Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by ScottComstock »

Both the government and ATW have rested. Looks like deliberations start Monday, unless I'm misinterpreting something (and not being a lawyer I very well could be):
932 - EP : Further Jury Trial - 14th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/26/2020. Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams present in custody.

12 Jurors and 2 Alternates present.

Defendant Witnesses:
13) Defendant, (01) Anthony T. Williams (...C, RD)

Defendant's Exhibits Admitted:
2232, 2233, 2234, 2087 (pages: 9-11, 12, 13-21, 25-33), 2028

Government's Exhibits Admitted:
873, 872, 868, 801, 821, 822

Defense Rests. Defense objections noted for the record. Government presents rebuttal witnesses.

Government's Rebuttal Witnesses:
1) James Spota (D, C)
2) Laurice Otsuka (D, C)

Government Rests. Jury excused for the day at 2:10 p.m.

Discussion held regarding Jury instructions, verdict form, redacted Indictment and procedures for closing arguments.

Any objections by the parties to the proposed Jury Instructions, Verdict form or redacted Indictment are to be submitted by 12 Noon on Thursday 2/27/2020.

Defendant's Oral Motion for Judgment of Acquittal to be refiled for consideration. Noted.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams remanded to the Custody of the U.S. Marshal Service.

Further Jury Trial - Day 15, SET for Monday March 2, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. before Honorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.
933 - EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Anthony T. Williams. (Yates, Gregg)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yeah, looks like closing arguments on Mon and then to the jury.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Doubt the jury takes more than 15 minutes to decide.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

On PACER this morning:
935 - EO: COURT ORDER GRANTING DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL TIME TO REVIEW THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIAL VERDICT FORM as to (01) Anthony T. Williams:

On February 26, 2020, the parties were instructed to inform this Court by 12:00 p.m. on February 27, 2020 whether they proposed any changes to either the jury instructions or the special verdict form. On February 27, 2020, pro se Defendant Anthony T. Williams, through his stand-by counsel, requested a one-day extension of that deadline. Plaintiff the United States of America ("the Government") has not requested a similar extension, nor has it informed this Court of its position on Defendant's request.

Defendant's request is HEREBY GRANTED. Defendant's deadline to inform the Court of his proposed changes is EXTENDED to Friday, February 28, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. The Government's deadline remains unchanged.

The parties are REMINDED that these changes must be limited to typographical, stylistic, and other non-substantive changes. The parties have already been given the opportunity to propose substantive changes and/or additions to the jury instructions and special verdict form. Those matters have been previously discussed and ruled upon on the record. See Minutes, filed 2/21/20 (dkt. no. 924 ).

IT IS SO ORDERED. ( JUDGE LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Wanna bet that the Private Attorney General will waste more reams of paper as he ignores the Court's limits, and once again tries to relitigate issues already disposed of?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

I don't actually think he'll get the chance at least in this trial. From the most recent reading it seems the judge is out of patience and thus is unlikely to allow any more foolishness to be submitted. I have no doubt he will attempt to "instruct" the jury that they have no choice but to find him innocent; most likely via the Parsons method of claiming his crimes weren't actually crimes, both in the instructions and his closing arguments. However at this point I think everyone's fed up with him and he will at best end up with dismissed proposed instructions and sitting down pouting after numerous upheld objections or at worst have himself physically removed after repeated outburst and lies during his closing arguments.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Agreed; but when have the court's instructions ever been listened to by Williams?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:48 pm Agreed; but when have the court's instructions ever been listened to by Williams?
This is why I'm leaning towards him being removed and watching his verdict on tv from a side room. Also about 98% sure that if that is what happens we can expect a phone call to poor Rudy within the week with something like "Maaaan they was so scared of me right that they wouldn't even let be in the ROOM! Can you belibe that? They was so scared, and they knew they had to just like intimidate the jury or they'd find me not guilty right, they was so scared they wouldn't even let me talk or be in the same ROOM as the jury at the end of the trial. Can you belibe that?!? They are so scared of me, of the troof that I got exposing this fraud and corruption that they got to do whatever they can to make sure they lock me up". With of course the lickspittle response of "My God I cannot believe how corrupt this court is! How DARE THEY not let you tell the jury that you're being framed and they need to find you not guilty. HOW DARE THEY?!? I tell ya man they must be really j just terrified of how incredibly knowledgeable you are and how intelligent and I hope theres a special place in HELL for every member of the jury. I cannot believe this."

My only regret is that poor Rudy will never get the chance to "refinance" his property through Mr Williams miracle system and wind up penniless(er) on the street while Williams rots in prison, fates they each richly deserve.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Baidn wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pmHow DARE THEY not let you tell the jury that you're being framed
Actually, "they" need to let Williams argue that if he wishes. And, since he's pro se, "they" need to give him some latitude in how he phrases it. The various permutations are too many to discuss.
and they need to find you not guilty.
He can definitely argue that, with even more latitude in phrasing.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

wserra wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Baidn wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pmHow DARE THEY not let you tell the jury that you're being framed
Actually, "they" need to let Williams argue that if he wishes. And, since he's pro se, "they" need to give him some latitude in how he phrases it. The various permutations are too many to discuss.
I wasn't referring to the actual rights or leniency owed to a pro se defendant, only a very summarized version of the rants of poor Rudy. To refer again to another case I was using as reference to similar outcome: Mr Parsons was within his rights to argue to the jury that he was behaving perfectly reasonably to trespass onto someone else's property and hold two neighbors at gunpoint, while obviously no one in the jury believed this to be a reasonable and appropriate action Parsons and Rudy in their interactions merely ignore that the poorly thought out argument was made at all and pretend that a more convenient scenario of the Judge being unfair and unreasonably restricting Parsons arguments took place. This is the situation that I was pointing out as likely to occur again, if Williams presents a patently ridiculous argument as is very likely; he will insist as he did before that the jury was intimidated/rigged or that he was silenced even if he was allowed to say anything he wants. Rudy for his part will insist that every misstep by Williams was clearly the result of a corrupt justice system, the "they" in question from Rudy's standpoint.
Last edited by Gregg on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uncorrected the autocorrect
wserra

Post by wserra »

OK, I understand. You were discussing reality as filtered through both Williams and Davis. Since filtering reality through either of them results in fantasy, filtering it through both probably creates a new dimension.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Just noticed how simple the transition is "pro se" ==> "prose" ==> "prosy"

Simple and usually appropriate
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:12 pm
At conclusion he is certainly allowed to argue that he's innocent, being framed, aliens impersonated, but the big drawback to that is it gives the prosecution more material to work with, and lord knows they has lots at this point. Shutting up would probably been his best defense, such little as it was, and we knew that wasn't going to happen. I 'm pretty sure he did a lot to prove the prosecution's case.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Here are this week's documents. Sealed stuff not included, links to my server.
923 - FIFTH AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by Anthony T. Williams.
924 - EP: Status Conference - DJ as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/21/2020.
925 - EP: (AMENDED) re 865 Jury Selection/Trial as to the (01) Anthony T. Williams held 2/3/2020. Defendant Anthony T. Williams present, in custody.
926 - EP: Further Jury Trial 12th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/24/2020.
927 - EO: COURT ORDER REGARDING CROSS-EXAMINATION OF DEFENDANT AND THE GOVERNMENT'S REBUTTAL CASE as to (01) Anthony T. Williams
928 - AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
929 - EP: (AMENDED) re 926 Further Jury Trial - 12th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/24/2020.
930 - AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
931 - EP: Further Jury Trial - 13th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/25/2020.
932 - EP: Further Jury Trial - 14th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 2/26/2020.
933 - AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Anthony T. Williams.
934 - EP: (AMENDED) re 932 Further Jury Trial - 14th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held.
935 - EO: COURT ORDER GRANTING DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL TIME TO REVIEW THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIAL VERDICT FORM as to (01) Anthony T. Williams
936 - Proposed Jury Instructions by Anthony T. Williams. (Attachments: # 1 Declaration of Counsel, # 2 Exhibit "A" - "D", # 3 Certificate of Service)
937 - Email Correspondence from Gregg Paris Yates, AUSA regarding Government's comments on the revised/updated Jury Instructions as to (01) Anthony T. Williams.
938 - EO: COURT ORDER REGARDING DEFENDANT'S FEBRUARY 28, 2020 FILING as to (01) Anthony T. Williams re 936 . IT IS SO ORDERED. (JUDGE LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI)
No further activity on Anabel Cabebe or Barbara Williams.
notorial dissent

Not a good week rulingwise for ATW. He will pout.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Deliberations are under way.
939 - JURY INSTRUCTIONS as to (01) Anthony T. Williams - by JUDGE LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI dated 3/2/2020.
940 - EO: ORDER DENYING RENEWED MOTION FOR JUDGMENT OF ACQUITTAL as to (01) Anthony T. Williams re 934 . ITS IS SO ORDERED. (JUDGE LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI)
941 - EP : Further Jury Trial - 15th day as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 3/2/2020. Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams present in custody.

Defendant objects to specific sections of the Government's power point presentation; Defendant Objection Noted for the record.

12 Jurors and 2 Alternates present. Court instructs the Jurors.

No additional objections to the form, manner or order in which the instructions were read. Closing arguments heard by the parties.

2 Alternate jurors excused.

Bailiffs sworn. 1:26 PM - Jurors retire to deliberate.

Court approves the payment of lunch for the jurors during deliberations.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams remanded to the Custody of the U.S. Marshal Service.

Further Jury Deliberation Day 2, SET for Tuesday March 3, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. before Honorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Shouldn't be long now...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

They shoulda decided after lunch. These people are clearly delaying the verdict to grift a second round of sandwiches.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

I'm genuinely surprised it's taken more than one day (or even one hour) to decide this one. I wonder if there's an obstinate juror trying to nullify that snuck in or Williams actually managed to muddy the waters.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Late update. Looks like ATW failed to prosecute his appeal of the denial to allow William Wagener to film his trial.
942 - ORDER of USCA as to (01) Anthony T. Williams re 696 Notice of Appeal - Interlocutory, USCA NO. 19-10435:
On December 24, 2019, and January 30, 2020, this court ordered appellant, within 21 days, to move for voluntary dismissal of the appeal or show cause why the appeal should not be dismissed for lack of an appealable order.
Appellant was warned that failure to comply with the court's orders would result in the automatic dismissal of the appeal by the Clerk for failure to prosecute. To date, appellant has not complied with the court's orders. Accordingly, this appeal is dismissed for failure to prosecute. See 9th Cir. R. 42-1 ; 9th Cir. Gen. Order 2.3.
This order served on the district court will, 21 days after the date of the order, act as the mandate of this court.