Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:44 am“Are you familiar with the premise that all of English law and all of English legislation sits squarely upon and is dependent upon biblical law?” he asked the judge, who had already reminded him he was asking questions of the witness rather than the bench. Judge Gledhill replied: “That is not an appropriate question for this witness or indeed any witness.”
Even the most fleeting glance at the bible or a beginners guide to English law would show that's clearly not the case.

Breaking only one of the ten commandments, "thou shalt not steal" comes close to being a criminal offence. Two if you translate the fifth as "murder" rather than "kill". Even then they are only offences because theft and murder are by definition criminal offences.

And there's no shortage of divinely sanctioned theft and murder in "the book" anyway.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Although we are not really supposed to discuss matters religious it’s “Judgement Day” for the Wilfred Wong child kidnap gang over at Caernarfon Crown Court today, at the very least a day of atonement.

It might be that sentencing goes into tomorrow but whilst we wait would it be in poor taste to run a book on who’ll get what?

Here’s the list or runners and riders;

Anke Hill
Edward Stevenson
Jane Claire Going-Hill
Janet Stevenson
Kristine Geraldine Ellis-Petley
Wilfred “I was just having a walking holiday” Wong

I’m prepared to have a punt on Wong; 16 years with the others getting less on a sliding scale of culpability.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:59 pm Although we are not really supposed to discuss matters religious...
Does that rule apply when the matters religious are also in the matters batshit category like imaginary Satanists and Jackwee Feenix's current 'messenger of god' nonsense?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

There is a thin line between the two….

Anyway, book is now closed, Wilfred will be mopping out for the next 19.5 years. In mitigation it was said he was ‘misled’ by the abducted child’s mother who fed into his SRA beliefs.

“Nasty woman made me do it” is a bit far removed from the tosh he pedalled during the trial. To think that these holy warriors, devout believers, enemies of the Dark Lord, should stoop to tell porkies under oath. What’s the world coming to?
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:38 pm There is a thin line between the two….

Anyway, book is now closed, Wilfred will be mopping out for the next 19.5 years. In mitigation it was said he was ‘misled’ by the abducted child’s mother who fed into his SRA beliefs.

“Nasty woman made me do it” is a bit far removed from the tosh he pedalled during the trial. To think that these holy warriors, devout believers, enemies of the Dark Lord, should stoop to tell porkies under oath. What’s the world coming to?
I've wondered about that many times in the past. When your mitigation is an admission that your defence was bullshit and you knowingly committed perjury I really can't see how it could do anything other than increase the sentence.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:38 pm Wilfred will be mopping out for the next 19.5 years. ?
17 for the kidnap, 2.5 for the blade, running concurrently, so 17 in effect, you weren't far off.
I wonder what the parole situation is with crimes like this, Shirley he won't be out in 8.5?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Shirley says that with any sentence exceeding 7 years you serve two thirds.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I bet he wishes he had pleaded guilty at the first opportunity for the discount now! I'm pleased that the sentences are relatively long.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I did wonder if Wong might end up with a life sentence as the victim was a child. I suppose 17 years is in effect much the same as the tariff for some murders and I hope he has a thoroughly miserable time.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:27 pm I did wonder if Wong might end up with a life sentence as the victim was a child. I suppose 17 years is in effect much the same as the tariff for some murders and I hope he has a thoroughly miserable time.
I always found it strange that you could be out in 10 years with a life sentence. Youtuber BlackBeltBarrister explained it on a video I watched yesterday discussing the Wayne Couzens case. A life sentence means you are on licence for life, so any indiscretion means you are back in the slammer at any time for the rest of your life.

As Wong didn't get life I presume the offence would be spent at some future time?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

His was a whole life sentence so I suppose the question of licence following release is moot. I sincerely hope he dies in prison. Although I am generally against the death penalty this case has severely tested that position. In the US (state dependent) he’d be put down like a rabid animal.

Returning to Wong (who is 53) I calculate that he will be in for eleven years three or four months, however he was on remand for a good year so that will bear on his release date.

Neelu et al. have been quick to defend this POS, saying that he was doing God’s work and similar stuff. The road to hell, as they say is paved with good intentions.

No winners here.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:27 am His was a whole life sentence so I suppose the question of licence following release is moot.
Oh yes that was never in doubt. The video they've released of him is spine chilling.

I never understood the 'life' thing before, but the on licence aspect makes it much clearer now.
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:07 am I always found it strange that you could be out in 10 years with a life sentence.
It reflects the fact that murder varies from the heinous to the "there but for the grace of..." I suppose.

Back when god was a lad I drank with a guy who was convicted of murder and, if memory serves, only did about ten years. He was from a minor London gang family, immature, got involved in a row with another immature guy from another 'family', guns were drawn and he shot first. In slightly different circumstances it would have been self defence but he was undoubtedly guilty of murder in his circumstances. Ten years seems entirely fair to me for what was a 'six of one and half a dozen of the other' murder and a guilty plea.

He was a lovely bloke and I only found out he was a murderer years after I met him. Everybody just assumed I knew and he never mentioned it.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:07 am As Wong didn't get life I presume the offence would be spent at some future time?
No. His conviction will never be spent. It depends on the sentence not the crime. Anything over 4 years and it's curtains.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Another fotler making a bad thing worse:

[https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... n=sharebar

28 days for arresting the judge, convicted in absence for the original offence (assaulting a clamper) because he wouldn't leave his cell, and sentence for that adjourned 7 days.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Credit where credit's due. At least he made an attempt to "arrest" the judge rather than just shouting "I arrest you for treason!" like most of them do.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:38 pm To think that these holy warriors, devout believers, enemies of the Dark Lord, should stoop to tell porkies under oath. What’s the world coming to?

It's been an extraordinary case, and I imagine there's quite a bit we don't yet know. This was the striking part for me though:

Janet Stevenson, 57, and husband Edward Stevenson, 69, both of Parnell Close, Maidenbower, Crawley, West Sussex, also denied conspiracy to kidnap but were convicted after a trial. They were jailed for 15 years and eight years respectively. They kissed and hugged in the glass-fronted dock before being led away by dock officers.

I think Janet's age is actually 67, so these sentences erase their remaining healthy years of life. They've squandered a decade of cheerful pottering around together, grandchildren, gardening etc. By the time they next meet, it's probably because one of them is in a box. But even after ample time to reflect on this and consider her options, Janet piously compared herself to the rescuers of Jewish children in Nazi Germany and asserted she was morally blameless. Her lawyers must've loved "I regret nothing and I'd do it again tomorrow" as mitigation.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north- ... e-21064679
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The Baron’s parting gift to the world was his FB page “Security by way of a lien” which has soldiered on in its increasingly menacing way.

The chief rabble rouser and self-styled attorney general Adrian James is welcoming in a new batch of malcontents each nursing their diverse grievances against anyone who ever dun them rong. Helpfully he keeps a little list of every pointless lien ever achieved, from Lords and Ladies down to the lowliest traffic warden, they are all in there if you follow the link. The amount owned collectively exceeds the national debt several times over but despite the huge effort involved no-one has ever received a single penny, nor will they. Ever.

James reminds me of this character

This is Hitmouse, a member of the Badfort Crew, the bad guys in the delightful Uncle books from my childhood. They are deliciously non-PC and are fading quietly into obscurity but they are every bit relevant, to my mind now as then.

Anyway, Hitmouse and his boss Beaver Hateman keep “hating books” into which they scribble lists of their enemies (which are many) and their supposed offences (also legion). For extra toughness they make all entries by dipping their pens in their own blood. So too I’ll bet does Mr James, Keeper of the Keys blah blah as he tries to keep David Ward’s nonsense alive.

This is how cults get established, they now have their long bearded martyr, their very own Holy Ghost, a righteous cause, a magic formula and documents to cast fear upon their foes, all woven around ritual and mystery. Sounds more like a malevolent branch of the Masons.

It might, given recent events, be a cause for concern to those named in Mr. James’ hating book (many of whom are MPs, judges, lawyers, police officers and senior CEOs), that they are on this list which is updated and circulated freely amongst FB nut cases at every opportunity. You can almost feel the pent up rage and visceral hate lying behind the posts on that site. Without, of course, ill will, malice, frivolity or vexation etc.

I fear that one day, tired of the impotence of sending minor public officials and senior members of parliament meaningless 30 page diatribes based on some dead guy’s parking squabble with his local council one of them will go a step further.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Picked this up from a link from the Guardian's politics comments.
Anti-vaccine activist Michael Chaves and sovereign citizen "Jamie Freeman" served staff at Colchester Hospital with bogus legal notices today about the Nuremberg code and evidence that Covid is "an absolute plandemic hoax".
https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1450847697892696086

Also in the Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... rimes.html

Wonder if the dossier was based on MoB's gibberings?
longdog

Post by longdog »

There's a rather good Twitter account taking the piss out of Mr Chaves and his nonsense.

https://twitter.com/qandamazon?lang=en

"I live in a caravan with my Mum. When we're not licking rats we write Notices of Liability under the authority of the Royal Court of Chaves."