Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Was this footage from the prior eviction (where Crabbie broke back into the house afterwards)? Or is this a new eviction? (And, if so, will it stick this time?)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:58 pm Was this footage from the prior eviction (where Crabbie broke back into the house afterwards)? Or is this a new eviction? (And, if so, will it stick this time?)
The original one. The timecode gives the date.
Eviction 2.0 is still to happen.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

hucknallred wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:26 pm I do believe he fired a Taser himself at the rozzers. Nasty piece of work.
Can we hope to see criminal charges for that? Or does this question fall under that Latin phrase that I can't remember that discourages speculation on UK court cases?
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Someone tell him he better get it all sorted before I come over there! Don't make me bring the dachshunds.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:10 pm Can we hope to see criminal charges for that? Or does this question fall under that Latin phrase that I can't remember that discourages speculation on UK court cases?
He is still awaiting trial after the first one was halted. The reasons why escape me, but are documented up thread.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:06 am He is still awaiting trial after the first one was halted. The reasons why escape me, but are documented up thread.
According to the court (I called them on the day it was halted), some documentation was missing (I speculated that Crabbie was insisting on the original mortgage paper work, but I don't really know) and the judge was unavailable for a new date so a retrial was ordered. This was of course, translated into native Crab as a great victory which saw the police climb down after perjuring themselves.

I still expect the CPS to pull it. They don't have enough money to prosecute these long drawn out cases, especially when the best they'd likely get is a Community Order and probation.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:32 am I still expect the CPS to pull it. They don't have enough money to prosecute these long drawn out cases, especially when the best they'd likely get is a Community Order and probation.
Just speculating but... Maybe they are waiting to see what happens at Eviction v2.0 first. If he goes quietly they'll drop it and if he doesn't they won't.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I do believe he fired a Taser himself at the rozzers.
It's confusing, because you don't see what happens, but I'm pretty sure the cries of 'Taser' from the cops relate to their discharging one. Later in the video we see a baseball bat type thing, and someone says that White was holding it, and there's a section where a cop says he tased him twice in the body and once in the leg.

If he did use a taser, I'd have thought the charges would reflect this, but afaik he isn't charged with any weapons offences.

I'm assuming the footage was released to White under pre-trial disclosure, so if it has only just surfaced, that implies that the case is still proceeding, I'd have thought.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Tasers are prohibited weapons under the The Firearms Act. If there had been one then it's highly unlikely he wouldn't have been charged.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

HardyW wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:27 pm
longdog wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm Looking back at those times I'm going to speculate again...

That was roughly three hours into the case which makes me doubt there was any serious irregularity on the part of the CPS.

Three hours would seem long enough for the prosecution to question the one or two witnesses I assume were present. The cops.

This isn't really a complex case where anything needs to be argued beyond did the events happen.
Three hours is just enough time for:
* the prosecution barrister to start the opening statement to the jury
* the prosecution barrister to take nearly an hour to sort out the technology get the police body cam video to appear on the screens in the courtroom,
* the court clerk to fail to get the linkup to some police station where one or more officers might have given evidence remotely
* the judge to fail to be convinced as to how a police officer appearing remotely could be questioned about the video on the screen in the courtroom.
* the judge to order that the witnesses must appear in person tomorrow.
Hah! so it was almost exactly 2 years ago. That was the same police video that was shown in the court room in Maidstone. Which the plod couldn't then be examined about remotely. Which with other muddles caused the trial to be suspended.

As you say, the defence must have had a copy of the video. It's not really possible to establish that something "has only just surfaced", probably just re-coped from one site/channel to another.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Extreme radio silence from the Crab for a long time now.
His Facebook profile is completely gone now as the banner on his Council Tax group has reverted to the default one. This means the account that created the banner is gone.

Nothing in the local rag pertaining to him that I can see either.
Also no change of ownership or sale of his house either.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Oh no, another Footle big-hitter bows out. First the untimely demises of The Baron and Dismal Dave. Then Canada’s greatest export Jacquie otf Phoenix achieved such total success that she shut up shop and returned home, job done. PLD imploded. Even Rob Ess Sproul has hung up his beanie hat, for now at least. Now Crabbie is also said a quiet farewell. The fearless serial non-payer of utilities mortgages and CT has slunk off into obscurity.

Formerly the doyen of his internet followers he thrived on the notoriety his battles brought him in the eyes of his gormless followers. But doing stupid stuff for FB likes has real world consequences.

With the loss of his wife and then his little photographer pal I’m guessing things got lonely pretty quick. Throw in a long period of lockdown, the threat of eviction, creditors knocking, endless, pointless and repetitive posts on his FB group from spongers wanting to get out of parking fines and I can seen him more susceptible to mental health issues than most.

I had a look on the Insolvency Register where previously he was subject to indefinite bankruptcy. He’s no longer there. I wonder whether he’s decided to cut his losses and settle.

Or, is it more likely that the trustee has wrung every last penny from the Crab’s once significant property portfolio, everyone has been paid, Park Road finally repossessed and he’s back in the real world in a shabby one bed rental in Bournemouth.

Time will tell.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Oops, my bad. But he has dropped off the twig. So to speak.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 pm Oops, my bad. But he has dropped off the twig. So to speak.
Certainly seems that way unless he's moved on to one of the new homes for crankery like Telegram or whatever it's called.

My money is on him having thrown in the towel and quietly abandoned the house for rented accommodation. Even somebody as catastrophically dim as Crabbert must realise that with the Covids being on the wane his chances of being hoofed out are becoming greater with every day that passes.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Certainly seems that way unless he's moved on to one of the new homes for crankery like Telegram or whatever it's called.
I'd have thought he'd have left some form of signposting if that was the case? After all, he's in it for the attention.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

That’s precisely the point - if he’d had a total victory (!!!!111!!!! etc) we’d have been subjected to his interminable crowing about it by now and all of his minions would be falling at his feet in adulation. But, well, nothing.

For such an egotistical publicity hound as Crabbie to not only stop posting to his like minded choir but to take down and remove his FB profile altogether? That suggests an outcome he has no wish to have known, to my mind something humiliating. Maybe he has succumbed to Covid?

Then there’s still the unresolved matter of Crab v Kent Police when he was evicted for the first time from Park Road. Unless it’s happened without publicity or discontinued for some reason.

We can speculate away but his absence on social media and the reasons for it are quite the mystery - for now at least.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

exiledscouser wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm For such an egotistical publicity hound as Crabbie to not only stop posting to his like minded choir but to take down and remove his FB profile altogether? That suggests an outcome he has no wish to have known, to my mind something humiliating. Maybe he has succumbed to Covid?
I suspect the Zuck removed it for him. He was posting some awful stuff about the rozzers in his case.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm Then there’s still the unresolved matter of Crab v Kent Police when he was evicted for the first time from Park Road. Unless it’s happened without publicity or discontinued for some reason.
Whilst that is still outstanding a court date, I thought his bigger problems were related to a more recent event in Essex where he went to "assist" another wrong 'un.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:56 pm
exiledscouser wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm Then there’s still the unresolved matter of Crab v Kent Police when he was evicted for the first time from Park Road. Unless it’s happened without publicity or discontinued for some reason.
Whilst that is still outstanding a court date, I thought his bigger problems were related to a more recent event in Essex where he went to "assist" another wrong 'un.
You mean this?

viewtopic.php?p=289768#p289768

That could explain the complete disappearance from the book of face. He may have finally got the memo that posting confessions to criminal acts is not a wise idea and nuked the whole account rather than try to find every example of ill-advised bragging and hard-man posturing.