DIVISIONAL COURT
COURT 16
Before LORD JUSTICE LEWIS & MR JUSTICE MARTIN SPENCER
Monday, 22nd February 2021 At 12 o’clock
ROBED
FOR SENTANCING
QB-2019-004208 HM Solicitor General v Neelu Berry
"Sentancing" :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by Juisarian »

This is more exciting than Christmas.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:32 pm She refers to it as a "Sentence Hearing" ...
I have submitted my appeal in the Supreme Court and hope for an Order to stay the hearing on 22 Feb 2021 at 12pm very soon.
I will let you know if it is vacated.
UPDATE: AFTER MY CALLS TO THE SUPREME COURT SAYING THEY CANNOT FILE MY APPEAL OR STOP THE SENTENCE HEARING ON 22ND FEB 2021 AT NOON
UNLESS APPEAL COURT OR QBD VACATE IT, IT WILL GO AHEAD.
I think it's fair to assume, based on previous form, that "submitted my appeal in the supreme court" consisted solely of Citizen Berry phoning the SC and ranting at a switchboard operator who told her she had to follow the correct procedures and work her way up to the SC rather than starting there. I'd give even money the call ended as it usually does with "I'm ending this call now <click>".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

It's not worth posting as there's nothing of real substance in it, but Neelu's latest video is a call with her fellow "Satan" conspirator Sabine McNeill who even now, knowing her conversations are being recorded, shows absolutely no remorse. Suffice to say it's descended to HATJ/i-UV levels of "I am imagining you being released" vibes garbage.

If the CPS are on top of things, her posting and appearances on You Tube over the last week would not have been "helpful" for her hearing on Monday. She doesn't seem to understand that she is liable for her proxies.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 pm It's not worth posting as there's nothing of real substance in it, but Neelu's latest video is a call with her fellow "Satan" conspirator Sabine McNeill who even now, knowing her conversations are being recorded, shows absolutely no remorse. Suffice to say it's descended to HATJ/i-UV levels of "I am imagining you being released" vibes garbage.
Where's that coming from? Sabine McN refers to this as being "the year of my release", and "my embassy hopes to get me out by June".
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

The sentence was 9 years, imposed on on 9th January 2019, of which she would normally do 4.5 minus the time on remand. As I recall she was RIC for about a year, which would mean in the normal course of events, she would be due for release some time in 2022. However since she's eligible for deportation at the end of her sentence, she is also eligible for the Early Release Scheme, which deports prisoners before their normal release date. So I guess that's what it's about - she gets out of jail, but only if she goes to Germany and doesn't come back. That doesn't sound like good news, as most of her harassment was online which is as easy in Germany as here, and one of the benefits of Brexit for the criminal is that victims in this country no longer have the benefit of the European Protection Order which would have meant the restraining order was enforceable by the German authorities.
I've listened to the call, and it's mostly Neelu rabitting on, doesn't let NcNeill get a word in edgeways for several minutes. So she only manages to get this information, which I would have thought anyone listening - whether pro-McNeill or anti - would think that the most important thing, squeezed out at the last minute before Neelu hangs up on her.
AnOwlCalledSage

Cheers, SpearGrass... I'd typed this so I'll post it anyway, but you have done a better job and I hadn't factored in the "Brexit dividend"!
aesmith wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:56 pm Sabine McN refers to this as being "the year of my release", and "my embassy hopes to get me out by June".
She was nearly a year on remand (she was also electronically tagged before that which also counts) which is administratively deducted, and has served 2 years. She would automatically be eligible for parole after 4 1/2 years. It is possible that given her age she would be able to be released at earlier than half her tariff.

However, it would be a release on licence which means probation and if she breaches her orders, going straight back to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200. It is this that I suspect neither she or her acolytes understand. She clearly stated in that video that she is unrepentant, so one dodgy uncensored video by Andy Devine and it's back to clink for her.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I really want to see a sovcit Rumpole story now.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Don't forget that Rumpole always gets his clients off...

Older UK readers may remember 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em'. How about a legal version with EWE as the Frank Spencer of the show? Catchphrase - 'Oooh Betty, it's a Fraud!'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Moth ... 7Ave_%27Em
"Ooh Betty ..." is not Frank's only catchphrase of the series. Others include a quavering "Oooh ...", usually uttered with his forefinger to his mouth as he stands amidst the chaos of some disaster he has just caused (and which he himself has invariably escaped unscathed). He also sometimes complains about being "ha-RASSed!", or occasionally, "I've had a lot of ha-RASSments lately"
Frank's character changes noticeably in this series, becoming more self-aware and keen to make himself appear more educated and well-spoken. He develops an air of pomposity, best demonstrated when someone enquires for "Mr Spencer?" – to which he habitually replies "I am he". He also becomes more self-assured, and much more willing to argue back when criticised, sometimes winning arguments by leaving his opponents dumbfounded by the bizarre nature of his statements.
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

SpearGrass wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm So she only manages to get this information, which I would have thought anyone listening - whether pro-McNeill or anti - would think that the most important thing, squeezed out at the last minute before Neelu hangs up on her.
I doubt Neelu thought it was very important, since it wasn't specifically about herself.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

What really gets to me is that real people with real legal issues are being bumped down the listings at the RCJ because or fu£&ers like these.

A close relative of mine was left paraplegic after a car accident late 2019, court hearing for compensation against the other drivers insurer adjourned in September 2020 and earliest listing is September 2021, in the meantime he’s sat at home with no downstairs toilet, hasn’t had a shower since the accident and has to be hoisted over a bucket to have a crap 💩because again, no toilet downstairs. Where’s the Justice you ask, well there it is being wasted on the likes of Neelu and EWE !
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm ....court hearing for compensation against the other drivers insurer adjourned in September 2020 and earliest listing is September 2021, in the meantime he’s sat at home with no downstairs toilet, hasn’t had a shower since the accident and has to be hoisted over a bucket to have a crap ....
Exactly right. I think it's disgraceful that the RCJ judges tolerate this constant nonsense from Nelly, EWE et al. The court has an inherent authority (and duty) to manage it's own resources in the interests of justice, but all we see is indulgence. Canadian courts are so far ahead on this.

A further consequence is that other arms of HMCTS are denied the resources they need, for example the scandalous backlogs in criminal courts - https://www.newlawjournal.co.uk/content ... ll-growing
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm What really gets to me is that real people with real legal issues are being bumped down the listings at the RCJ because or fu£&ers like these.
Hercule Parrot wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 am Exactly right. I think it's disgraceful that the RCJ judges tolerate this constant nonsense from Nelly, EWE et al.
I'm sympathetic to your situation but I think you both have misunderstood the purpose of this hearing.

This is a "real legal" issue and has nothing to do with her remedy fraud nonsense. It is a real hearing for contempt of court brought by the Solicitor General in regards to a very serious criminal case which could see her jailed and/or given an unlimited fine. It could not have been dealt with by the original trial judge, because it didn't happen in the trial.

Notwithstanding that, if the interests of justice are served by a speedy trial, this offence was committed in January 2019, so it's hardly jumped the queue. And it's a Queen's Bench hearing, so independent of the Crown Court backlog.

One could argue that criminals are maliciously clogging up the courts by continually committing crimes, but that's what they do.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Exactly right. I think it's disgraceful that the RCJ judges tolerate this constant nonsense from Nelly, EWE et al. The court has an inherent authority (and duty) to manage it's own resources in the interests of justice, but all we see is indulgence. Canadian courts are so far ahead on this.
Let's be a bit more precise. The Alberta courts, particularly Queen's Bench have, through necessity and inclination, turned sovereign cases into an assembly line. In for a hearing and done but they are very much outliers. I can speak from painful experience for British Columbia. It's a turgid swamp of endless judicial indulgence. Just read my court reports for all the sad details. I assume the other provinces are similar.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Neelu faces sentencing today - if she turns up. As well as the possibility of a spell inside she also complains that the court is chasing her for £100k in costs; “the costs of them constantly harassing me over the years” she bitterly reports. There were some quite hard-hitting comments on her YT from those with little sympathy but as ever they were soon expunged leaving the usual sycophants.

We know that she’s good for the cash (she got some money from the repossession and possibly from her sister when she was murdered by the state peacefully passed away), let’s hope they follow through on this threat and recover the fruits of Neelu’s time-wasting over the years. Also she let slip that EWE would be accompanying her so anything is possible.

Anyway, should know the outcome by tea time!
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 am
AndyPandy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm What really gets to me is that real people with real legal issues are being bumped down the listings at the RCJ because or fu£&ers like these.
Hercule Parrot wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 am Exactly right. I think it's disgraceful that the RCJ judges tolerate this constant nonsense from Nelly, EWE et al.
I'm sympathetic to your situation but I think you both have misunderstood the purpose of this hearing.

This is a "real legal" issue and has nothing to do with her remedy fraud nonsense. It is a real hearing for contempt of court brought by the Solicitor General in regards to a very serious criminal case which could see her jailed and/or given an unlimited fine. It could not have been dealt with by the original trial judge, because it didn't happen in the trial.

Notwithstanding that, if the interests of justice are served by a speedy trial, this offence was committed in January 2019, so it's hardly jumped the queue. And it's a Queen's Bench hearing, so independent of the Crown Court backlog.

One could argue that criminals are maliciously clogging up the courts by continually committing crimes, but that's what they do.
I’m perfectly aware of what this most recent court appearance is all about, it’s the time she and her cohorts (and people like her) have spent clogging up the Court system with their spurious and totally without merit applications that have to be dealt with that frustrates me (hence the rant) and the impact it has on others trying to get justice.
AnOwlCalledSage

AndyPandy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:27 am I’m perfectly aware of what this most recent court appearance is all about, it’s the time she and her cohorts (and people like her) have spent clogging up the Court system with their spurious and totally without merit applications that have to be dealt with that frustrates me (hence the rant) and the impact it has on others trying to get justice.
So just a general rant then. So as a more general point, very few of her hearings where she has got a court date have been linked to her nonsense.

Yes, she files them but I can only think of one actual hearing that involved her fraud filings and that didn't go well. The majority of her "court time" addressing her stupidity have been her mortgage appeals, DWP fraud case, several of her acolytes court appearances and their previous contempt cases. These are actual cases that require court time. And whilst I'm sure that there are some here who would prefer to see summary executions, she is entitled to appear pro se and try her nonsense.

She is also entitled to appeal today's decision, if it goes against her. This is not an abuse of the court.
AnOwlCalledSage

The latest posting by EWE seems to indicate that Neelu is going for an insanity defence with references that the "Trial" found "confused behaviour episodes" and "rambling rant episodes". Sounds like the Judges were bang on.

Of course, what he means is that she made such a pigs ear of it that it is inequitable that the equity lawyer was not permitted to act on behalf of the "confused citizen" or as he calls it a "Litigation Incapacity Representation" appeal.

I wonder if anyone has thought of emailing Contempt.SharedMailbox@attorneygeneral.gov.uk over EWE's continuing breach of his restraining order?

EWE has helpfully pointed out that:
The Complaint Acknowledgement Email includes the statement, “The Attorney General does not have investigatory powers and relies on the applicant to provide evidence that proves contempt to the criminal standard. If available, please provide any independent evidence or report supporting your referral”.

I think a simple link to his website would be sufficient!
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The farrago of indecision, indulgence and judicial vacillation continues as Neely reports (as of a few moments ago) that she’s on her way home

She will be appealing whatever derisory sentence it was the court imposed (of course she will) and the circus continues. 🎪
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I think a simple link to his website would be sufficient!
The latest posting there includes a copy of an application form which was presumably sent to the court today, in which he clearly identifies himself as an 'Equity Lawyer'. If the courts are incapable of acting in the face of such an obvious provocation, I can't see them acting on any information received to be honest.