Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by longdog »

I've been thrown out of both factions' Facebook groups without my consent. Lazarus Loonspud threw me out of the Phoenix affiliated group in spite of my putting the admins on notice of their treason and The Lioness booted me for cheating... I used evidence, facts and reality.

I got my revenge on The Lioness by booting her out of another group. Childish but entertaining :-)
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Using "evidence, facts and reality" just isn't done, shame on you. :snicker: :haha: Next thing you'll be expecting them to follow reason and logic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm Using "evidence, facts and reality" just isn't done, shame on you. :snicker: :haha: Next thing you'll be expecting them to follow reason and logic.
If they were capable of doing that they would never have thought they could avoid paying council tax, speeding fines and parking tickets by invoking a 800 year old peace treaty (which failed abysmally) between squabbling Frenchmen in the first place.

I don't expect any of the die-hard freetards will do anything but carry on living in their world where magical thinking and wanting to have their own way is more important than reality. But it might make somebody looking into it think again.

And anyway... It's fun winding them up.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

All too true, but if they're going to provide easy soft targets, well it is one them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:56 pm Just love schisms and heretics, pure comedy gold.
There's a story that in the Great Schism, the pope's emissary rode a horse into Hagia Sophia all the way up to the altar to deliver the notice excommunicating the patriarch. Anything less is just posturing.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

My late go to internet insult is
I know its not fair, Cupcake.
I've read books.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

My favourite at the moment is "Listening to you talk about <insert subject they know nothing about here> is like listening to Jade Goody talk about quantum physics".

(Note for colonials: Jade Goody was a reality TV "star" famous almost entirely for being quite spectacularly stupid, ill-educated and racist).
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 pm (Note for colonials: Jade Goody was a reality TV "star" famous almost entirely for being quite spectacularly stupid, ill-educated and racist).
True. But in retrospect it was akin to kicking a puppy. It's not the puppy's fault for shitting on the carpet.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TBL

Post by TBL »

Dunning-Kruger?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I've read books.
Reminds me of the late great Bill Hicks' 'Looks like we got a reader here' sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkdGr9JYmE

“I was in Nashville, Tennessee last year. After the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me: 'Hey, whatcha readin' for?' Isn't that the weirdest fuckin' question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading FOR? Well, goddamnit, ya stumped me! Why do I read? Well . . . hmmm...I dunno...I guess I read for a lot of reasons and the main one is so I don't end up being a fuckin' waffle waitress.”
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:59 am My late go to internet insult is
I've read books.
My personal variation: "You're just jealous because I can read [big words]."
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I've read books.
That puts you one up on our president.
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 am
I've read books.
I always love the "you think you're intelligent just because you know big words" argument.

My response is usually along the lines of "My vocabulary consists not just of "big words" but it is, in truth, a lexicon that is polysyllabic if not positively sesquipedalian. I always endeavour to eschew obfuscation however."
notorial dissent

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 am
I've read books.
As well as not having to sound them out and comprehending them on the first go.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm I always love the "you think you're intelligent just because you know big words" argument.

My response is usually along the lines of "My vocabulary consists not just of "big words" but it is, in truth, a lexicon that is polysyllabic if not positively sesquipedalian. I always endeavour to eschew obfuscation however."
I suspect most if not all of the people who accuse you of the above would have to look up sesquipedalian.
(getting further off topic - a soviet Russia joke - Why do the police go round in threes? One can read, one can write and the third is need to keep an eye on the other two dangerous intellectuals.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

MiddlesexFinn wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:20 pm
John Uskglass wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:11 pm Given their penchant for accepting just about any random conspiracy theory, I wonder if the PLD crew's heads are in danger of exploding if they read about this court case.
A man tried to steal a copy of the Magna Carta from Salisbury Cathedral using a hammer because he "doubted its authenticity", a court heard.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w ... e-51264116
The prosecutor added the defendant made comments that he should "get a medal for what he had done" and "he could have done more damage if he had a samurai sword".

Mr Welling said that Mr Royden made an "odd prepared statement" to police while smelling of alcohol and added: "It appears he is doubting the authenticity of the Magna Carta."

His comments included: "You can't talk to me about the Holy Grail, so to speak. If you find a bag on the floor which says 'cocaine' on it, you would have to test that bag forensically. As for your Holy Grail, you would need a carbon test and a trace element test.
Fake Magna Carta, eh? Is there nothing the Jewish Masons of the EU deep state won't sink to?

On the up side though, it means that any contradictions between what the Magna Carta actually says and the fantasy law stylings of PLD can be explained away. 'That's not what it really said, that's just the version the Illuminati cooked up to fool honest folk'.
Surely whatever the Magna Carta says can be crosschecked with the other copies around the UK (Faversham, the British Museum etc) rendering whether the Salisbury one is real or not void.

Then again, FoTLers aren't known for common sense.
According to the Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... -cathedral), Mr. Royden was sentenced today for four years for this little affair.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm disappointed to see this... "When Royden was convicted, Parkes pointed out to the jury that the right of a man to be tried by his peers was enshrined in Magna Carta".

If that's not bad reporting I would expect better from a judge than to get that wrong.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

My wife and I were there just two months before that happened. We did a driving trip around England and we stopped in Salisbury so she could see the Magna Carta. We skipped Stonehenge for some far more important shrines, the Bovington tank museum for me and Jane Austen's House Museum in Chawton for my wife.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:01 pm We skipped Stonehenge for some far more important shrines, the Bovington tank museum for me and Jane Austen's House Museum in Chawton for my wife.

A disaster waiting to happen!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Stonehenge is an anti-climax and looks better in photographs than it really is. Pretty much everybody I know had the same reaction when they first saw it... "It's not as big as I was expecting".

Avebury on the other hand is very impressive but compared to Stonehenge almost unheard of by the man and woman on the Clapham omnibus.