UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:44 am (and the awful Anthony Badaloo)
The last person you'd want to take financial advice from is Anthony Badaloo! :snicker:
Normal Wisdom wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:44 am I don't know if she owns her late sister's house now but if so it could get interesting.
It would by default go to her Brother-in-Law, and last I heard it was undergoing a separate "failure to pay" the mortgage case. However, I still think she got a windfall from the auction of Peel Drive.

I doubt it's her contempt costs. Failure to pay that isn't a chase from debt collectors and a warrant for payment. It's immediate arrest and imposition of the suspended sentence.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Knowing Neelu, it is almost certainly court costs or legal fees from something since we all know how much she likes paying her bills. The only way they will likely get paid is either hauling her off to jail or seizing whatever she happens to own now(if anything).
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm ...or seizing whatever she happens to own now(if anything).
If that BMW is in her name it will be doing more mileage on the back of a tow truck than actually on the road.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:53 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm ...or seizing whatever she happens to own now(if anything).
If that BMW is in her name it will be doing more mileage on the back of a tow truck than actually on the road.
I can't imagine the car would be worth bothering with, but maybe she still has property or something, and she keeps coming up with money to bail the car out so she must have something somewhere.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Didn't we reckon she should have received quite a bit from the sale of her own house?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm Knowing Neelu, it is almost certainly court costs or legal fees from something since we all know how much she likes paying her bills. The only way they will likely get paid is either hauling her off to jail or seizing whatever she happens to own now(if anything).
If you follow the link she shows in the video (00:51), it shows the sum of £901.00 due. Not in her exact name, so not sure I should state the actual name in public. It doesn't state what this sum relates to.
Wozzle
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Wozzle »

aesmith wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:43 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm Knowing Neelu, it is almost certainly court costs or legal fees from something since we all know how much she likes paying her bills. The only way they will likely get paid is either hauling her off to jail or seizing whatever she happens to own now(if anything).
If you follow the link she shows in the video (00:51), it shows the sum of £901.00 due. Not in her exact name, so not sure I should state the actual name in public. It doesn't state what this sum relates to.
Its her son, which tallies as shes got involved in his car fines before (the video where she sits in the car to prevent it being taken.
AnOwlCalledSage

The court of appeal are calling EWE's bluff in his gibberish appeals. They should have added "All replies must be in standard English", but you cant have everything.
Dear Sirs

I am instructed to inform you to provide clear and concise grounds of appeal for the judge to consider. I therefore refer you to the following:

“Grounds of appeal 5.
(1) The grounds of appeal must identify as concisely as possible the respects in which the judgment of the court below is –
(a) wrong; or
(b) unjust because of a serious procedural or other irregularity, as required by rule 52.21(3).
(2) The reasons why the decision under appeal is wrong or unjust must not be included in the grounds of appeal and must be confined to the skeleton argument.”

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Edit:

This actually made me laugh when I read it. Seems the Equity Lawyer (sic) doesn't understand how amended legislation works :haha:
The Appeal Jurisdiction Advice dated 11th February 2021 of State Counsel Mr Eardley stated that the Administration of Justice Act 1960 vested in the Supreme Court the Appeal Jurisdiction against Contempt Decisions of the High Court in spite of the fact the Supreme Court did not exist until decades later.
For those interested, it was amended to "replace 'House of Lords' by 'Supreme Court'" by the Constitutional Reform Act 2005.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Is that his own appeal, or is he acting for Woman Neelu?
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:31 pm Is that his own appeal, or is he acting for Woman Neelu?
The reference he gives is Neelu's "failed" appeal. She has an automatic right of appeal for contempt. It still has to be applied for in the procedural way, otherwise it will be dismissed. Technically, whilst we all know it is EWE's verbiage, she is still pro se.

Now, I've said several times that for reasons connected with a stabbing case where I am a primary witness I cannot get involved in a case where my name will become public knowledge, as quite frankly I'm bricking myself, as the CPS has decided not to charge 3 of the original people involved and they are no longer on bail conditions and know where I live.

If anyone here feels that this is an egregious breach of his contempt order, they have it within their power to report it themselves rather than complain on a forum that I suspect the Solicitor General does not monitor.

That email address again if people have lost it: Contempt.SharedMailbox@attorneygeneral.gov.uk
longdog

Post by longdog »

The Princess gets hung up on yet again after spouting shit, lying through her teeth, playing the "I'm a poor, disabled, elderly woman" card and spouting the usual delusional nonsense.

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

longdog wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:09 pm The Princess gets hung up on yet again after spouting shit, lying through her teeth, playing the "I'm a poor, disabled, elderly woman" card and spouting the usual delusional nonsense.

From the last few videos with her new best mate Anthony Badaloo, it seems that the recent DCA / HCOE actions are actually for debts for other people who may or may not live with her. One is her son and the other is for someone I've never heard of before.

In her latest video she's moved on to 'anti-abortion' support with a representative of the UK branch of the US 'Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform' (the organisation which targeted MP Stella Creasy by posting images of aborted foetuses on billboards in her Walthamstow constituency). Of course she manages to tie it in to her niece and secret underground bases.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
AnOwlCalledSage

Normal Wisdom wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:07 am it seems that the recent DCA / HCOE actions are actually for debts for other people who may or may not live with her. One is her son and the other is for someone I've never heard of before.
If I were to hazard a guess it's probably non-payment of council tax. Although she is staying at her sister's house, it would be her brother-in-law (whose surname I don't know) who would be legally responsible, so they would not be able to recover any outstanding debt against Neelu or seize any of her property.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I won't post the details here, but from the recording you can work out who the warrant is for, and a search at Companies House will bring up details of his businesses, which are in the same line of work as a Mr Berry who had a company registered at that address which was dissolved in January.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:24 amIf I were to hazard a guess it's probably non-payment of council tax. Although she is staying at her sister's house, it would be her brother-in-law (whose surname I don't know) who would be legally responsible,
A "resident" of any sort, even a squatter, is ranked higher than a non-resident owner. Typically the owner only becomes liable if the property is unoccupied.
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:11 pm A "resident" of any sort, even a squatter, is ranked higher than a non-resident owner. Typically the owner only becomes liable if the property is unoccupied.
This is true, but she is not there without permission. It is not being rented, she is a guest. Her brother-in-law therefore doesn't have the squatter defence. If Neelu isn't paying CT and says she has permission and she's a guest not a renter then recovery will revert to being the property owner's liability.

However, I don't think he's paying the mortgage either so this could be fun!
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I didn't find the actual definition in legislation, but was going by CAB information here ...
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housi ... uncil-tax/

Accepting that this is guidance and not the definite legislation they do not apply any limit to the term "resident", which is stated as "Any resident living in the property, for example, a squatter.". In the absence of anything to the contrary I can't see how that could exclude one staying rent free. The only exception I can see is where they state that the owner will be liable for an occupied property if "The people who are staying in the property are there temporarily and have their main homes somewhere else".

Based on my experience in private rental, they go after the owner (landlord) if they know the previous residents have moved out, but don't have a name for the new ones. That might be the basis on which they're working now. May be that all the brother-in-law needs to do is name Neelu and it'll be off his plate. Although not a blood relative, he might still be affected by the family madness in which case it's anyone's guess how he'll react. Could end up with a charging order and order for sale on the house.
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:12 pm Could end up with a charging order and order for sale on the house.
I think this is how it will end. If he has not declared it as an empty property and it is not declared as a rental property then the council will assume that the owner of a residential property who has lived there as his primary residence for at least a decade will continue to be the correct person to chase for unpaid council tax. :snicker:

Now, he could drop Neelu in it and say he's not paying it because she's a squatter and he no longer lives there. We also know he has been previously prosecuted for being a dodgy landlord so I wouldn't put it past him!

What's odd is at the moment is that we have no reason to believe that he doesn't live there. It was after all the family home before his wife died.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Many councils including Redbridge no longer offer any discount or exemption for empty properties, indeed after a period they start charging double. There's a six month exemption if the property's vacant and going through probate, may or may not have applied in this case. It's waived if the former resident is in prison, unless they're in prison for non-payment of Council Tax, this one may apply in due course.
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/council-ta ... reduction/
longdog

Post by longdog »

It look s like The Princess's financial woes will definitely soon be over again this time.

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?