Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by The Observer »

And coming up next: sovrun chemists, followed by sovrun nuclear physicists.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

Sovrun chemist mixes fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid and glycerine with spoon foregoing the usual safety precautions in favour of a withdrawal of it's implied right to explode.

No flowers please. Donations to the Dismal Dave Memorial Home for the Delusional c/o Glastonbury Town Hall
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:58 pm Sovrun chemist mixes fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid and glycerine with spoon foregoing the usual safety precautions in favour of a withdrawal of it's implied right to explode.

No flowers please. Donations to the Dismal Dave Memorial Home for the Delusional c/o Glastonbury Town Hall
That's a pointless waste of money. Instead, help make Dave's dream a reality and send donations to Jacquie instead. The longer you brits are willing to finance her the longer she'll stay in your sceptered isles. I assure you we can spare her for as long as you need her.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Sovrun chemist mixes fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid and glycerine with spoon foregoing the usual safety precautions
I heard where it would be perfectly safe so long as you don't let them create joinder.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm I assure you we can spare her for as long as you need her.
Any UK immigration experts know what would happen to her if she actually got her collar felt for whatever nonsense she's planning?
We've heard nothing on her shoplifting escapade, I'm thinking the rozzers may have just let her go with a slapped wrist & no actual arrest. 4 cans of Strongbow, not worth all the paperwork.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

The Observer wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm And coming up next: sovrun chemists, followed by sovrun nuclear physicists.
I don't know about sovrun nuclear physicists, but I can imagine sovrun regular physicists, who run around and tell people that they don't have to consent and thus don't create joinder with the law of gravity after they step off a cliff.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:18 am
I don't know about sovrun nuclear physicists, but I can imagine sovrun regular physicists, who run around and tell people that they don't have to consent and thus don't create joinder with the law of gravity after they step off a cliff.
And we should encourage such behavior.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Sovrun Nuclear Fizzisists - Nuclear energy from joinder.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Sovrun chemist mixes fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid and glycerine with spoon foregoing the usual safety precautions
I heard where it would be perfectly safe so long as you don't let them create joinder.
Very good :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:06 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm I assure you we can spare her for as long as you need her.
Any UK immigration experts know what would happen to her if she actually got her collar felt for whatever nonsense she's planning?
We've heard nothing on her shoplifting escapade, I'm thinking the rozzers may have just let her go with a slapped wrist & no actual arrest. 4 cans of Strongbow, not worth all the paperwork.
The sad truth is that she could probably get away with outstaying her allowed time, and welcome, indefinitely as she's not brown or "foreign looking" enough for anybody to want to get rid of her.

I suspect you're right about the slapped wrist / cider thing.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:34 pm I suspect you're right about the slapped wrist / cider thing.
All offences of shop theft of goods worth £200 or less will be considered summary-only and can be considered for police-led prosecution, providing a guilty plea is indicated.

However, regard should be given as to how suitable the defendants and/or circumstances are for police-led prosecution via specified proceedings, which is a postal process that involves either the courts issuing a court summons or a postal charge and
requisition. It therefore does not require the defendant to attend court in person providing they enter a guilty plea by post.
She'd still have a criminal record which would render her liable for immediate deportation. However, as has been indicated, she does have a few qualifying characteristics which will mean it is less likely.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

John Uskglass wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:39 pm
They refuse to "stand under" the laws of physics and chemistry by understanding them.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Actually, I thought we already had boatloads of sovrun chemists, aren't they all busy making meth??
longdog wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:58 pm Sovrun chemist mixes fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid and glycerine with spoon foregoing the usual safety precautions in favour of a withdrawal of it's implied right to explode.
Bad, very bad, the problem is in keeping them from committing joinder.

Burnaby, you are just too kind....offering the UK an extended/permanent loan of the Fauxnix.

Wasn't it the sovrun physicists who designed that magic rocket that was going to take off and prove once and for all that the Earth was really flat? And wasn't it the nasty old laws of physics and gravity that helped their rocket go boom?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

From an article in the Guardian today titled:
MPs condemn social media firms over Chris Whitty death threats
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... th-threats
One of the groups where violent language against Whitty has appeared is Guardians300, which has more than 3,600 members on the instant messaging app Telegram. The group was founded by the former British army captain Michael Stott, who has addressed anti-lockdown gatherings in person and is trying to recruit a force of “common law constables” to outnumber the police, which he believes are acting unlawfully.
<snip>
Stott dissociated himself from the language used by some users of the channel. He told the Guardian he believed “infiltrators” who could be from the British army’s psychological operations wing may be posting comments on the Guardians300 group in an effort to discredit what he said was a peaceful group.

He added: “We stay true to the basic tenets of common law, you know, which is cause no harm, injury or loss, and be honourable in your contract. So that’s our basic tenet. Now, sometimes things slip through the net, but once we see them, I’ve actively deleted messages as will the people within the admin team, but sometimes they just slip through and other people comment on them.”
Previously unknown to me. Anyone else aware of them?
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:38 pm Previously unknown to me. Anyone else aware of them?
Stott's name is familiar. The sort of sad, wrapped in the flag, fascist bastard who still calls himself captain and acts like being a PE teacher, which is all he was, makes him an authority on something rather than just another well... PE teacher really. With the usual IQ of a PE teacher... √0.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Sorry to interrupt the talk of light bulbs with actual FOTL tomfoolery, but I thought you might be interested in this judgement from the Scottish Court of Sessions. A Scottish FOTL (did the Magna Carta apply in Scotland? I think not...) tried to put off repossession of his property with the usual arguments:

- they didn't lend him anything, his signature created the 'money'
- Bank of Scotland had no title, as he hadn't consented to the assignment of his mortgage to BoS during the Halifax bail-out
- original documentation not produced (the wet ink signature argument)
- and (of course) fraud.

The judgement is written in the strangely arcane language still used in the Scottish courts, but you'll get the drift.

http://www.bailii.org/scot/cases/ScotCS ... OH_76.html
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

A reader in 1700's would have been very comfortable with the language;
[1] In this action the pursuer seeks reduction of a decree granted in Kilmarnock Sheriff
Court and interdict against the defenders preventing them from enforcing that decree. At a
procedure roll hearing on 9 July 2021 the defenders moved me to dismiss the action in terms
of their first plea-in-law.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

mufc1959 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:38 pm Sorry to interrupt the talk of light bulbs with actual FOTL tomfoolery...
Bloomin' 'eck.

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm a defender of repossession claims being knocked back for being brought precipitously. Especially as I had a 2 year non-anticipatory interruption of income, which was resolved amicably with my building society to our mutual satisfaction (see what I did there!).

But 9 years for a repossession! Seems a little excessive for even this bleeding heart liberal!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

But 9 years for a repossession! Seems a little excessive for even this bleeding heart liberal!
The savvy and the cunning can drag these things out for years. Offer a payment plan, break it, offer another, claim illness, bereavement, etc., pretend the Income & Expenditure forms never arrived, tell the bank you're going to see StepChange/Citizens Advice for debt advice, complain to the Ombudsman multiple times about nonsense (if you get an inexperienced casehandler, they will tell the bank to put things on hold), drag that out for as long as possible, asking for extensions of time to send things in for the complaint, when their documents don't arrive, claiming things sent in have been lost in the post, need more time to send them again, rinse&repeat, DSAR the bank and tell the Ombudsman the complaint can't proceed until you've seen the bank's documents, ask for more extensions of time to go through the DSAR and raise new complaints, DSAR the Ombudsman, complain about the Ombudsman to their Independent Assessor, once proceedings are eventually issued, ask for an adjournment due to illness, bereavement, etc., file a nonsense defence and as the first hearing is in front of a Deputy DJ who's never come across FOTL before, bamboozle them into adjourning again (they've only got 10 minutes max for the hearing and so can't listen to detailed submissions or have time to read pages of gobbledegook made to look as if they're legal documents), get the case listed for a 30-minute hearing, request more adjournments supported by doctor's notes that say things like "Mr X tells me he's suffering from stress and anxiety and is suicidal - brought on by the worry that he might lose his home", if it eventually gets to an actual hearing of the possession claim, make an offer to pay, break it, go to the back of a long, long list waiting for a bailiff's appointment, then if there's a pandemic, nothing will happen for 18 months anyway ...

So although nine years is at the far end of the scale, those of us at the coalface see these things dragged on and on for years, while the borrowers live for free in a house they know they're going to lose, but want to do all they can (other than pay their mortgage) to put off the day of reckoning.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I finished reading the decision. I've had vast experience reading legal decisions, including many on very complex income tax issues, and it's my conclusion this this one is almost incomprehensible sludge. The judge seems to be straining to make it as opaque as possible. it's a simple mortgage issue but that's largely hidden in legal gibberish.