Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:28 pm
I believe he's planning to pour concrete down the stopcock hole.
Seeing as how the water company are just asking if the supply is being used, and you can't have your water supply cut off for non-payment, that seems like more grandstanding.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... ater-bill/

I rather suspect that damaging the water companies property is likely to get you into more trouble than just not paying, but unfortunately the way the chips have fallen means that White believes he's untouchable.
Water companies cannot cut off the supply to an occupied domestic property but they can disconnect an unoccupied property. If he wants to pretend the property is unoccupied then the water company can do the same thing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Twas it up to me, if someone were to pour concrete in the cutoff hole, I would have the hole dug out, the line physically disconnected as it would have to be anyhow, and not connect it back until a new customer was signed up.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
woodworker
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

crab bait

Post by woodworker »

I finally caught up. And this asshole is still trespassing, etc. Question from a California lawyer to the UK solicitors. If the house was sold at auction, (1) does the prior writ or restitution lapse and is a new one required for the new owners (assuming that the bank did not buy it at auction) and (2) if he is trespassing on the new owner's property, can't the new owner just hire some large strong bodies to physically turf him out?
longdog

Post by longdog »

For your first question.... If the new owner is a "protected intending occupier", which would certainly include somebody who wants to live there and certain others in certain cases, they can force entry and physically remove him or, if he wants to be a prat about it, get the cops to do it for them and arrest him under the public order act.

As to the second question the answer is they don't need to hire anybody. The cops will do it for them (see above).

Basically if you are the owner of a house and want to live it it people like Crabbert are treated exactly the same as any other trespasser and can be removed. He has no right to be there and can be removed without any court action being needed. Crabbert meet gutter. Gutter meet Crabbert.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:21 pm For your first question.... If the new owner is a "protected intending occupier", which would certainly include somebody who wants to live there and certain others in certain cases, they can force entry and physically remove him or, if he wants to be a prat about it, get the cops to do it for them and arrest him under the public order act.

As to the second question the answer is they don't need to hire anybody. The cops will do it for them (see above).

Basically if you are the owner of a house and want to live it it people like Crabbert are treated exactly the same as any other trespasser and can be removed. He has no right to be there and can be removed without any court action being needed. Crabbert meet gutter. Gutter meet Crabbert.
This is true, but Crabbie lucked out.

The house hasn't been auctioned yet so there is no intended occupier; there is the matter of his court case which you got the idea the bank were waiting to happen and only moved again for a new writ when the mistrial occurred; and he's very unlikely to be evicted during lockdown.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Yes, the house is still officially in the legal possession of NatWest, but in the physical possession of Crabby. At the tail end of 2019 the bank applied for, and was granted, a Warrant of Restitution (to restore the house back to its physical possession).

County Court Bailiffs turned up in early December after giving the required notice, and of course, they knew they wouldn't be able to take possession that day. It was a strategy by the bank so that the Warrant could then be transferred to the High Court, where their Enforcement Officers do not have to give notice of any intended eviction.

Just before lockdown Crabby received notification that this was now with the HCEOs, leaving him in a state of high alert, as he didn't know when they'd be turning up. But then the coronavirus situation arose, and there will be no eviction for the foreseeable future.

Once things are open for business again, I'm guessing Crabby will be a priority. Mortgage lenders are not, as borrowers think, completely heartless bastards. They do their best to help people stay in their homes, particularly where financial difficulties look to be short-term, or where there are particular vulnerabilities where possession would have to be the very last resort.

But for the likes of Crabby, deliberately antagonistic, refusing to pay - he will be near the top of the list once evictions begin again.
TBL

Post by TBL »

And I doubt there are many home sales occurring right now. So, obtaining possession immediately really doesn't buy them much.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

According to the man, the Crab Bait can has been kicked down the road for another year ...
Had a further case management hearing with the judge and CPS by phone this morning. I was reminded once again of the statutory prohibition on recording/broadcasting of any such hearing and that breach amounts to a criminal offence, so I can’t go into any details of what was said. A new trial date has now been set for the 1st March 2021, that will be just over 2 years from the alleged offence before I get justice. So be it, I won’t be giving up. To be continued once again sometime in the future.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 799681662/
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Recording and broadcasting pre-trail hearings is contempt of court...

However, pre-trial hearing themselves are not un-reportable and are normally held in open court. He is perfectly at liberty to factually report the substance of the hearing, just not use a recording device.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Do we have any confidence he can do that without a recording?😝 :sarcasmon:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:59 pm Recording and broadcasting pre-trail hearings is contempt of court...

However, pre-trial hearing themselves are not un-reportable and are normally held in open court. He is perfectly at liberty to factually report the substance of the hearing, just not use a recording device.
I've been through that issue in my trial reporting. In one court hearing the defense lawyer, cross-examining a witness, told him to be careful of his answers because a spectator was recording everything. The judge immediately stopped proceedings and asked me if I was recording the trial. I held up my notepad and the judge told the lawyer to resume cross.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

He's 'fortifying' the front door (how about the back door, windows etc)
Few disturbing remarks about hooking it to the main fusebox got thumbs up and likes
:evil:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

That is presumably the back door. It looks like the kitchen. It isn't going to matter what he does because the Police will come with something to gain access. Also wiring it up is illegal however you go about it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And it shows that Robert's ego is more important to him than understanding the need to keep his ideas to himself. Does he really think that the police are not viewing that Facebook page and any other place on the 'Net where he has posted?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I see the metal supports are hollow and have nice big holes for added lightness. It may slow them down, but a solid bar it is not. I know the box shape will give it some strength, but I don't think it will hold up to a prolonged battering, or a plasma cutter.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Crabbie ought to hope that his house does not catch fire, and that he isn't killed because he can't escape the prison which he has built for himself.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:51 pm I see the metal supports are hollow and have nice big holes for added lightness. It may slow them down, but a solid bar it is not. I know the box shape will give it some strength, but I don't think it will hold up to a prolonged battering, or a plasma cutter.
That looks like the galvanised steel that's used for general purpose hanging things from other things in industrial settings. It's very strong and I suspect you'd have to take the door frame out of the wall to get in. That having been said a house that age will probably have the frame anchored only at the sides and perhaps the bottom into blockwork as the top will be a steel lintel.

It would take a bit of battering but unlikely to last more than a minute or two at best. In the great scheme of things there's very little short of armour plate that can withstand an onslaught from a sledgehammer.

I wonder if there are any laws that specifically say the bank can't put something similar up on the outside and wait for the call... "Mr White you say? Of Sheerness you say? Oh... I'm sorry if our operatives have inadvertently sealed you into our house... I'll have somebody round to let you out within the next 48 to 72 hours".
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

If that was on his "Council Tax & many more gov.acts are Unlawful - Let's fight back" Facebook page, it looks as if he's deleted it.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

mufc1959 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:35 pm If that was on his "Council Tax & many more gov.acts are Unlawful - Let's fight back" Facebook page, it looks as if he's deleted it.
No, it’s on his own page. The Council Tax one is now reserved for Covid-19 conspiracy theories, which I’m having some small amount of entertainment in reporting as False News.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm Crabbie ought to hope that his house does not catch fire, and that he isn't killed because he can't escape the prison which he has built for himself.
Does anyone have a match?