UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by SpearGrass »

I'm guessing the problem is that she hasn't taxed her car (an easy guess in Mrs Berry's case, because not paying for stuff is her guiding star) and now she can't tax her car out of durance vile, because she doesn't have an MOT certificate.
John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by John Uskglass »

What puzzled me was how could she get it back from the pound.
I'm not sure she did. She makes no mention of having done so and Redbridge say that
If you want to reclaim your vehicle, you need to contact us. If we don't have your vehicle we will advise you to contact the police. To reclaim your vehicle you will need proof of ownership such as the log book or a receipt.

If you plan to drive the vehicle away it has to be road legal which means that you must have:

a valid MOT certificate
valid car insurance
valid car tax
driver must have a full and valid driving licence

If you do not have any of the above then you will need to contact us for advice on 020 8554 5000.
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/our-street ... -vehicles/

On the face of it, that implies that you could never get your car back if it didn't have an MOT, but I suspect that you could if you could prove it was booked in for one.

As others have said, it doesn't seem that councils can seize a car for no MOT. But of course you do need an MOT to tax the vehicle, which Redbridge say they can take it for.
Every vehicle registered in the United Kingdom must be taxed if used or kept on a public road. If the vehicle is kept off-road it must either be taxed or have a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). If not it could be clamped or removed without notice by either us or the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'd expect the council to be taking it for parking and DVLA for no tax or SORN. You might be able to get it out of compound by proving ownership, valid licence, insurance and pre-booked MOT but if "someone" were to suggest to the traffic plod that it wasn't roadworthy, you would have to get it lifted yourself back to somewhere legal. My bet is the MOT has run out and she's been told to MOT or SORN it and hasn't. So DVLA lift it for not SORN or taxed; the law says it has to be one or the other.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

If this is the same car she posted about before, its MOT ran out at the end of January, as did its road tax. Interestingly it was MOT tested on 10th April 2021 (failed on a couple of trivial points) which suggests she managed to get it out of the pound.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

That’s the one, PK56MOF which does most of its mileage on the back of recovery trucks. There’s a link to a YT video of an incident in 2017 where £700 odd was coughed up sharpish just before PK56MOF was given a free lift to the compound of shame.

From what Neely was moaning on about in earlier trips taken by PK56MOF on the jolly trolley I think it may at some point have been registered to Berry junior.

I had a look at her YT channel and it’s a study into deteriorating mental health going back seven years. She needs to ditch Badaloo and EWE, give up on Indonesian scams, bid farewell to non-existent sky gods in spaceships, chuck the new age crystals she’s scattering around London in the Thames and try just enjoying life. She has a son, so far as I can see he paddles his own canoe, lives an otherwise blameless life and does not appear in her videos.

We all know that’s never gonna happen, that she’ll sadly take her beliefs to the grave with her with a suitable poor taste Spike Milligan-esque epitaph on her tombstone. How about “no cash or other valuables kept in this grave overnight”, “St. Peter, who’s your boss, put me through to him” “Its liening again” or “I told you I was ill-mannered”.

I’m sure others will occur to you all.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I can just see her at the pearly gates telling St Pete that he has been removed from his job for failing to abide by his oath to god to protect god's children.

After that she only has to deal with the big guy himself and she'll eventually have that job she always felt was hers as of right.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm I had a look at her YT channel and it’s a study into deteriorating mental health going back seven years. She needs to ditch Badaloo and EWE, give up on Indonesian scams, bid farewell to non-existent sky gods in spaceships, chuck the new age crystals she’s scattering around London in the Thames and try just enjoying life.
Oh, I'd trace her mental problems back to at least 2001. What she needs to do first is bury her dead niece who has been lying in an Indian mortuary for over a decade now and remove the pictures of her from the internet.

As far as ditching goes, it should be the other way around. Badaloo is just a dodgy financial idiot who got caught up in the Common Law nonsense. EWE is a dumb struck off solicitor with a chip on his shoulder. But Neelu is plain bad and nasty.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm We all know that’s never gonna happen, that she’ll sadly take her beliefs to the grave with her with a suitable poor taste Spike Milligan-esque epitaph on her tombstone. How about “no cash or other valuables kept in this grave overnight”, “St. Peter, who’s your boss, put me through to him” “Its liening again” or “I told you I was ill-mannered”.

I’m sure others will occur to you all.
"Is this the right place for an argument?" "Waiting for Judgement Day or SwissIndo distribution - whichever comes first."
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

I suspect that the accumulated recovery etc charges now amount to more than the market value of a 15 yr-old BMW 3 litre diesel saloon, whatever the mileage. :!:
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:55 am Oh, I'd trace her mental problems back to at least 2001. What she needs to do first is bury her dead niece who has been lying in an Indian mortuary for over a decade now and remove the pictures of her from the internet.
I very much doubt that is any more true than most of her ludicrous claims. It smacks more of something she knows will attract horror and indignation from her followers in a similar way to her ludicrous claims of satanic child abuse.

What would be the point of keeping the body all this time? From a legal point of view the whole thing is long since done and dusted in the UK and India has no jurisdiction in the matter as far as I know. Even if it did there would be no reason not to hold a funeral after all this time. Any "evidence" would have been collected a long while ago and the body would inevitably have deteriorated badly by now.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:53 am What would be the point of keeping the body all this time? From a legal point of view the whole thing is long since done and dusted in the UK and India has no jurisdiction in the matter as far as I know. Even if it did there would be no reason not to hold a funeral after all this time. Any "evidence" would have been collected a long while ago and the body would inevitably have deteriorated badly by now.
The Indian judicial system chucked it out. There is no case. However, my understanding is that as no-one is bringing a case for burial, her sister, and now Neelu as her as next of kin, have the right to bury, cremate, float down the Ganges, keep for perpetuity in a morgue, as be their family custom.

I'm not being dismissive and we shouldn't judge by British standards. My Uncle died in 2016 and I went to the "sub-continent" as the eldest next of kin. In the UK it would have been my older cousin, but she's female. All I will say is that they do things differently over there. I found myself in the middle of a 16 year old family feud which we knew nothing about about a 2nd cousin of mine being buried in the same plot as another one of my uncles. :shrug:

Luckily, because of the aforementioned next of kin custom, I said it was fine. Family feud over. :P
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

John Uskglass wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:50 pm
On the face of it, that implies that you could never get your car back if it didn't have an MOT, but I suspect that you could if you could prove it was booked in for one.
I know the answer to that one! I used to work in an impound yard. In Canada, admittedly, but this particular detail appears to be the same in the UK. She probably won't have to prove that.

Unless there's a specific hold for some fairly serious reason such as evidence in an investigation, generally once you have paid towing + storage for your vehicle you can take it off the premises. Because of the whole 'storage charge' thing it's generally considered offside to hold a car longer than you really gotta.
If you plan to drive the vehicle away it has to be road legal which means that you must have:
You can DRIVE it off if you demonstrate that a) it is legally permitted to be driven and b) you have a valid current license.

Otherwise you have to have it towed out.

Also, and I feel that this should thrill Neelu to her crooked little toes, there is a lien involved! At last, a lien! A veritable lien!

Too bad it's a possessory lien, on her vehicle, by which whoever is holding it can keep holding it until she pays.
AnOwlCalledSage

TAKE NOTICE the Contempt Fraud Appeal and the Contempt Claim Fraud 2020 000286 Penalty Hearing on 16th April 2021 will be used for Integrity Testing of Hearing Judges Mrs Cutts.
I think this is as near to an admission that he filed Neelu's appeal against her contempt sentence in the wrong court as we are ever likely to get. He even publishes a letter he got from from the counsel for the state, telling him that whilst there is an automatic right of appeal in contempt cases and it will be granted, the rubber stamping still has to go through the proper process of requesting it.

Note: extension of the time to appeal is an allowed discretion, so don't be surprised if it is given after the time limit.
6. Permission must be sought from the Divisional Court within 28 days of the date of that Court’s decision or, if later, the date on which it gives reasons for its decision. An application for permission may be renewed to the Supreme Court within 28 days of the Divisional Court refusing permission. Either Court may extend these time limits upon the application of the Appellant
I don't believe that the appeal court was ever asked for permission to appeal in 2020 000286. His error was in filing a new case (as it evidenced by a new case number 2021 0317 being given). An equity lawyer should surely know that that is not the process :snicker:
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

He's still representing clients, even while serving a suspended sentence?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Neelu may be crazy (she is crazy) but she's not that crazy. It's very noticeable that her recent YT content has been very much 'off topic' re. anything that might offend the court; her car being lifted, some baloney about Indian history and most recently a 'banned' Wikileaks video about one of Neelu's favourite subjects, the extermination of humanity.

Neelu says she has watched this video over 1000 times but somehow she still hasn't managed to understand that it's not real. I would recommend watching her version because her commentary and analysis is unintentionally hilarious.

What she's actually watching is the first minute of a short film called "What's In The Box" made in 2008 by Tim Smits. He went on to produce a full length film called 'Kill Switch" in 2017 which has the same basic premise as the earlier film. I see a whole bunch of comments have been deleted from her version but remarkably mine pointing out the origin of her "banned' video is still there. The real irony is that the original Tim Smits film is also on YT!

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
longdog

Post by longdog »

I watched some of that video last night and couldn't work out what the feck she was going on about.

It's so blindingly obviously not real that only somebody as delusionally bat-shit as her would think it was.

I couldn't find the original so thanks for dooing mi oan reesertch for me. :mrgreen:
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

This might be the "original" Neelu found, the title is close to the filename in her video. Just the first scene from the film.

(ETA I changed the link, this version is 54s the same length as in her piece)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I see she's got her car back, all MOTed and taxed now.
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm I see she's got her car back, all MOTed and taxed now.
And still living at her deceased sister's home, right next to the 5G antennae we planted in the bus stop outside it. :snicker:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

At first glance I thought this new video was Neelu (and the awful Anthony Badaloo) making a mountain out of molehill with a one hour exploration of one of those fake "you owe income tax so pay us or the police will come and arrest you" scam texts.

On second look I think it's genuine. Rather than purporting to be from HMRC (the tax man) it is from a recognised collector who works for HM Courts & Tribunal Service. It looks like Neelu has a fine or some other charge that she hasn't paid and the threat is that she either pays or is subject to arrest. I believe she was given a costs order in her recent court case. Could it be that? Of course she's not going to pay (even if she could) because it's all 'fake'. I don't know if she owns her late sister's house now but if so it could get interesting.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”