst bolted from the courtroom.

"I heard something move, so I looked and she was hurrying out of the courtroom," said Radford.

The Wayne County Circuit Court ordered the child to be handed over to Radford's father.

"Hopefully, somebody will see him and help me find my son," said Radford.

Police said Janis Ashenhurst will remain in jail as long as Reed is missing.

The grandparents are awaiting a Wyndotte squatting trial and do not consider themselves U.S. citizens because they are involved in a group that fights paying any type of tax, according to police.

Nancy Ashenhurst and Gallina may be driving a turquoise 1994 Chevy Cavalier with Michigan license plate No: 5EFA98.

If you see this vehicle or these individuals, please contact the Wyandotte Police Department at 734-324-4405.
A quick search shows that the grandfather was also involved in a 2007 civil action against a mortgage company, based on constitutional matters. He also filed suit against his local police department earlier in the year on civil rights grounds.
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Well, did he win?
Investor

Post by Investor »

Burzmali wrote:Well, did he win?
Suit against mortgage company (which also names local police officers as defendants) = dismissed for lack of jurisdiction

Suit against local police = still open