Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by Gregg »

OMG Austin Allegros! When I was in London one of my friends had an Austin that looked to me very much like a Bently had a child with a VW Golf Wagon. It was a cute little car and I kind of liked it. But I had and still have a very strict rule, I do not drink in America and I do not drive in Europe. So my esperiences in it involved riding around and the odd shag in the back.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:14 am So my esperiences in it involved riding around and the odd shag in the back.
I didn't have you down as a pipe smoker.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the odd shag
Probably a cormorant, especially if you were away from the coast. Common mistake.
AnOwlCalledSage

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am
the odd shag
Probably a cormorant, especially if you were away from the coast. Common mistake.
A common mistake would make it a common cormorant.

The common cormorant or shag
Lays its eggs in a paper bag
The reason you will see no doubt
Is to keep the lightning out
But what these unobservant birds
Do not notice is that herds
Of wandering bears will come with buns
And steal the bag to hold the crumbs

Bloomin' 'eck. I learned that poem 42 years ago!

Edit: Just checked it. Not word perfect, but I didn't realise that that was a Christopher Isherwood poem.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Also attributed to Auden and (more likely imo) Anon.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:14 pm Also attributed to Auden and (more likely imo) Anon.
Some reflections about cormorants in poetry:
https://reconstructionarytales.blog/201 ... g-authors/
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:14 am OMG Austin Allegros! When I was in London one of my friends had an Austin that looked to me very much like a Bently had a child with a VW Golf Wagon. It was a cute little car and I kind of liked it. But I had and still have a very strict rule, I do not drink in America and I do not drive in Europe. So my esperiences in it involved riding around and the odd shag in the back.
Probably the Vanden Plas which should always pronounced "Vanden Plass" when referring to an Allegro. Possibly with a few added S's for emphasis.

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Royalman
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Royalman »

Ah, the Allegro VDP. How someone in a semi in Brum can finally feel like a country Gentleman. A fold down tray for rear seat passengers to enjoy their picnic and champagne while James at the front does all the driving. Though when the thing breaks down and you are stuck on the hard shoulder of the M6 the pleasure starts to fade.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:25 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:14 am OMG Austin Allegros! When I was in London one of my friends had an Austin that looked to me very much like a Bently had a child with a VW Golf Wagon. It was a cute little car and I kind of liked it. But I had and still have a very strict rule, I do not drink in America and I do not drive in Europe. So my esperiences in it involved riding around and the odd shag in the back.
Probably the Vanden Plas which should always pronounced "Vanden Plass" when referring to an Allegro. Possibly with a few added S's for emphasis.

That's the one! Hers was green, but otherwise, Bingo!

I was a lot more limber back then, but still, no poetry was involved.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Probably the Vanden Plas which should always pronounced "Vanden Plass" .....
Because the designer was Belgian (presumably of Flemish or Dutch ancestry), so the "s" is pronounced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanden_Plas
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Royalman
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Royalman »

I have always thought it strange that the only two Belgians most people know about are not real people (Tintin and Hercule Poirot). I can now finally add, into third place, a real person Guillaum van den Plas.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Royalman wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 pm I have always thought it strange that the only two Belgians most people know about are not real people (Tintin and Hercule Poirot). I can now finally add, into third place, a real person Guillaum van den Plas.
Are you saying that you're not aware of The Muscles From Brussels?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

Or Audrey Hepburn.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Royalman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 pm Though when the thing breaks down and you are stuck on the hard shoulder of the M6 the pleasure starts to fade.
Not an urban myth, I know the guy who told the story, I'm 95% sure it was an Allegro. It started playing up in the middle of knowhere. Managed to limp to a country pub, deduced it was the plugs. Sees another Allegro parked up, pops bonnet, nicks plugs, replaces them with his knackered ones, drives off.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Although his fictional detective, Maigret, was French the writer, Georges Simenon, was from Liege in Belgium.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Royalman wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 pm I have always thought it strange that the only two Belgians most people know about are not real people (Tintin and Hercule Poirot). I can now finally add, into third place, a real person Guillaum van den Plas.
You may be able to add two more if you can show Dupond and Dupont (Thompson and Thomson) are Belgian.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Jaques Brel

Rene Magritte

And, obscure though they may be to most, Front 242.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Home truths from what I suspect will soon be an ex-member of his group. This relates to Crabbie trawling for opinions about eviction formalities (seems to be confused with arrangements for rent arrears by the way). Anyway he was trotting out the old chestnut about police not being allowed to assist and quoting from some of their documentation. This is picked up by the future-ex-member ...
Dawn Raspin wrote: It says it all there:

- The threat of a Breach of the Peace must come from the person to be arrested, whose conduct must be unreasonable, i.e. the arrest should target the potential offenders and not non-offenders
- The conduct must clearly interfere with the rights of others
- The likely natural consequence of the conduct, were it not prevented, would be that violence would break out.

So If, for example, someone were to post on social media that they will resist any attempt to remove them with a baseball bat or an axe say, that’s perceived as a sufficient ‘threat’ to in their eyes justify police action ‘that the likely natural consequence of the conduct, if it were not prevented, would be that violence would break out’.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957436 ... 972710544/
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I’m surprised she’s lasted this long. She calls him out time and again and seems rational and well informed. He harps on about guidelines published by the “College of Policing” in all its wet lettuce finest, she rightly points out that the Courts Act 2003 says it is the duty of every Constable to assist a bailiff. And as Johnny Depp’s character Jack Sparrow says, guidelines is just that - guidelines.

He claims the police are only there to prevent a Breach of the Peach but Dawn counters that if you are sat inside the doorway with, let’s say, a large baseball bat intent on crowning the first head through the door having extensively advertised your intentions on social media then the “to prevent” provisions kick in.

He’s a fucking idiot is Crabbie and time isn’t on his side. After all, you and I can sleep soundly knowing the clattering of car doors shutting early in the morning won’t be heralding the arrival of High Court bailiffs and plod.

We’ve seen In the recent postings how twitchy he is with every passing vehicle. Imagine living like that all these months, I know I’d be living on my nerves.

He took a conscious decision not to pay his CT and mortgage, to take on his bankruptcy trustee and shout “FUCK YOU WORLD”, did he really believe there would be no consequences?

I will raise a small tincture when the twat is finally booted out to be honest, let’s hope no one gets hurt.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

This might be the most useful advice he's had -

Desmond Troy England
I hope they don't do to you what they did to me as eviction is all they have in their minds no matter how far they have to go. And will end up in your arrest. It sounds like you are in the same position as I was I also took my home back. You won't be able to take it back again as they will put 24hr security outside your property so you can't get back in. They will also charge you for this privilege at over £20+ per hour for as long as it takes to get your property sold! They will run up costs so that you end up with nothing from the sale of your home . Oh and because I took my house back they came back a few months later but there were a few friends at mine so the coppers/bailiffs got politely fucked off but they then classed it as a high profile case and sent 20 coppers and 10 court knobheads at 3.40 am!! And took my doors off with sledge hammers and a huge crowbar!!

All I got from the coppers was a face full of pepper spray knocked fuck out of, arrested for obstructing a police officer in the course of his duty, held In custody until they shuttered my house up and warned that if I breach bail by returning to my home I would most probably be remanded for it as a bail breach I was on bail for 12 months for this and then miraculously dropped all the charged! ! The coppers were in it as much as the council and that was purely because I have previous history with the coppers. I did try to get advice about what I could do about the situation both before and after this happened but as usual when you really really need help nobody had any real advice so I was left pretty much fucked!! I lost absolutely everything I owned all I had was the clothes I was wearing when arrested!.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/ ... BVzH_tiIFN
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.