Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by exiledscouser »

Looks like the end is coming. White’s “Down with CT and everything” FB page shows a letter from some debt company seeking repossession of Casa Crab.

It concludes that this matter is being kicked up to High Court Enforcement Officers who will visit without notice to turf you out. Expect them to call any time from the 10th March onward. Crabbie views this as a “begging letter”.

Apart from the extraordinary length of time it’s taken to get to this stage, finally some action. I know that plod reads his posts and will no doubt appraise the HCE crew. Roland Ford who’s a Spritely 67 will be there to film everything for us so it should be time for pale ale and popcorn.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I view it as a "warning letter". Get out on your own, or we will ask for permission to broom you out, without notice, on or after the 10th.

It would be almost worth flying over to the UK to watch, if I could know the time. Hell, if I had the right to live in the UK, I wouldn't mind having the place myself -- a short walk from the ocean and the River Medway, with Dover, Calais, Canterbury and London an easy journey away.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Is he legally a trespasser or squatter now, having been evicted once and regain8ng entry by breaking in?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The process being used to evict him is a Warrant of Restitution, where the bank asks the court to issue a warrant allowing the property to be returned to it. Whoever is in the property is evicted on execution of the warrant. So Crabby isn't being evicted as a squatter or trespasser, but as a party in occupation of a property which the court has ordered should be restored to the bank. The bank has legal (albeit not actual at this moment) possession of the property.

Here's Crabby's latest post from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 822200227/

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

This feels like the "Baron" David Ward eviction all over again. Lots of bluster and veiled threats, by someone who doesn't seem remotely capable of delivering on them. At least Crab For Brains managed to raise one supporter.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I am willing to pledge £1 or 1,000,000,000,000,000 Re, whichever is greater at the time at City of London exchanges, towards underwriting Ken Thompson to sit outside the place from 6 AM on 10th March for the duration. I want full coverage of this fiasco, with expert opinion, color commentary and slow motion instant replays of the highlights.

Who's with me?

How many zeros go into a gazongazillion?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Stupid is as stupid does.
Robert White

Got this in an email today concerning council tax.

For starters the first address is not an address connected to the address concerned, so I'm not sure what's going on there apart from incompetence by the council.4

Apparently my home is exempt class L, mortgagee in possession, more incompetence.

Class L - Mortgagee in possession.

Property must be unoccupied but need not be unfurnished and must have been repossessed by the mortgagee (the lender of money).

So what the council are saying is the mortgage company in repossession are exempt from paying council tax while they manage the property. Now that doesn't seem very fair does it, when you think about all those people that genuinely cannot afford to pay for whatever reasons?

This might give people a few ideas have a read.😉
It has still not occurred to him that whilst he may be physically in the property, he does not own it anymore. :roll:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I must say I still don't follow why he's not a trespasser or squatter. He was evicted over a year ago, and presumably at that point the property could be considered handed over to the bank, all in compliance with the 2018 order. He later made forced entry to the property and has remained there. So I don't see why that's any different to some other unconnected person breaking into an empty property. How is it different from Wrecker for example?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

How is it different from Wrecker for example?
Because Wrecka wasn't evicted as a result of mortgage possession proceedings. Wrecka was evicted under an order for sale to enforce a charging order on her property which secured a judgment debt for the costs awarded against her in the legal battle with her neighbour.

In Crabby's case, there's a specific process NatWest must follow as a mortgagee in possession to apply for a Warrant of Restitution where an evicted former owner/occupant breaks in following execution of a possession order in mortgage possession proceedings.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

mufc1959 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:31 pm
How is it different from Wrecker for example?
Because Wrecka wasn't evicted as a result of mortgage possession proceedings. Wrecka was evicted under an order for sale to enforce a charging order on her property which secured a judgment debt for the costs awarded against her in the legal battle with her neighbour.

In Crabby's case, there's a specific process NatWest must follow as a mortgagee in possession to apply for a Warrant of Restitution where an evicted former owner/occupant breaks in following execution of a possession order in mortgage possession proceedings.
And when I rule the world 🌎, that specific process will involve liberal use of pepper spray, tasers and heavy blunt objects.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

He's been quiet since he sent out an 'urgent' message...
Could he have felt the long arm of the law???
(hope springs eternal lol)
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm guessing the number of brave volunteers will be somewhere between zero and the square root of bugger all.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

It's unlikely to be the eviction because HCEOs, unlike County Court Bailiffs, don't give notice of when they're going to call.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

longdog wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:46 pm I'm guessing the number of brave volunteers will be somewhere between zero and the square root of bugger all.
That is entirely possible, but it's probably because the library is open today and they've all gone to change their books. Wouldn't want to risk a fine for being overdue, would you? :snicker:

ThRambler
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm going to try to get Auntie Beeb on my shortwave radio, in a short while. After all, a history-changing and paradigm-altering event, such as Crabbie is promising us, will certainly be the lead story.... :D
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

mufc1959 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm It's unlikely to be the eviction because HCEOs, unlike County Court Bailiffs, don't give notice of when they're going to call.
They don't tend to call on Sundays anyway.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:20 pm They don't tend to call on Sundays anyway.
Ah but ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 345262208/
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

It's listed for auction tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if that goes ahead now.

https://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk ... 20/208447/
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Crabby recently posted a letter he'd received from the council confirming that the property he reoccupied is classified as 'L' for council tax, meaning that the mortgagee in possession is exempt from paying council tax on it. He is, naturally, outraged at this.

The letter was sent, not to Crabby's old property which he's illegally occupying (29 Park Rd, Sheerness), but to another address (205 Kent Ave, Minster-on-Sea) which a bit of Googling reveals to be social housing. Crabby claimed it must have been a mix-up by the council but could it be that Crabby has somehow managed to secure himself a council house?

hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

HardyW wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:28 pm
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:20 pm They don't tend to call on Sundays anyway.
Ah but ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 345262208/
Screen shot for those that are blocked...?