UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheRambler
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by TheRambler »

longdog wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:03 pm
I know every judge and magistrate in the world knows that the defendant's contrition and regret is mostly that they got caught, but it's a part of the pantomime and you're not supposed to acknowledge that it's bullshit if you are up before the beak. S McN made it blatantly obvious and that alone probably accounted for a couple of years of the sentence.
It’s not the kind of error that ordinary decent criminals make😇

TheRambler
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:03 pm If memory serves, and I think it does, S McN pissed on her own bonfire repeatedly during the trial by playing the 'confused old woman who bitterly regrets her actions' card and then immediately playing the "I was only hashtag saving the kiddiewinks and would do it all again" card.
I was at the court. It was indeed the "I'd do it again" that got her the sentence. I doubt that Neelu, faced with the same situation in a contempt hearing, would do any different.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AnOwlCalledSage

Very little facts in this. Apart from kidnapping fraud.

Usual suspects. Neelu. Badaloo, Devine.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would say from the sounds of it that things didn't go at all well for her. I did think that all her other appeals had been round filed, so that should pretty well limit the field for what this was all about.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I skipped through that video but couldn't make any sense of it all. It's not helped by the way she treats a series of unrelated cases as if they were all one. Does she actually mention the hearing on the 10th at any point?
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:20 am I skipped through that video but couldn't make any sense of it all. It's not helped by the way she treats a series of unrelated cases as if they were all one. Does she actually mention the hearing on the 10th at any point?
I skipped through it too, but "kidnap fraud" is her shorthand for she's been threatened with prison for contempt.

When Neelu is directly threatened by the police or judiciary, she has the ability to shut her gob. This is why I think she went back to promoting Swissindo over the last few months. When the heat is off she goes back to her old ways hoping no-one is paying attention, and to be fair she has got away with it for two decades.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:20 am I skipped through that video but couldn't make any sense of it all. It's not helped by the way she treats a series of unrelated cases as if they were all one. Does she actually mention the hearing on the 10th at any point?
In the princess's mind they are all one case. The decades long case of The Powers That Be vs Living Woman Neelu Berry.

When you are a paranoid loon like her with a grand unified conspiracy theory that covers all aspects of human endeavour every misfortune gets woven into the narrative of an ongoing persecution.

Normal people see life's ups and downs as a series of shit happenses. To her it's an ongoing plot.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Aided and supported in her delusions by chief legal lunatic EWE. In his latest powerful posting he appears to have had a fall in the snow, probably an insufficient surface traction fraud. Then a bus arrived at the stop at the same time he did, only to have an unfair fare refusal fraud carried out and he had to walk.

He states that he has been drafting appeals for all and sundry, attending court and advising clients, all the things his injunction has asked him not to do. Having had (I suspect) the hard word from a court at some point he picks out the following rather apposite phrases;
Mr Rambling and Confused wrote: The phrases ‘Confused Behaviour’ and ‘Rambling Rants’ in the Fraud Appeal Draft Grounds were not Personal Insults but Incapacity Evidence of the Equity Lawyer

It’s so hard to decipher what actually happened to Neelu but I’m in agreement that it appears to have gone badly. No doubt the facts will leak out soon enough but I was right to conclude that the net result would be nothing happened, at least for the time being.

I think Rambling Rants best belong to my true hero of UK stage and film.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:53 pm It’s so hard to decipher what actually happened to Neelu but I’m in agreement that it appears to have gone badly. No doubt the facts will leak out soon enough but I was right to conclude that the net result would be nothing happened, at least for the time being.
No-one has responded to my query about whether an Application to Commit hearing is the Solicitor General asking the court for permission to hold an actual contempt hearing or the committal hearing itself. I've always been of the impression that permission has to be granted for contempt proceedings as it is not automatic, other than if handled by a trial judge with the intrinsic authority of the court to manage its proceedings during a trial.

Given the tail-between-the-legs behaviour of our usual suspects, my money is on permission being granted. Not quite "nothing happened" as it would seem to be normal application of due process and we have in fact moved to seeing Neelu on trial... again.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

In his latest bulletin EWE says:
There is No Substantive Difference between the Fraud Sets committed 21st July 2020 and 10th February 2021. Both had the Liability Finding Fraud + Penalty Adjournment as the Fraud Target.
It's a shot in the dark, but could this mean Berry's case was adjourned?
AnOwlCalledSage

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 pm It's a shot in the dark, but could this mean Berry's case was adjourned?
This is why I am a little confused. I've seen both Application for Commital proceedings be dealt with on the same day as a sentence given (e.g. Matt Taylor) AND there be a separate trial for committal. I can't find a definitive answer in online legal pages (or at least the free ones!)

However, I think in this instance, EWE is referring to Neelu's "strategy" of attempting to halt the committal process because the Royal Commission is "investigating her claims" and therefore the QB has no jurisdiction on her contempt. The "Adjournment fraud" will therefore be referring to there being no adjournment!
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Neelu posts that she has lodged an “urgent appeal” with the Supreme Court to prevent her having to appear in court on 22nd Feb at 12 noon - high noon.

So it appears that the court has ordered a short adjournment to Monday next week when whatever is going to happen - will happen.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:27 pm Neelu posts that she has lodged an “urgent appeal” with the Supreme Court to prevent her having to appear in court on 22nd Feb at 12 noon - high noon.

So it appears that the court has ordered a short adjournment to Monday next week when whatever is going to happen - will happen.
That actually fits in with my assumptions that "Application for Committal" is a request to allow a contempt hearing to go ahead. From the evidence of her earlier failed "appeal" letters to stop the application hearing by chucking the Royal Commission monkey shit at the Queen's Bench, the outcome is not quite an adjournment but the setting of an trial date for the actual contempt hearing on the 22nd.

(I don't think you can appeal an application to commit, but you can of course appeal the committal hearing sentence).

Obviously happy for anyone with knowledge of the judicial process to correct my assumptions.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

That's my guess too - that the first hearing was a permission hearing and the next will be the actual hearing to commit. Or possibly, realising that she's taking bad advice, the court broke the hearing to give her a short period to get a good lawyer, which means they thought she needed one, as of course she does. It's not likely she'll get one though, and representing her would certainly be service above and beyond.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Trying to parse EWE's screeds is a bit like looking at one of those Magic Eye pictures that were popular a few years back. You think you've got it, then it turns back into noise. Do we detect a falling out with Berry, possibly on account of her making an intervention in the proceedings that even he recognised was counter productive? Who can tell.
Polite Warning to Citizen Ms Berry that the Personal Qualities for Remorseless Protest Management are not what is needed for Corruption Remedy Management. The 20019 004208 Trial Fraud Audio Records are Compelling Proof that the Personal Qualities needed for Remorsele3ss Protest Management are Corruption Remedy Management Incapacity Proof.
AnOwlCalledSage

I wonder if the CPS has seen his latest. I can think of 3 active cases that he is admitting ongoing contempt in that posting.

Also, has he just admitted that Neelu committed contempt of court at the application for committal for contempt of court hearing by recording it? :snicker:
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Neelu is kicking off at legal developments over on Faceache.

Assassins and kidnappers make up the staff at the High Court. They can be security one day, the cleaner the next and a court clerk the other as they transform, chameleon-like between roles. They even occasionally don police costumes. There was a police sergeant some years ago who became her particular hate-figure and who was said to be hiding behind every lamppost or who would turn up in disguise during eviction attempts. I’m surprised she hasn’t resurrected him for a role in this latest drama.

Disappearances are common at court and she has lost count of the number of kidnap attempts on her and EWE over the years, this despite neither one of them ever actually being kidnapped. Handcuffers ’infest’ the courts and corridors of the place, all sounds very dramatic.

However I sense this time that she is quite worried and is banging the drum for supporters to saturate the court on Monday. Id like to think that she’s been told to bring her toothbrush but a word to the High Court - anything less than custody will be ignored, deliberate and wilful breaches of any restrictions or injunction will simply continue unabated which will bring the court into disrepute.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 pm In his latest bulletin EWE says:
There is No Substantive Difference between the Fraud Sets committed 21st July 2020 and 10th February 2021. Both had the Liability Finding Fraud + Penalty Adjournment as the Fraud Target.
It's a shot in the dark, but could this mean Berry's case was adjourned?
My guess would be that "Liability Finding Fraud" translates to "Found guilty of contempt" and "Penalty Adjournment as the Fraud Target" to "Adjourned for sentencing".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

She refers to it as a "Sentence Hearing" ...
I have submitted my appeal in the Supreme Court and hope for an Order to stay the hearing on 22 Feb 2021 at 12pm very soon.
I will let you know if it is vacated.
UPDATE: AFTER MY CALLS TO THE SUPREME COURT SAYING THEY CANNOT FILE MY APPEAL OR STOP THE SENTENCE HEARING ON 22ND FEB 2021 AT NOON
UNLESS APPEAL COURT OR QBD VACATE IT, IT WILL GO AHEAD.
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:40 am My guess would be that "Liability Finding Fraud" translates to "Found guilty of contempt" and "Penalty Adjournment as the Fraud Target" to "Adjourned for sentencing".
I still think the "correct" scenario is that the Application to Commit hearing was just that. There was enough of a case to answer that permission was given for the Solicitor General to go forward with a contempt hearing, and that Monday is the actual contempt hearing, so at this point she is not guilty. I'm not sure what the sub-judice law is in relation to a contempt hearing, because although they can result in jail, they are not criminal in the normal sense, and there isn't a jury well to poison as it is before a judge only.

However, we do know that she was sent the letter (which is pro-forma) warning her failure to attend could see her jailed in her absence. I wouldn't expect immediate custody either because you can appeal contempt sentences.

To be honest, I would prefer to see her get a substantial SUSPENDED sentence. Why? Because the usual suspects will be completely incapable of keeping their mouths shut and will effectively be responsible for her inevitable subsequent arrest. EWE's last post, for example, will not have helped.