Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by Jeffrey »

The motion for acquittal contains a partial blow by blow summary of some of the trial. FYI.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

He really does love breaking out the shovel every time he hits rock bottom doesn't he? You'd think he'd be smart enough to realize that his motion being dismissed does not bode well for the "evidence" he's claiming....
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

From what I could tell, haven't read the whole thing, but his strategy seems to consist of asking people questions they would have no way of knowing the answers to. I 'm sure he will make great point with TN and IN claiming they never heard of him or his business.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

If I were a farmer, I'd order copies of Anthony's motion for a directed verdict of acquittal, and spread them on my fields. The motion is pure... fertilizer.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

Today's my favorite part of these kinds of trials :D our esteemed PAG is going to take the opportunity to squander any sympathy the jury might have for him being confused and stupid and guarantee his conviction. I only hope he gets the Mikey Parsons treatment and is required to ask himself his own questions. Somehow these guys never learn the very easy lesson that there is an extremely good reason why every lawyer will recommend you don't take the stand except in very specific circumstances (justifiable homicide is the only one I can think of and frankly thats already a hail Mary defense and another topic all together). Looking forward to both the Williams version of events and the summarized reality
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
notorial dissent

If he runs true to form, he'll ask himself questions that he can answer in a favorable light to himself, except that when he's crossed it won't come out that way. Probably his own worst witness.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

Almost certainly going to be the prosecutions star, and the feds are less kind than state ones so they'll openly let him hang himself without objection lol.
notorial dissent

Baidn wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:29 pm Almost certainly going to be the prosecutions star, and the feds are less kind than state ones so they'll openly let him hang himself without objection lol.
Like anyone could get him to shut up.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

He already burned whatever good will the jury may have had when he told a victim her eviction was her own fault then got accused by another victim of forging an affidavit.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

From PACER this morning:
923 - EXHIBIT LIST by Anthony T. Williams. (Isaacson, Lars) (Entered: 02/24/2020)
926 - EP: Further Jury Trial 12th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/24/2020. Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams present in custody.

Preliminary matters heard outside of the presence of the Jury.

Colloquy with Pro se Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams regarding testifying.

Discussion held.

12 Jurors and 2 Alternates present.

Defendant Witnesses:
13) Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams (D..)

Defendant's Exhibits Admitted:
2127, 2113, 2172, 2130, 2131, 2161 (pages 12-21), 2114 (pages 9-10), 2057 (pages 21-29), 2128, 2129, 2077 (pages 29-30), 2081 (pages 3-4), 2086 (pages 1-6), 2083 (pages 3-4), 2099 (pages 24-25), 2093 (pages 25-62), 2080, 2079 (page 1) 2198,

Government's Exhibits Admitted:

Jury excused for the day at 2:00 p.m.

Discussion held.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams remanded to the Custody of the U.S. Marshal Service.

Further Jury Trial - Day 13, SET for February 25, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. beforeHonorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.
927 - EO: COURT ORDER REGARDING CROSS-EXAMINATION OF DEFENDANT AND THE GOVERNMENT'S REBUTTAL CASE as to (01) Anthony T. Williams.
This last document indicates that ATW has commenced his testimony. Highlights (most citations omitted):

I. Grand Theft Conviction
Plaintiff United States of America (“the Government”) will be permitted to cross-
examine Defendant regarding his prior conviction in the State of Florida for grand theft,
in violation of Fla. Stat. § 812.014, and unlawful filing of false documents or records
against property, in violation of Fla. Stat. § 817.535, in State of Florida v. Anthony Troy
Williams, Case No. 17-74 CF 10, in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit in and for Broward
County, Florida (collectively “the Grand Theft Conviction”).

This Court has previously ruled that Defendant opened the door to
testimony regarding the Grand Theft Conviction during Defendant’s cross-examination of
Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent Joseph Lavelle by eliciting testimony that no
charges against Defendant were filed in any federal court in Florida that are similar to the
charges in the instant case.

Further, the Government will be permitted to cross-examine Defendant regarding
Grand Theft Conviction because it “may be admissible for another purpose, such as
proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of
mistake, or lack of accident.”
II. Unauthorized Practice of Law Conviction
In light of the testimony given during Defendant’s direct examination by stand-by
counsel, the Government will be permitted to cross-examine Defendant regarding his
prior conviction in the State of Florida for the unauthorized practice of law, in violation
of Fla. Stat. § 454.23, and making false official statements, in violation of Fla. Stat.
§ 837.06, in State of Florida v. Anthony Williams, Case No. 15-14566 CF 10A, in the
Seventeenth Judicial Circuit in and for Broward County, Florida (collectively “the
Unauthorized Practice of Law Conviction”).
III. Other Issues Related to Florida Convictions
As to the Grand Theft Conviction and the Unauthorized Practice of Law
Conviction, Defendant argues that it is fundamentally unfair to admit such evidence
because this Court has previously ruled that Defendant is not permitted to call witnesses
to testify regarding services that Defendant and his entities, including Mortgage
Enterprise Investments (“MEI”) and Common Law Office of America (“CLOA”),
rendered to clients in other states, including Florida. Defendant proposed to present such
testimony to establish that his mortgage reduction system was effective in other states;
Defendant did not propose such testimony to establish that either the Grand Theft
Conviction or the Unauthorized Practice of Law Conviction was erroneous or illegally
obtained. If any portion of either the Grand Theft Conviction or the Unauthorized
Practice of Law Conviction was overturned or invalidated, Defendant has the opportunity
to present court documents or records to that effect. Moreover, Defendant has presented
his own testimony regarding the asserted effectiveness of his mortgage reduction system
in other states. This Court therefore rejects Defendant’s argument that admission of
evidence regarding the Grand Theft Conviction and the Unauthorized Practice of Law
Conviction is unfair in light of the exclusion of witnesses regarding Defendant’s clients
outside of Hawai`i. This Court reaffirms its prior rulings excluding the testimony of
witnesses regarding Defendant’s clients outside of Hawai`i.
IV. Hawai`i Injunction
Provided that the proper evidentiary foundation is laid, the Government will also
be permitted to introduce evidence during its rebuttal case regarding the permanent
injunction in State of Hawai`i v. Anthony Williams, et al., Civil No. 13-1-2484, filed in
the State of Hawai`i First Circuit Court, enjoining Defendant from, inter alia, offering
legal services. See Gov’t Tr. Exh. 862. The conduct described in the injunction
document is inextricably intertwined with the conduct that forms the basis of the charges
against Defendant in the instant case. While evidence
regarding the permanent injunction will have some prejudicial effect on Defendant, it is
substantially outweighed by the probative value of the evidence.
V. Tax Evidence
Finally, the Government will be permitted to cross-examine Defendant and
introduce evidence, provided that the proper evidentiary foundation is laid, regarding
Defendant’s failure to pay income taxes on what Defendant has asserted are legitimate
payments for services provided by Defendant, MEI, or CLOA. Such evidence is relevant
to relevant to Defendant’s treatment of funds collected from the persons the Government
has characterized as Defendant’s victims in this case. Although Defendant is not charged
with tax fraud or tax evasion in the instant case, the purported failure to pay the
appropriate taxes is inextricably intertwined with the conduct that forms the basis
of the charges against him. Further, any prejudicial effect of such evidence on Defendant is
substantially outweighed by the probative value of the evidence.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

You know its never a good thing when you read:
testimony...
It brings to mind the maxim about attorneys having fools for clients when they represent themselves.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ouch, not only does the prosecution get to cross him on all is previous criminal convictions [the US Attorney's office thanks you Punk A-- General], but will get to bring up that he's been engaging in tax evasion too....I'm sure the IRS will be looking into this now, and I'll sure as hell drop a dime to them when ever a relevant doc is filed in this case about it. :whistle:

:haha:

Good work Tony, your trial is going as well as your previous ones....
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pm You know its never a good thing when you read:
testimony...
It brings to mind the maxim about attorneys having fools for clients when they represent themselves.
... and scoundrels for attorneys.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:26 pm Ouch, not only does the prosecution get to cross him on all is previous criminal convictions [the US Attorney's office thanks you Punk A-- General], but will get to bring up that he's been engaging in tax evasion too....I'm sure the IRS will be looking into this now, and I'll sure as hell drop a dime to them when ever a relevant doc is filed in this case about it. :whistle:

:haha:

Good work Tony, your trial is going as well as your previous ones....
Reading here and elsewhere, I'll occasionally see a positive comment as to this asshat's intelligence. Maybe I'm missing something . . .
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
notorial dissent

Mostly damning with faint praise. In comparison to some of the bright lights we encounter he is marginally smarter, but that isn't saying much. His biggest fail is that he very much likes to hear the sound of his own voice. That is quite simple how he got all his prior convictions entered in to the court. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and stuck to the HI matters he might have come off a little better, although I doubt by much.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm Mostly damning with faint praise. In comparison to some of the bright lights we encounter he is marginally smarter, but that isn't saying much. His biggest fail is that he very much likes to hear the sound of his own voice. That is quite simple how he got all his prior convictions entered in to the court. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and stuck to the HI matters he might have come off a little better, although I doubt by much.
He has an issue with what I assume is a learned behavior of his that causes him to really dig himself deeper in court: he always has to bloviate. My guess is this was a key part of his scams for a long time, long winded empty promises and enormous heaps of self praise work wonders with the uneducated and desperate. Then he finds himself in the opposite situation; where he's he's least educated man in the room and zero power over the situation but he can't fight his instinct. I've got to wonder how many con-men manage to stay on the street longer just because they have the advantage of an ounce of self control and enough awareness to know when the jig is up.
notorial dissent

Baidn wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:54 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm Mostly damning with faint praise. In comparison to some of the bright lights we encounter he is marginally smarter, but that isn't saying much. His biggest fail is that he very much likes to hear the sound of his own voice. That is quite simple how he got all his prior convictions entered in to the court. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and stuck to the HI matters he might have come off a little better, although I doubt by much.
He has an issue with what I assume is a learned behavior of his that causes him to really dig himself deeper in court: he always has to bloviate. My guess is this was a key part of his scams for a long time, long winded empty promises and enormous heaps of self praise work wonders with the uneducated and desperate. Then he finds himself in the opposite situation; where he's he's least educated man in the room and zero power over the situation but he can't fight his instinct. I've got to wonder how many con-men manage to stay on the street longer just because they have the advantage of an ounce of self control and enough awareness to know when the jig is up.
Pretty much spot on from what I can see. Basically he's too fond of the sound of his own voice.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

PACER:
929 - EP: (AMENDED) re 926 Further Jury Trial - 12th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/24/2020.
Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams present in custody.

Preliminary matters heard outside of the presence of the Jury.

Colloquy with Pro se Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams regarding testifying.

Discussion held.

Defendant Witnesses:
13) Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams (D..)

2127, 2113, 2172, 2130, 2131, 2161 (pages 12-21), *2164 (pages 12-21 previously admitted), 2114 (pages 9-10), 2057 (pages 21-29), 2128, 2129, 2077 (pages 29-30), 2081 (pages 3-4), ** (pages 1-4), 2086 (pages 1-6), 2083 (pages 3-4), 2099 (pages 24-25), 2093 (pages 25-62), 2080, 2079 (page 1), 2198, **2184

Discussion held.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams remanded to the Custody of the U.S. Marshal Service.

Further Jury Trial - Day 13, SET for February 25, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. before Honorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.
928 - EXHIBIT LISTby USA as to Anthony T. Williams. (Yates, Gregg) (Entered: 02/25/2020)
930 - EXHIBIT LISTby USA as to Anthony T. Williams. (Yates, Gregg) (Entered: 02/25/2020)
931 - EP: Further Jury Trial - 13th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/25/2020. Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams present in custody.

Defendant Witnesses:
13) Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams (...D, C, )

2143, 2203, 2119, 2134, 2136, 2176, 2181, 2132, 2182, 2092, 2141, 2105 (page 1 only), 2094, 2170,

901, 812, 818, 865, 866, 863

Jury instructed regarding defendants prior convictions.

Further Jury Trial - Day 14, SET for February 26, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. before Honorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

Should be wrapping up today right, or is there going to be an additional day for closing arguments?
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Baidn wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm Should be wrapping up today right, or is there going to be an additional day for closing arguments?
That's my impression, but I could be wrong.