The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by hucknallred »

To the horror of his legal team, it was announced Friday Mr. Noakes is to be moved despite current ill health and the COVID19 pandemic.
Did he not take GcMaf for his malady?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

He will lose his aircraft, boat, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce and UK and Guernsey bank accounts, the judge ruled.

Holy Phucktard! Is he James Phuckin' Bond?
I need to get into the fake cancer cure scam business.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

There is, IMHO. no sentence sufficient for him and his ilk to make up for the false hope given to and the fleecing from people with terminal illnesses.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

John Uskglass wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:50 am Extraditing him wasn't good enough for TPTB, apparently, so they only went and expedited him, the bastards.
Immediate News Release – Convicted by the same judge as Julian Assange,

Cancer Cure Creator David Noakes is Being Expedited to France
Don't you just hate it when the cops stuff you into one of those tight express delivery boxes and they forget the bubblewrap?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 am Don't you just hate it when the cops stuff you into one of those tight express delivery boxes and they forget the bubblewrap?
But at least it seems they over-nighted him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

He thought he was getting knighted, not over nighted.

I'll get me coat...

Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Is that Andy Capp, Gregg? I didn't realise he was known on t'other side of the Atlantic (the other side to the UK that is).
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Please, some of us make an effort to connect with the culture. My mother had newspapers from England shipped to Vancouver for years and Andy was of course the star in them. Not a Yorkshire lad, Andy hailed from County Durham, but he could have been from Hull for all the difference it made. On one of my British boozing trips I made a pilgrimage to Hartlepool, Reg Smythe's and Andy's home town. A depressing decaying dump, made Hull look like a beacon of prosperity.

As part of my quest I even hunted down Hartlepool's Andy Capp statue, a pathetic travesty hidden away out of sight as if they were ashamed of him. About as sad a tribute as you'll find;

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It ran in our local newspapers for a long time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit

Post by grixit »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 am Is that Andy Capp, Gregg? I didn't realise he was known on t'other side of the Atlantic (the other side to the UK that is).
Andy Capp has been published in major US papers since at least the 60s.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

as if they were ashamed of him.
If my memory of the cartoons serves, that might well be because of the domestic violence.

Mind you, I still quote the one where someone comes up to Capp and says something along the lines of -

'Look at the state of you. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't chase women, and soon I'll celebrate my ninetieth birthday'

To which Capp replies. 'How?'
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 am Is that Andy Capp, Gregg? I didn't realise he was known on t'other side of the Atlantic (the other side to the UK that is).
Yes, it is Andy Capp. I remember him from when I was just learning to read which would put him about 1970 or maybe 1971, the funny papers was the highlight of my day back then. And Moon Landings, I was obsessed with the Apollo Program, which I followed in "The Weekly Reader" which was a staple of 1st and second grades at least.

In the Colonies these days he's known to most people who recognize him because of the line of baked crisps that are sold as "Andy Capp's Pub Fries" or a few other varieties.

Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Hot Fries, Bacon Cheddar Fries, and BBQ Fries. The strong staple of any bar hopper's diet. 8)
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I've been educated then - Andy Capp is known in North America.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Andy Capp was in the comics section of the New York Post when I was a kid (early 1960s).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:47 pm Andy Capp was in the comics section of the New York Post when I was a kid (early 1960s).
The comic strip Andy Capp is still being published, despite Reg Smythe's death in 1998/

It isn't carried in our local paper, here in Cleveland, Ohio, but you can find it, and many others, at gocomics.com.

https://www.gocomics.com/andycapp/2020/06/28
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

When illiteracy meets woo the outcome is 'black plaque' (which my dentist has warned me about) and 'legal friction'. Only the CLC can sort this out.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Vis Legis? See me run? Look, I'm legit?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
grixit

Post by grixit »

As a programmer, that unclosed bracket makes me twitchy.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Some good old good ones or bad old bad ones are resurfacing. Jon Wedger the whistle blower who never names names had a rally in a park yesterday and Belinda McKenzie appears at circa 26 mins and talks at circa 43 mins. I've been dubious about BM since she suggested having an amnesty for p££dophiles. https://youtu.be/Ub2D3dYZAlE It would really have been something to mention to Hoaxtead but of course Hoaxtead has been on ice for several months. Arguably there is something dodgy going on when fundraising is occurring to 'save' children and as yet no child seems to have been saved.

While I'm here, I'm not a journalist so does anyone know anything about an outfit called Renegade Incorporated. They advertise themselves as being 'a different kind of talk show'. It was somewhat difficult to find anything online about them other than their own publicity which of course praises them. It does seem they have done features for Russia Today. I'm not saying a company is necessarily bad for coming out of Russia. A lady called Anna Brees who has her own media company who used to be a presenter or reporter or maybe both on ITV and BBC has featured Jon Wedger a few times. It seems she has been on Russia Today and Renegade Incorporated https://renegadeinc.com/library/making-the-news/ She was talking to the singer Robbie Williams recently on her own channel (about pizzagate). Private Eye have questioned her veracity a couple of times. I don't want to call someone a scammer without definite proof - she could be down the rabbit hole and believe what she comes out with.