Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:38 pm Someone called Paddy Ossett is running riot over on Crabbys Never pay your CT faceache site.

<snip>
Fans of Paddy's antics should enjoy the next week as his "friend" has just been Zuckked for a week for calling a rat licking disease enthusiast a "rat licking disease enthusiast".

Not to self Paddy's friend. Next time use the expression "rodent moistening pathogen aficionado"

If it weren't for the fun aspect of pissing off the morons I would have bailed a long while ago. It's becoming more and more obvious that the Zuck only wants the sort of gullible idiot that believes every crackpot conspiracy theory going. Not only are they too dumb to use an ad-blocker they are better product for the customer... The advertiser. Rationalists are not welcome and are becoming less and less welcome.

I've lost count now of the groups I have adminned that have been taken down for reposting, for mockery purposes, things that have come from groups that you can report until you are blue in the face for dangerous bollocks and yet remain.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Still on Crabbie's group, another big win coming up. As usual she calls it "fighting the Council" rather than "not paying" ...
June Moore
Peter Wilson Can I check something with you. I thought that by filing my UCC1 and addendum my assets are put into a Trust and assets cannot be touched. I'm fighting the Council about my Council Tax but people are saying that once I owe £5k they can take my property .... is this true? Thank you in advance.
Peter Reed
I think you have just opened a can of worms here is it a mortgage property, just asking for a Freind ?
June Moore
Peter Reed I own my property outright
longdog

Post by longdog »

I think I'm on that thread. Nice to see the Universal [sic] Commercial Code coming back into fashion after its previous 100% record of... Something... I forget what.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Found this on the Universal Law Community Trust ULC Facebook group posted by Liz Nolson under the title "STEYN lying."

An application to commit for contempt, of a court order that doesn't really exist, and... Errr... Nope.. I can't even... WHAT?

Off the scale batshittery.
rosy

Post by rosy »

longdog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:10 pm Found this on the Universal Law Community Trust ULC Facebook group posted by Liz Nolson under the title "STEYN lying."

(respectful snip)

An application to commit for contempt, of a court order that doesn't really exist, and... Errr... Nope.. I can't even... WHAT?

Off the scale batshittery.
:shock: Weapons-grade loonwaffle of the highest order.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I'm pretty certain that nobody in the judiciary ever thought they would have to point out that a virus cannot be a party to litigation. :)
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 pm I'm pretty certain that nobody in the judiciary ever thought they would have to point out that a virus cannot be a party to litigation. :)
I'm tempted to say [CITATION NEEDED] to be honest. It must be in the nature of the job that they have to explain the bleedin' obvious to the catastrophically stupid and the clinically insane on a regular basis.

If there isn't at least one case each filed against god, Satan, a ghost, the queen and an animal every year I'd be very surprised.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Perhaps Ms Nolson misunderstood Sol Wachtler's musings on indicting ham sandwiches. Virus, sandwich, what's the difference?

Incidentally, when refreshing my memory (too lazy to look it up in Bonfire of the Vanities) about the origins of the phrase "suing a ham sandwich", I found this. https://slate.com/human-interest/2014/1 ... icted.html :shock: :shock:
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

longdog wrote:If there isn't at least one case each filed against god, Satan, a ghost, the queen and an animal every year I'd be very surprised.
One of my favorite American examples:
http://www.law.uga.edu/sites/default/fi ... 0Satan.pdf
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I might be a bit O/T here but I’ve long been aware of the creeping levels of sensitivity to anything considered even remotely racist. Things are certainly on a hair trigger as exemplified in this waste of taxpayers money in the People’s Police for make benefit of glorious Soviet Republic of South Yorkshire.

Seriously? This is considered a good use of resources? Read the draft - the word allegedly is entirely missing from the allegation - this plod is already guilty, the police politburo mobilising all necessary resources. Is this for real?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 pm
longdog wrote:If there isn't at least one case each filed against god, Satan, a ghost, the queen and an animal every year I'd be very surprised.
One of my favorite American examples:
http://www.law.uga.edu/sites/default/fi ... 0Satan.pdf
I knew you were going to cite that case, Doc. My favorite sentence:
We note that the plaintiff has failed to include with his complaint the required form of instructions for the United States Marshal for directions as to service of process.
What do you mean, a proximity suit isn't standard equipment in a Marshal's office?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 am I might be a bit O/T here but I’ve long been aware of the creeping levels of sensitivity to anything considered even remotely racist. Things are certainly on a hair trigger as exemplified in this waste of taxpayers money in the People’s Police for make benefit of glorious Soviet Republic of South Yorkshire.

Seriously? This is considered a good use of resources? Read the draft - the word allegedly is entirely missing from the allegation - this plod is already guilty, the police politburo mobilising all necessary resources. Is this for real?
I see the word "alleged" three times on that page and if proven then yes... Of course it's bloody racist and the cop is an idiot. It may not be burning cross and white pointy hat racism but it's still racist and shows a distinct lack of good judgement.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The thing about racisim is that, like preganancy and sexisim it is not somthing that you can be a little bit of. You either are or you are not and the degree, if its relevant at all is lost in the offence (or condition). It is an allegation easily made and difficult to defend against and if you find yourself before a tribunal, however constituted its a bit of a reverse onus on you the defendant to disprove the allegation, rather than have the prosecution prove its case.

In this case the only published allegation in the run up to the hearing was an observation, indelicately couched, as to how a change in one's diet might secure longevity. That allegation, crass it may have been was unproven as surely it had to be.

However there was a second, more serious matter. This wasn't included for some reason in the first linked article, that a racial slur word was utteredby the officer to the complainant. He denied ever saying it, she made the allegation that he had, the tribunal finding that he did use the offending word, he received a 'final written warning'. The linked piece states;
Police Disciplinary Tribunal wrote:We have considered carefully the considerable character evidence submitted by the Officer
from fellow officers, the majority of which are from officers from a South Asian and
Indian/Pakistani heritage. The statements confirm that fellow officers have never heard PC
Warwick use any racist or racially derogatory language or act with prejudice; and those officers
who supervised him say that they have never heard reports of him doing so. He is described
as someone who deals with people respectfully and with courtesy. We have no hesitation in
finding that PC Warwick is not someone who ordinarily uses racist or derogatory language in
his working or private life or displays any racial prejudice. However we find that in the context
of the conversation that he had with TPS Boora-Brown, where she initiated what was intended
as a jocular exchange, that the Officer did use a racial slur but that he had not intended it to be
malicious.
Very nearly a career-ending moment for this officer. Mind how you go.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Thinking of folk who swallow the FOTL cr*p but don't merit their own thread has anyone seen Angie New's strawman (straw woman?)? Angie is a follower of Jeanette of the Arched Eyebrows. (video by M Shafiq).
Tinkle Bucket
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Tinkle Bucket »

Dentists have nightmares about this woman walking into their clinic.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Sinead Quinn update:
Sinead Quinn has yet to pay an £8,436 fine after she was found guilty of repeatedly breaking lockdown rules.

The rebel hairdresser was given 28 days to pay the fines and costs on August 13 after she was found guilty of ten charges relating to lockdown breaking activity in November 2020.

However, as of today, almost 40 days after the fine was imposed, the fine has not been paid, Kirklees Council has confirmed.

Officials with Kirklees asked the courts about the fine and were told last week, and again today, that it hadn't been paid.

A Kirklees Council spokesman said: "The court is responsible for recovering the fine and enforcement if necessary."
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/wes ... 6-21646315
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Another triumph for FMOTL principles - https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19603 ... aim-court/

Some context for our colonialist correspondents. When Britland police (or automated speed cameras) observe naughty driving, they can serve a 'Section 172 notice' on the registered keeper of the vehicle, requiring them to identify the person who was probably driving it at that time and place. This is not an absolute duty, failure is acceptable if the court is satisfied that all reasonable efforts are made. From the start, this s172 mechanism has been a flame for scofflaws and fools.

Henley woman Sonia Dundury, 51, had sought to appeal her conviction and £660 fine for failing to identify the driver of a Chrysler caught doing 36mph in a 30 zone in Marlow, Bucks, on March 17, 2020. She was represented in court by a ‘Mckenzie friend’, the name given to someone without legal training but allowed by the judge to help a defendant represent themselves.

The ‘friend’, who gave his name as Mike Mathewson, was asked by Judge Michael Gledhill QC if he had any questions for Thames Valley Police staff member Caroline Speed, who detailed the letters the police had sent to Ms Dundury’s home telling her of the speeding offence and asking her to identify who had been driving the Chrysler in March.

“Are you familiar with the premise that all of English law and all of English legislation sits squarely upon and is dependent upon biblical law?” he asked the judge, who had already reminded him he was asking questions of the witness rather than the bench. Judge Gledhill replied: “That is not an appropriate question for this witness or indeed any witness.”

The appeal failed of course. Our shit-for-brains defendant still has 6 demerit points, but now the financial penalties are doubled to £1,200 or so. For comparison, the conventional penalty for 36mph in a 30 zone would be £100 fine and 3 demerit points (and a driver with a good previous record would usually be offered diversion to a 4hr speed awareness course).
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

exiledscouser wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:04 pm The thing about racisim is that, like preganancy and sexisim it is not somthing that you can be a little bit of. You either are or you are not and the degree, if its relevant at all is lost in the offence (or condition).
I understand the point you're making, and that you're describing how these matters are conceived by adjudication processes. As a general comment then, I'll add my personal view it's very rarely helpful or accurate to discuss whether a person is 'racist' or not. Much better to focus on the specific behaviour, and to accept that nearly all of us have deeply-programmed biases of one kind or another. Blurting something offensive, thoughtless or insensitive should be cause for serious reflection, but not career-ending.

Seems to me that PC Warwick's greatest sin by far was to deny the incident and call his colleague a liar. He made this into a question of fundamental honesty and integrity, which explains the severe Final Warning outcome. If he had instead expressed embarrassment for his clumsy and hurtful remark, I suspect this would never have reached a formal hearing. Like the Watergate saying, it's the cover-up that does the most damage.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The ‘friend’, who gave his name as Mike Mathewson, was asked by Judge Michael Gledhill QC if he had any questions for Thames Valley Police staff member Caroline Speed, who detailed the letters the police had sent to Ms Dundury’s home telling her of the speeding offence
That's a fine example of nominative determinism!
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

John Uskglass wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am
The ‘friend’, who gave his name as Mike Mathewson, was asked by Judge Michael Gledhill QC if he had any questions for Thames Valley Police staff member Caroline Speed, who detailed the letters the police had sent to Ms Dundury’s home telling her of the speeding offence
That's a fine example of nominative determinism!
And for our overseas viewer, much merriment was made yesterday of the name of the reporter the BBC sent to a petrol station to report on fuel shortages. Phil McCann :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor