A flurry of acitivity in the Brown follower trials

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:
. wrote:What is it with you nut-cakes who can barely express yourselves in English?
If someone's point can't be expressed using a minimum of passable grammar and decent spelling, then YouTube is just the crutch they need for their rambling madness...
Hint to all: The typical American has a 4th or 5th grade reading and comprehension level.

In other words, being grammatically correct may or may not advance your cause with the majority of Americans. In fact, you may lose them if you are too much of a stickler.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
webhick wrote:
. wrote:What is it with you nut-cakes who can barely express yourselves in English?
If someone's point can't be expressed using a minimum of passable grammar and decent spelling, then YouTube is just the crutch they need for their rambling madness...
Hint to all: The typical American has a 4th or 5th grade reading and comprehension level.

In other words, being grammatically correct may or may not advance your cause with the majority of Americans. In fact, you may lose them if you are too much of a stickler.
I don't think anyone's looking for perfection. A complete thought, maybe some punctuation (like a period, sometimes a comma), an added bonus would be correct use of a homophone every once in a while. As for spelling, for bulimia's sake people, at least spell the little ones right. People can forgive you for phonetic spelling on the big ones.

Having tutored English before, I've learned that 75% of decent grammar is whether or not it make sense when you read it out loud. 20% has tricks and the remaining 5% doesn't matter unless you teach English. Pity I probably haven't retained much over the 75%.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Demosthenes wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:In conspiracy cases, it sucks to be a defendant. I really think Reno got in over his head. I must be in a mellow mood, but I am feeling sorry for the guy. : :?
Not me. The guy purchased a 50 cal rifle for the single purpose of murdering US Marshals.
Did he, did he try?

Did anyone in any of these trials actually hurt anyone or even try or were they all puffing up their wings acting like they "were" going to be big bad patriots? Did the browns have a shot out or did they come without incident? Was anyone hurt? How many band-aids were issued to the federal employees over this? What, not even a band-aid?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

SteveSy wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:In conspiracy cases, it sucks to be a defendant. I really think Reno got in over his head. I must be in a mellow mood, but I am feeling sorry for the guy. : :?
Not me. The guy purchased a 50 cal rifle for the single purpose of murdering US Marshals.
Did he, did he try?

Did anyone in any of these trials actually hurt anyone or even try or were they all puffing up their wings acting like they "were" going to be big bad patriots? Did the browns have a shot out or did they come without incident? Was anyone hurt? How many band-aids were issued to the federal employees over this? What, not even a band-aid?
Poor SteveSy, it must be tough to have the uber violent wackos on your side.
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

SteveSy wrote:
The obvious answers to Steve's rhetorical questions might be of some comfort to the defendants.

On the other hand, if the prosecution convinces the jury (1) that there was a conspiracy as alleged, and (2) that pipe bomb(s) and booby traps (remember the report of explosives in the trees?) were the result of one or more affirmative acts in furtherance of the conspiracy, the fortunate fact that ultimately no one was hurt may be of little comfort to the defendants, and might not save them from prison. Unless I am misunderstanding the time line, the booby traps, etc., were put in place, and the alleged conspiracy was hatched, long before October 4, 2007, when the Browns were arrested without incident, when the federal employees ended this without, presumably, the aid of a band-aid. I suspect that this unhappy episode ended (happily) without serious injury to anyone in large measure due to the perserverance of the law enforcement team, not due to actions of the defendants.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

LPC wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:I'm hoping they bring back the guillotine just for him.
(Or is the firing squad still an option in Utah?)
I was about to say yes until I saw that post from Ryan.

Jeeze....what's this world coming to?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

LPC wrote: My personal worst wish for anyone is that they be condemned to death and then spend 20 years on death row waiting for the appeals to end.

And, strangely enough, that is our current system.
Which is preferable to the alternative: frying an innocent person in the name of expediency.

It ain't perfect (the system) but it works well enough.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

CaptainKickback wrote:
LPC wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:I'm hoping they bring back the guillotine just for him.
The guillotine seems to me to be humane compared to electrocution or some botched chemical execution that leaves you paralyzed and in torment.
Mine would be to be smothered to death by whoever is the current batch of busty Playmate Bunnies. :wink:
Get in line and no, you may not cut in front of me.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

There is no conceivable, justifiable, or acceptable reason on this earth, short of being a collector-and I have reservations there as well, for anyone wanting, owning, or let along using a 50 cal rifle. It has one and one purpose only. The same applies to hand grenades, and pipe bombs. There is only one reason to have them, or make them, and it isn’t to go the Sunday Social, or at least I hope it isn’t. There is no excuse, or reason for any of those people to have been playing with toys like that unless they had at least the fantasy of killing someone, and none of those are nice ways to go. The minute any of those moral defectives saw that stuff coming in or being made they should have hightailed it out of there if they didn’t in fact believe in the party line, and at some point intend to participate. I find it very hard muster much in the way of sympathy for any of that group. I will say it now and get it out of my system, that it is entirely too bad that they whole bunch of them were too damned inept to have not blown their worthless and useless carcasses to the netherworlds where they so right belong.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

notorial dissent wrote:it is entirely too bad that they whole bunch of them were too damned inept to have not blown their worthless and useless carcasses to the netherworlds where they so right belong.
I'd say they were damned lucky that their ineptness didn't cause them to have blown their own carcasses along with several others to the netherworld. Especially after reading that story about (IIRC) the guy who went to visit them and they made some bleach (?) bombs and tried to set them off, and just when they thought the bombs wouldn't go off, the bombs went off.

Different strokes, different folks.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Let's see:

Repeatedly declaring you have a gun and intend to use it to resist law enforcement.

Actually buying the gun.

Bringing the gun to the home of a convicted fugitive.

At some point, it might have been possible to beg off with a "i was just blowing smoke". Reno was past that point.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My feeling is that they were all well past that point when they started playing that game. When they started making explosives and bombs it ceased to have any claim on innocence. Again, like I said, I have no sympathy for any of them. My only fascination is in what they could possibly have been thinking, and I know that is fraught with irony.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

webhick wrote: an added bonus would be correct use of a homophone every once in a while.
Gays and Lesbians have their own phone service? Who knew? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Randall wrote:...
Gays and Lesbians have their own phone service? Who knew? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
They also have genized milk. 8)

I'll go away now. Sorry.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

JRB wrote:
They also have genized milk
I had to think about that one for a second.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

CaptainKickback wrote:
And for the record, the .50 calibre rifle is NOT a self-defense weapon. It is made to either hit targets at very long ranges, or kill people at very long ranges. It is big and heavy and really sh*tty for close in work. Since I do not recall there being a 2 mile long shooting range on the Brown property (yes, the rifle can reach out to 3,000 yards or more) and since a shotgun is a much better close-in defensive weapon, the only reasons Ed and company would have wanted one there was either a) to kill law enforcement officers, b) masturbate on/over the gun - and I only partially discount the second with that crowd.
The .50 caliber rifle is very useful for anti-material (think cars & trucks) work. A 50 Caliber round to the engine compartment will stop a car or truck.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

notorial dissent wrote:There is no conceivable, justifiable, or acceptable reason on this earth, short of being a collector-and I have reservations there as well, for anyone wanting, owning, or let along using a 50 cal rifle.
There are two other reasons to own a .50 caliber rifle. First, there is a sport involving very long range shooting for which the .50 caliber rifle is an ideal choice. Second, shooting large caliber rifles is fun. Lots of fun. :twisted: This is the same justifiable reason for allowing people to own tennis racquets (because you can do fun things with them). Other than playing tennis and whacking your neighbor with one, what good is a tennis racquet?

Quite frankly, almost all other types of firearms are more useful for killing people and causing mayhem. I would even take an old Colt Single Action Army (cowboy style) pistol over a .50 caliber rifle if I was looking to kill someone.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

SteveSy wrote:Did anyone in any of these trials actually hurt anyone or even try or were they all puffing up their wings acting like they "were" going to be big bad patriots? Did the browns have a shot out or did they come without incident? Was anyone hurt? How many band-aids were issued to the federal employees over this? What, not even a band-aid?
Steve, no federal employees were hurt because they used subtrefuge and deception to get in and to arrest the Browns without violence. Do you honestly believe that if U.S. Marshalls had arrived openly and said "we have a warrant for your arrest-- come out with your hands up" the Browns and their supporters would not have used their guns and bombs?

Do you really believe that?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Other than playing tennis and whacking your neighbor with one, what good is a tennis racquet?
In movies, tennis rackets have been used as makeshift collanders for draining spaghetti. A 50 cal. rifle could also be used for thet purpose, but you would have to drape the strands.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
SteveSy wrote:Did anyone in any of these trials actually hurt anyone or even try or were they all puffing up their wings acting like they "were" going to be big bad patriots? Did the browns have a shot out or did they come without incident? Was anyone hurt? How many band-aids were issued to the federal employees over this? What, not even a band-aid?
Steve, no federal employees were hurt because they used subtrefuge and deception to get in and to arrest the Browns without violence. Do you honestly believe that if U.S. Marshalls had arrived openly and said "we have a warrant for your arrest-- come out with your hands up" the Browns and their supporters would not have used their guns and bombs?

Do you really believe that?
I believe that if the Browns and supporters were really going to kill U.S. agents they would have...all they had to do was pull the trigger. I personally think they were all talk, pretending to be someone they weren't.