Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by John Uskglass »

Given that they refer to Cornwall as 'Kernow', it's odd that their t&c's include:
Postings must:

Be genuinely held (where it states opinion)
Be relevant
Be written in English and comply with acceptable standards of spelling and grammar
Comply with the laws applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm four main tentants of common law...
The four renters of common law. Just renting it, like beer.
rosy

Post by rosy »

A Mr Salmon tried the freeman defence in court; he was up for section 4 public order. After managing to delay the trial for a few months on various grounds he was eventually convicted. He appealed, and managed to delay that as well. The appeal was eventually heard in his absence. It didn't go well for him, so he applied for judicial review. This was denied and it was good to see the shoutout to Meads v Meads in the citation.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1076.html
41. Although he did not describe himself as such, some of the Claimant's submissions were reminiscent of the language used by members of the 'Freemen of the Land' movement. Its adherents are part of what Rooke ACJ described in Meads v Meads [2012] ABQB 571 as 'Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument' litigants. His judgment contains a very interesting analysis and debunking of the various spurious legal arguments advanced by Freemen and their ilk in court, where they generally try and argue that the laws which apply to the rest of us do not apply to them.

42. It is therefore plain that the Claimant has a number of misguided ideas about the law. So that there is no doubt about it, I should make clear that the magistrates' court had jurisdiction to try him for the public order offence he was charged with by virtue of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980 and other legislation, and the district judge was properly appointed. The Claimant's consent was not and is not required for statute law to apply to him. Following his conviction, he then invoked his right of appeal to the Crown Court, as he was entitled to do. It follows that that Court also had jurisdiction over him with regards to his appeal. In particular, despite what he repeatedly said – and apparently believes - the Crown Court on 7 June 2019 had jurisdiction to adjourn the appeal pursuant to Crim PR r 3.5(f), which gives the criminal courts wide case management powers including the power to 'fix, postpone, bring forward, extend, cancel or adjourn a hearing' (emphasis added).
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Well spotted! And in my neck of the woods.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Philistine wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:05 pm
John Uskglass wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm four main tentants of common law...
The four renters of common law. Just renting it, like beer.
The four renters of the apocalypse?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:33 pm Well spotted! And in my neck of the woods.
Cas Vegas! Just down the road from Pontecarlo!
longdog

Post by longdog »

The Crown Court's mental health practitioner, Ms Tuck, was asked to liaise with the Claimant...
I never knew there was such a thing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

The Crown Court's mental health practitioner, Ms Tuck, was asked to liaise with the Claimant...

I never knew there was such a thing.
Yes indeed, they don't have them in all courts, but most of them, magistrates' and Crown. A real game changer. But they can only help people who want to be helped, or if they need instant sectioning, and pseudolegals don't usually fit into either category.

While Mr Salmon lost his case (three times) I think we can say he's won at pseudolegal bingo:

"During his submissions the Claimant made reference to the following: contracts; 'reserving his common law rights'; 'claiming common law jurisdiction'; the fact that he did not consent to statute law, that his consent was required for the enforcement of statute law and that he could not be made to comply with it; Magna Carta; that a trust should be dismissed once 'a living man claims his status as a living man'; to him being a 'live born man'; to 'Canon Law 2057'; to Andrew Salmon being 'a fictional corporate person'; and to the Uniform Commercial Code."

Indeed Canon Law 2057 is a new one for me.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Here’s a new martyr to the scene, some chap explaining that utilities are free and that he has used various Freeman-ish approaches including the Bills of Exchange Act to see off everyone.

I smell bullshit but the numpties lap
It up. I almost wish that the lot of them would try it and end up cold and sat in the dark. But I’d rather they didn’t.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:54 pm Here’s a new martyr to the scene, some chap explaining that utilities are free...
To be fair, if you have the chutzpah, water is free. But if you actually have money or assets and just don't fancy paying, the water companies will make your life unpleasant!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

They're dropping like flies... spotted on Inky Taylor FB group.
From WhatsApp: I am sorry to inform everyone of the sad news that John Hurst, formerly of the British Constitution Group, has just passed away.
He was my friend and had acted as my McKenzie Friend for my court case.
He was pre-Deceased by his lovely wife Tina whom I was also extremely fond of.
I sit here reminicing, drinking a cuppa in the Welsh mug they bought for me.
May they be reunited and God rest both their souls. … See More
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am They're dropping like flies...
And just as a disease that most of them think doesn't exist is coming under control. Ah, the irony.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The CCJ against PM Johnson that made the news was apparently as a result of action by one Yvonne Hobbs. The Daily Mail reports that:
The case was brought by an Yvonne Hobbs against 'The Rt Hon Boris Johnson' and she gave her reason for the debt as: 'Committed repeated defamation.'

She used the Online Civil Money Claims service to state that the Prime Minister owed her £535.
Miss Hobbs, 59, of Leicestershire, is a Covid conspiracy theorist who has launched multiple claims against Mr Johnson and public institutions. She often sends copies of her complaints to the Queen, the BBC, the House of Commons and House of Lords.

She declares 'I'm taking on the Government' on her social media.

She has launched legal actions against Marks and Spencer, Royal Mail, Chancellor Rishi Sunak and numerous public companies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

More than a hint of OPCA there, I think. Anyone come across her before?
longdog

Post by longdog »

That name is definitely ringing a lot of bells.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

longdog wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:12 pm That name is definitely ringing a lot of bells.
Interestingly that name comes up in relation to Henry Hendron the disgraced barrister who acted for Wrecker Patel.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

At least this lady actually raised her case in court, and apparently won if only as a default judgement. Serves the PM right for ignoring correspondence as I imagine the case could have easily been seen off.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Sadly, a CCJ not going to be enforced.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57099607
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:54 pm Here’s a new martyr to the scene, some chap explaining that utilities are free and that he has used various Freeman-ish approaches including the Bills of Exchange Act to see off everyone.
Paul Webster has been around for ages. Used to be on Goodf and was friends with Ceylon
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

aesmith wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:33 pm At least this lady actually raised her case in court, and apparently won if only as a default judgement. Serves the PM right for ignoring correspondence as I imagine the case could have easily been seen off.
I'd read somewhere she had gone through the Northampton (online) court, so the paperwork would be in with the thousands of other pieces of mail addressed to 10 Downing Street, which I suspect for security reasons don't actually go to 10 Downing Street.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:53 am I'd read somewhere she had gone through the Northampton (online) court, so the paperwork would be in with the thousands of other pieces of mail addressed to 10 Downing Street, which I suspect for security reasons don't actually go to 10 Downing Street.
They don't. This came up last year when some loon tried to serve papers.

I assume there's some sort of courier for official correspondence within government but the other stuff goes elsewhere. I like to imagine they still have despatch riders in gauntlets and oilskins on BSA bantams riding through Whitehall... in the rain... in black and white... but I doubt if they do.