Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by John Uskglass »

If his account is anywhere near accurate, the police were ignorant of the law (or couldn't be arsed to enforce it).

HMG advice is pretty clear -
Squatting is when someone deliberately enters property without permission and lives there, or intends to live there. This is sometimes known as ‘adverse possession’.

Squatting in residential buildings (like a house or flat) is illegal. It can lead to 6 months in prison, a £5,000 fine or both.
https://www.gov.uk/squatting-law
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

It's a public group, so you can just use a different browser where you're not logged into Facebook. That's what I do, I was blocked from there a long while ago.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Usual brilliant FOTL move then, make sure the value of the property is severely reduced before it sells at auction.
(I'm betting this was a last minute cock-up / panic before the auction. Is it empty? Oh er, shit. Quick, send someone round.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The house is uninhabitable
So a very marginal improvement on Dismal Dave’s sit-in at Glastonbury Town Hall (until chased out by the caretaker) but I can’t see that much if anything has been achieved. The property is empty and secured as it was before Crabby’s visit.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

By the way I hear Ted is the brains of the outfit.

The property sold at auction in any event.
https://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk ... A-1g0aA6mU
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:45 pm The property sold at auction in any event.
All that happened is that the mortgagee's security firm took their eye off the ball for a few hours. But now it has been sold, it is once again a domestic dwelling and occupation is criminal. This will still take time to work its way through the courts but the outcome is inevitable.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

He's got away for so long he's confident he can do this sort of stuff with impunity. Even to the extent of publishing video showing a clearly recognisable Crab breaking his way in with a crowbar.
https://prnt.sc/re2slp
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Clearly breaking and entering.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Man, what wouldn’t I give to be a fly on the wall over there right now.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I haven't really watched the video to confirm, but some of the comments suggest it was more a brief visit rather than actually taking back the property ..
Simon Pinnock question, how have thay taken back the property when the cops are making them put the shutters back on.
Robert White Simon Pinnock there's a good reason why we done what we done, it was to show people there's nothing to fear when you stand up to them.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 pm
Robert White Simon Pinnock there's a good reason why we done what we done, it was to show people there's nothing to fear when you stand up to them.[/i]
Ah... This will be the same principle that was at work when David "Smack-Rat" Robinson and his legally lawful webbels seized Glastonbury Town Hall while it was open and surrendered it only once their demands were met or the cleaning lady arrived and said "Oim sure you are all standing under magnum whatever moi luvver but oi 'ave work to do so youm can all bugger off"... Whichever came first.

I did like this reply on one of his call to arms posts...
Jon Whiteford Give me a few weeks, waiting for my door supervisor licence, then you will have free security.

I would also be willing to help out in the BCP con-cil area
I would imagine he would soon be applying to the Kommon Lore Klown Kort to have his licence restored if he gets involved with this crap... Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.

But anyway... Back to this symbolic victory... I feel a Python song coming on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

longdog wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:53 pm
Jon Whiteford wrote: Give me a few weeks, waiting for my door supervisor licence, then you will have free security.

I would also be willing to help out in the BCP con-cil area
For those unfamiliar, BCP is Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole, not known for being adjacent to North Kent where our bankrupt debtor had all his borrow-to-buy-to-let properties.
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

He won't have his licence long if he starts trying to play security in another companies property LOL

(I did have to laugh at this from the auction site)
"Note:
Due to the internal condition of the property no viewings will be conducted. "
In other words, it's a trashed dump...
That will REALLY encourage buyers to jump the price up.... NOT....
:haha:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'll give ya thirty quid for the place. No questions asked.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

I actually bothered to look up the prices in the area and found this
What's the average house price in CT11 0AQ?

The average price for property in CT11 0AQ stood at £202,653 in March 2020. This is a rise of 0.52% in the last three months (since December 2019) and fall of 0.59% since 12 months ago. In terms of property types, flats in CT11 0AQ sold for an average of £152,385 and terraced houses for £202,653
His place on the other hand...
So was sold for less than the price of the average flat, and well under the market price for a similar house... 50 thousand quid less in fact...

One of the problems of having belligerent ex owners and illegal squatters breaking into the place and having 24hr security and steel shutters on it, is that buyers tend to be put off by such things, driving down the final sale price...
(plus the fact that they wouldn't even give showings of the interior means they wrecked the place...)
Accommodation:
The auctioneers were unable to inspect the property at the time of print. It is understood that the property comprises 2 bedroom accommodation. Purchasers are deemed to rely upon their own enquiries and inspections as to the internal layout of the property.

EPC Rating: To be confirmed.

Note:
Due to the internal condition of the property no viewings will be conducted.
Statements like this don't tend to inspire buyers to spend top dollar...

'IF' the original owner still had some equity in it, then they would have lost it for sure, if they managed to drive the price down that far that the price gotten at auction didn't fully cover the amount owed, then they would still be on the hook to pay the remainder off still (this would be up to the company involved whether it was worth their while to pursue it)

What a win for Crabby and his ilk....
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Early in their marriage (some time ago now) when they escaped rented places my brother and his wife bought a repossessed place which had been trashed and they had to do (or if a particular job needed a professional's touch have it done) a LOT of work on it.

That said, if someone loses their job and are out of work for a while and miss a number of payments it wouldn't take long to run into problems with the mortgage. Not that that would excuse FLER-tomfoolery. I don't remember the outcome but there were a couple in the UK who took a bank to court when they ran into difficulty with a buy-to-let property. Their argument was that the bank (or more correctly the bank's representative) should have warned them that the idea wasn't really a good idea. That wasn't freedom on the land stuff though and as I say I don't remember the outcome.

Some folk I know had some neighbours who did the proverbial midnight flit several years ago. The couple I know had only moved into that neighbourhood recently and didn't really know their neighbours so weren't able to help when the police came asking about a forwarding address for the absconders.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:35 am That said, if someone loses their job and are out of work for a while and miss a number of payments it wouldn't take long to run into problems with the mortgage.
It doesn't take long to "run into problems" BUT English law gives you wide latitude before an actual repossession is granted on a residential property that is your primary residence, especially if there are children living there. More than enough time to organise an orderly sale or renegotiate with the mortgage company or have an interest only holiday during a period of claiming universal credit. Been there done it. Buy-to-Let is a completely different matter. That is a pure commercial proposition.

My previous house had been completely trashed by the occupants. Removed ceiling tiles and floorboards and demolished the stairs, as well as spraying an epithet aimed at the Halifax on the living room wall. I was given a set of photographs (after I'd bought it!) by the couple who had bought it cheap and done it up (he was a carpenter) showing the damage that had been caused and fixed. I felt it only right and proper to pass the photos to the couple who bought it off me as a sort of property history heirloom.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

One good thing about these fire-sale trashed properties is that they are often bought by people who are not overly worried by the legal niceties of removing deadbeats like Crabbert from the premises. They just send their mates Mr Knuckles and Mr O'Violence round under cover of darkness to "suggest" to the people inside that they might want to depart in a peaceful manner in the next five seconds.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Robert White

Latest eviction attempt/threat update.

Right we’re back on RED ALERT from now full lockdown.

As soon as Court Enforcement Services Ltd turn up we’ll let people know and record everything. We’re ready and waiting and looking forward to it, it’s like waiting to go on holiday.😎
Yeah Bob... You keep kidding yourself that being barricaded in a house waiting to be thrown out into the gutter is like waiting to go on holiday. :snicker:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I think someone like Crabby will never "Abandon" his castle. They will keep removing him, and he will keep returning. I don't think any type of court order will keep him away. Even if he gets locked up for breaching an order, he is the type of guy with nothing more to lose, that will just keep returning. The place will likely be inhabited by his ghost, after he dies, if those such things existed.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.