Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

FAVA
Stowaway
Stowaway

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by FAVA »

LOL

His retaining "bolts" are on the hinge side. They are not going to do much good there.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

FAVA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 am LOL

His retaining "bolts" are on the hinge side. They are not going to do much good there.
Nor does the door itself appear to be anything other than a normal residential exterior door.

A reciprocating saw would slice through that in about two minutes.

A battering ram would destroy the lock mechanism in a lot less than that.

His door will hardly even slow the cops down. They will spend far more time standing outside, shouting at him to open the door, than they will in actually gaining forcible entry.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

He now has the IP after his house as well, he's received a letter giving notice of intent to raise possession proceedings on behalf of the Trustee.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 902303285/
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Can the trustee get the NatWest possession order set aside, basically who has precedence here, the bank or the trustee? I am still surprised that the trustee didn't go after the house earlier.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm Can the trustee get the NatWest possession order set aside, basically who has precedence here, the bank or the trustee? I am still surprised that the trustee didn't go after the house earlier.
Could the Trustee go after the house whilst his wife was alive and co-owner?

I always thought paying the mortgage always came first but then again NatWest must have huge costs now that they’d want out of the equity, maybe that’s what the trustee is looking for the equity before NatWest get to apply their costs.

If the Trustee has seized all the 10 buy-to-lets I’m just surprised their sale hasn’t covered the bankruptcy costs, they must have been mortgaged to the hilt.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

AndyPandy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 pm Could the Trustee go after the house whilst his wife was alive and co-owner?
Yes, but the IP would have only got half the value.

I've wondered about this. The likely scenario is that his wife had 50% of the property at the start of his bankruptcy so it may have not been as much of an asset at that point, taking into account the bank has first dibs. However, owing to circumstances, he now has 100% so the amount of his equity after redemption and costs may be now worthwhile pursuing.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent

Then, considering of whom we speak, there is always the question of whether there was actually any recoverable equity in the house, Our Dear Little Quail may well have owed more than they will get. He strikes me as an upside down king of guy. Otherwise, their costs may well eat any equity there was to begin with, a la Wrekha.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Normal joint ownership for family houses in the UK is joint ownership of the whole property, as opposed to each person owning a specific share. I think, but stand to be corrected, that this means the whole property could be claimed to pay the debt of one of the joint owners. Like "jointly and severally" in contractual obligations.

By the way I love the way people are recommending he takes advice from Baron von Beard. Honestly sometimes that group makes Crab seem sensible.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

This seems a reasonable explanation of the system: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/new ... ommon.html
Which make me agree with the feathery one, now Crabby is sole owner, it might be worth the lender moving on repossession.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

My reading of the letter is that they either don't know that the bank has already been granted possession or that they do know and are simply staking a claim on the equity. It could be either.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

longdog wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:27 pm My reading of the letter is that they either don't know that the bank has already been granted possession or that they do know and are simply staking a claim on the equity. It could be either.
Would seem reasonable.
AnOwlCalledSage

This response to Crabbie made me laugh out loud!
Albert Semicolon Matthews are you not discharged automatic from your bankruptcy after 1 yr unless opposed
Yes. Normally you are. However...

Is someone deliberately taunting him (come on, own up if you are!), or just not aware that that the IP moved to extend it indefinitely because of the idiot's continuing refusal to cooperate!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 pm This response to Crabbie made me laugh out loud!
Albert Semicolon Matthews are you not discharged automatic from your bankruptcy after 1 yr unless opposed
Yes. Normally you are. However...

Is someone deliberately taunting him (come on, own up if you are!), or just not aware that that the IP moved to extend it indefinitely because of the idiot's continuing refusal to cooperate!
Isn't it more like when the debtor estate is settled? In Crabby's case I suspect it is far from that point, and he still has a few assets left to pay the debt.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Not really. You get asked to co-operate and fill in a very long financial statement form IIRC. If you don't bother the IP will not spend any more time (=money) until you do co-operate. You remain bankrupt until you sort things out with the IP and the judiciary. If the IP thinks you are being a naughty boy they can go to court and get you to explain yourself to a judge. Not accepting the judge's "invitation" can land you with contempt of court which in turn can become a warrant for the contempt and the plod will then ensure you accept the judge's "invitation" to explain yourself.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:26 pm It would take a bit of battering but unlikely to last more than a minute or two at best. In the great scheme of things there's very little short of armour plate that can withstand an onslaught from a sledgehammer.
My first reaction was pity. Even with the time, friends and tools at Krabby's disposal, this is his best shot at a reinforced door? It's comically poor. Hasn't even considered the likelihood that they'll attach a chain and pull the door out.

More seriously, it also reveals a lacunae in Krabby's strategic vision. He's investing too much in the idea that the bailiffs and cops will enter by this particular door, rather than the 10-15 other door and window options. He's also picturing this as a prepared siege, with himself defending from the ramparts. This is very unlikely, we know from The Taking of Castle Crawford that the cops and bailiffs will prefer to arrive when he's outside the property.

We know you visit, Krabby, so please take this as sincere advice. It's not too late to reach terms and walk away with dignity to enjoy the rest of your life, there might even still be some funds remaining to help you make a new start. But if you're determined to end this in a Gotteramdung confrontation, consuming your own assets and probably your liberty too, then you need to reinforce all the other entry points too (and properly) but especially important to never leave the house again. I urge you not to follow this path though - what political or moral point is made by constructing your own jail?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Do they use Pepper Spray/CS Gas/Nerve Agent/Tactical Nuclear Devices in the UK? Can they just toss a few tear gas grenades in the window and wait while he dismantles his absurdly fortified door with a snout full of it and comes out a crying, gagging mess pissing himself in a most noble fashion?

Cause I'll pay to see that show.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:54 am Do they use Pepper Spray/CS Gas/Nerve Agent/Tactical Nuclear Devices in the UK? Can they just toss a few tear gas grenades in the window and wait while he dismantles his absurdly fortified door with a snout full of it and comes out a crying, gagging mess pissing himself in a most noble fashion?

Cause I'll pay to see that show.
So would I. Police do carry pepper spray (or something like it) but not routinely in grenade form and while I'm generally happy about that, I would make an exception in Crabbie's case.

Regrettably what's likely to happen is that if the police turn up at all, they will be under-prepared and under-equipped so that even Crabbie's half hearted attempt at securing the doors etc will defeat them or at least result in an embarrassingly long and incompetent assault before they manage to gain access.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
AnOwlCalledSage

Normal Wisdom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am Regrettably what's likely to happen is that if the police turn up at all, they will be under-prepared and under-equipped so that even Crabbie's half hearted attempt at securing the doors etc will defeat them or at least result in an embarrassingly long and incompetent assault before they manage to gain access.
Whilst the police are obliged to assist and arrest those obstructing High Court enforcement, they are not the people responsible for physically conducting it (at least not in England and Wales). If the HCEOs engaged to evict come under-prepared and ill-equipped the police are perfectly entitled to conduct a dynamic risk assessment on the spot and ask them to come back better prepared.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Police can use percussive grenades but they generally use them when apprehending terrorists, not when assisting bailiffs to remove an idiot from a squat. When this lot were arrested, the bang from one raid was so loud that locals thought there had been an earthquake. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-42410084
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I would think that a HCEO, it being the job, would in general be prepared to remove the middling level resisting squater with the tools they carry in the back of the van. If I were in charge, of course, we'd have at least a few units devoted to Crabby and his ilk, with the equipment required to remove a platoon of SAS from an underground bunker complex. I'm talking tear gas, bttering rams, full body armor, and of course Airborne Assault Dachshunds.

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.