Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by John Uskglass »

I'd have thought that it would be relatively easy for hairdressers to get away with flouting the lockdown by going under the radar. On the other hand, if you not only stick a notice in your window that says you're open, but get yourself in the local rag...
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

UPDATE £1K fine issued by the council.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... e-19256792
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

"A laminated sign on the door refers to the Magna Carta, a royal charter of rights granted by King John in 1215.... It cites article 61 of the Magna Carta of 1215 and says "we have a right to enter into lawful dissent if we feel we are being governed unjustly".

No competent adult can actually believe that people can just ignore laws or rules if they don't think they're fair. I don't think it's fair that this idiot is endangering others for her own greed, so I'll go and burn her shop down and refuse to be arrested for arson.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
mikethrow
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by mikethrow »

It appears that David Robinson has passed away, according to the main PLD group. I understand he was in poor health, but nothing more. Comments do seem to indicate it was before his time, whatever the reason.

I do not celebrate death, even for bad and dishonest people who have affected and ruined multiple lives. I do have a nagging fear, though, that he somehow becomes augmented to martyr now in some weird, backwards Magna Carta way. I guess we shall see.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

mikethrow wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:17 pm It appears that David Robinson has passed away, according to the main PLD group. I understand he was in poor health, but nothing more. Comments do seem to indicate it was before his time, whatever the reason.

I do not celebrate death, even for bad and dishonest people who have affected and ruined multiple lives. I do have a nagging fear, though, that he somehow becomes augmented to martyr now in some weird, backwards Magna Carta way. I guess we shall see.
I just looked on the PLD group, and it appears that Mr. Robinson was posting there less than 24 hours before the time stamp of this post, so it must have been somewhat sudden.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

How very sad that David Robinson has passed away. We had diametrically opposed political views but I take no comfort in his passing which seems to be both untimely and quite sudden.

RIP David.
mikethrow
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by mikethrow »

Sadness is what I feel as well. As I said, it's very obviously sad when any human being passes, especially when it is before their time.

But my sadness comes from the knowledge that hundreds of people will still somehow put their full faith and trust in this movement. I see how they speak about him in the groups - they revere him and his "superior knowledge", despite him saying time and time again he is "no expert", and the absence of any real "accomplishments" in these endeavours over the years. He was homeless at times, and here he is dead before his time. And nobody will ever want to admit that he was wrong.

I am sad because I see people who are throwing their lives away, and who may not realize they are setting out on similar paths to Mr. Robinson. I am sad because they are being lied to by people selling David's word, third-hand and fourth-hand, with all manner of false promises.

I would hope to see the movement slow down from this death - for it to maybe give people some pause about what their mission actually is. But sadly I think we can all fairly predict that it will continue moving in the direction it's headed. Who needs results when you're really good at Convincing Less Intelligent People of things.
DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Post by DNetolitzky »

I certainly may be proven incorrect, but my guess is this development will accelerate the decline of the Practical Lawful Dissent / Magna Carta Lawful Rebels phenomenon. Despite the apparent growth in the number of adherents, this movement is now faced with several fundamental issues.

First, state actors aren't complying, so there is a growing number of failures and sanctions directed to those who are purportedly immunized by their magic Three/Five Letters processes and Oaths to Lord Craigmyle. Second, there is the issue of enforcing the PLD/MCLR purported authority and claims. Aside from the ridiculous scheme of occupying government and court buildings, the movement has only ill-defined ideas of some kind of claim and enforcement structure that is "Common Law" and valid.

Robinson was at least somewhat inventive, and hinted at ways to enforce PLD/MCLR "rights". I don't see anyone in the remaining group structure who is an easy fit into that role, at least in Canada. The UK's pseudolaw community may offer some alternatives, but I doubt those would have much uptake outside the UK.

As for martyr status, I'd be surprised. Canada has now had a fair number of gurus appear, have their day in the sun, and then soon after they are forgotten, except in forums such as this one. Why would the UK be any different? Does anyone remember John Harris from TPUC? Not really.

But who knows? These are strange times. If you had told me a couple years ago that there would be Canadians busily writing up new constitutional documents based on Social Credit theories from the 1940s, I'd have been quite skeptical. But here we are.

Donald Netolitzky
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Unless Dave was under regular treatment for some condition, there will have to be an inquest. Which probably means several months of nonsensical speculation as to the cause of death and the possibility of a bunch of idiots turning up at the coroner's court.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

From my monitoring of the PLD Canada group there's no conspiracy, they all knew he wasn't well. I'd hazard a guess it was respiratory. He had a collapsed lung last year & languished in NHS Hospital care - under duress of course.
He also made no secret of the fact he was a heavy smoker.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:13 pm From my monitoring of the PLD Canada group there's no conspiracy, they all knew he wasn't well. I'd hazard a guess it was respiratory. He had a collapsed lung last year & languished in NHS Hospital care - under duress of course.
He also made no secret of the fact he was a heavy smoker.
A perfect target for Covid. If so it would explain why so sudden.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Ms Quinn the Freewoman Barber of Oakenshaw is in the news again -

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... t-19263012
Ms Quinn posted the video of the confrontation on her Instagram account earlier this week following a visit by the council and West Yorkshire Police. The video has been viewed around 60,000 times.

In the video, Ms Quinn can be seen speaking to a council officer who is standing outside the salon entrance.

The salon owner refused to open the door tells the council officer: "You're speaking to my fictitious character. I am a living woman and I don't consent to any fines. I'm not entering into any contract with you or the police."
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

RIP David. If nothing else you raised the average level of basic literacy among the online wingnut set.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

hucknallred wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 pm
It is indeed very sad that a man who cared about the community couldn’t focus his energy into helping the community without the conspiracy nonsense, he clearly at some level cared about people.

Condolences and RIP.
Notsogreen
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Notsogreen »

It's spreading..

Gedling.. outskirts of Nottingham.. home to Ceylon and Crawford..

This is about a mile or two from Crawford towers. What I find interesting if that this is part of a local Christian bookshop.. not your normal troopers..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... ay-4699966
rosy

Post by rosy »

Nottinghamshire and close by does seem to to be a hotbed of fruitloops. My daughter is a social worker on the border of Notts/Derbys and is currently involved with a case where a parent has gone full Magnum Charter bollocks and there are concerns for the children.
Notsogreen
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Notsogreen »

It's all kicking off..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/liv ... op-4701885

Her majesty's finest are now in attendance
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

rosy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:03 pm Nottinghamshire and close by does seem to to be a hotbed of fruitloops. My daughter is a social worker on the border of Notts/Derbys and is currently involved with a case where a parent has gone full Magnum Charter bollocks and there are concerns for the children.
It's disturbing to read that, rosy. I'm in the Midlands but more on the west side (I'd rather not say exactly where - don't want to be set upon by FTLERS). My social interactions such as they are have mostly been by Zoom and Skype for most of this year (though I'm doing my own shopping, mainly in local shops unless I buy something online). I hope the case your daughter knows of comes to a satisfactory resolution.

I've just realised it's a year (since 14th November 2019) ago that I signed up to Quatloos (for Quatloos?).
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Notsogreen wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:23 pm

It's all kicking off..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/liv ... op-4701885

Her majesty's finest are now in attendance
It would appear that two of the customers have had their collars felt just because they stood up for their rights :shock: :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-54950773

Obviously Notts Police are unaware of THE LAW :haha:

TheRambler