Man "lives in his body" but now lives in jail.....

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Hmmm....1000 quatloos says he tries to pull a Marvin Bryer and tries to get the judge disqualified.

Emphasis on "try".
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Why don't these nutballs just put

"I'm from the planet Grognard, and..."

in front of anything they say or write?

It would simplify things.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The real irony is the fact that this person (for lack of a better term) appealed his conviction to the entity (being the state) that he is claiming does not have jurisdiction over him. The mere fact that he did this only confirms his acknowledgement of the state's jurisdiction over him. Otherwise he would have filed an appeal with the planet Grognard.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Lawhorn said someone else at the school called the police, noting that the man’s car had no license plate and that the vehicle identification number, usually found on a metal plate on vehicle dashboards, had been pried off.
Martin may have ticked someone off. Someone went to the trouble of "noting" that the VIN plate was missing, not an easy task in the dark.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Quixote wrote:
Lawhorn said someone else at the school called the police, noting that the man’s car had no license plate and that the vehicle identification number, usually found on a metal plate on vehicle dashboards, had been pried off.
Martin may have ticked someone off. Someone went to the trouble of "noting" that the VIN plate was missing, not an easy task in the dark.
I was thinking the same thing as Quixote.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Maybe it was the Timothy McVeigh and Ron Paul bumperstickers.
Demo.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Honestly, I might notice a strange rustbucket with no license plate at a school, and I would definitely be wary of it and take extra procedures to ensure the safety of my child (getting them into the car quicker, etc), but I wouldn't go so far as to check for the VIN plate or call the cops, unless I had a specific reason to do so.

That's why I agreed that the guy probably pissed somebody off.

Then again, I grew up in Appalachia, where a car like that really wouldn't garner much attention since there are a lot of cars like that in the area (or at least there were, when I was growing up).