UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Larry Spoons wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 am The video is currently on Andy Devine's facebook, but it will probably turn up on Neelu's at some point.
I make a point of not watching Devine's deranged ramblings.

Although Neelu had a score draw in 2016 (charges dismissed but she ended up with a restraining order) and her later benefit fraud case was withdrawn, she's not had a win in any court since her employment tribunal case in 1995. Based on her track record, I suspect that fund raising through litigation may not be the money train that she thinks it is.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Couldn't the princess fund the whole thing out of the many multi-million-pound liens she has created?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

longdog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 pm Couldn't the princess fund the whole thing out of the many multi-million-pound liens she has created?
Doesn't she have a gazillion pounds in her Swissindo account?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

noblepa wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:00 pm
longdog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 pm Couldn't the princess fund the whole thing out of the many multi-million-pound liens she has created?
Doesn't she have a gazillion pounds in her Swissindo account?
We all do but so far neither claims submitted by India branch of Swizz-Indo, the Indonesian 'paramilitaries', "The" US Marshall or the imminent destruction of the South African government has managed to release it.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Welcome Larry, sorry to hear of your problems with someone I am assuming to be the neighbour from hell.

In the animated film The Incredibles the protagonist is a character called Syndrome. He has no special powers and is jealous of those that do. His plan is to give everyone powers. “When everyone is Special” he sneers “no one is”.

It seems to me that if everyone were suddenly awarded 20 gazillion quid society would collapse. Who would grow the food? Who’d deliver it? Who’d run the shops selling it? How much would a loaf of bread cost, assuming someone would be prepared to bake one? Adherents see themselves relaxing on a chaise lounge sipping Pinot Noir.

It’s this basic flaw in the modesty self-titled chain-smoking mad Indonesian “Royal K.681 M1 King of Kings” Mr Soegihartonotonegoro’s scheme that no-one seems ever to think through. When everyone is a gazillionaire, no one is.

None of the obvious issues prevent an abandonment of critical thinking on the part of Nelly and her followers. Here she is in full flow with the equally obnoxious Matt Taylor who has also been drawn into the scam.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:46 am It’s this basic flaw in the modesty self-titled chain-smoking mad Indonesian “Royal K.681 M1 King of Kings” Mr Soegihartonotonegoro’s scheme that no-one seems ever to think through.
Nor will they ever. They have no incentive to seek the truth since they believe that the scheme dream is going to solve all of their problems. Why would they bother thinking things through? They don't need to since they will be getting 24 gazillion quid.

This type of mentality has been present in all variations of the "instant wealth" scam. The modern internet variation started with Clyde Hood's Omega Scam which blew up once the US feds got involved. It was too good of a scheme and still had too many willing followers who believed in the malarkey that Clyde had been telling and selling them for 8 years. So it naturally morphed into the NESARA scam when Clyde was sent away to prison. Despite the proof that Hood had lied about wealth just around the corner, the NESARA scamsters were able to convince people that they could pour money into a mythical program with mythical white knights that were backed by holy forces, saints and benevolent ETs somewhere in outer space against the dark forces of evil who were preventing the mythical global distribution of wealth. Not enough gold, silver and jewels on Earth to distribute to everyone? Not a problem, the ETs are moving a planet of solid gold here to fund the distribution.

If people are swallowing this tripe to the point that they are willing to send in their last dime, they are simply not going to be worrying about actual events like inflation that would negate their windfall.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm also reminded of some scheme, years ago, whereby umptygazillachillion tons of gold are ALMOST ready to be extracted from the earth/from an asteroid/who knows?, thus making everyone on earth obscenely rich.

Right. Gold would then be so plentiful that we'd be using it for counterweights, door stops, fishing sinkers, and more.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:46 am Welcome Larry, sorry to hear of your problems with someone I am assuming to be the neighbour from hell.

In the animated film The Incredibles the protagonist is a character called Syndrome. He has no special powers and is jealous of those that do. His plan is to give everyone powers. “When everyone is Special” he sneers “no one is”.

It seems to me that if everyone were suddenly awarded 20 gazillion quid society would collapse. Who would grow the food? Who’d deliver it? Who’d run the shops selling it? How much would a loaf of bread cost, assuming someone would be prepared to bake one? Adherents see themselves relaxing on a chaise lounge sipping Pinot Noir.

It’s this basic flaw in the modesty self-titled chain-smoking mad Indonesian “Royal K.681 M1 King of Kings” Mr Soegihartonotonegoro’s scheme that no-one seems ever to think through. When everyone is a gazillionaire, no one is.

None of the obvious issues prevent an abandonment of critical thinking on the part of Nelly and her followers. Here she is in full flow with the equally obnoxious Matt Taylor who has also been drawn into the scam.

Fortunately, I'm not one of Neelu's victims. I am a lawyer who was invited by a judge to visit the court cells to 'have a word' with one of the protagonists in a series of events covered on here. Suffice to say, my gaving a word didn't do a lot of good because my word wasn't the one that the person wanted to hear. He went on his own way and things ended in a worse fashion for him than if I had been able to persuade him to take a slightly more reasonable line.

It was a bizarre 30 minutes, but I would be a liar if I didn't admit to having been amused by it. I excuse myself for that as it was his own life he was messing up as opposed to the desperate people who fall for the bunkum that the FOTL/Magna Carta etc. gurus put out on the internet.

To refer back to an earlier post, I have only looked at a bit of his stuff, but Devine has never struck me as being a particularly malignant example of the species. He's a follower who jumps on any passing bandwagon. At the moment he is orbiting Planet Badaloo. The harm that he does is persuading people to bombard courts with twaddle about case management files, instead of engaging with the substantive issues within a case.
AnOwlCalledSage

Larry Spoons wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:13 am To refer back to an earlier post, I have only looked at a bit of his stuff, but Devine has never struck me as being a particularly malignant example of the species. He's a follower who jumps on any passing bandwagon. At the moment he is orbiting Planet Badaloo. The harm that he does is persuading people to bombard courts with twaddle about case management files, instead of engaging with the substantive issues within a case.
Not malignant? :shock: He's probably the worst of the lot, with the possible the exception of John Patterson. Devine is a nasty vicious anti-semitic bastard. But you are right. He's a follower of others, which is why you will not read much about him here. An egger-on rather than a doer.

His antics are well documented on another site, which is currently having a break.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

That's fair enough. As I said, I haven't seen much of his stuff and haven't seen the anti-Semitism. On what I've seen, he struck me as semi-detached from reality, but appreciate that and being deeply unpleasant are not mutually exclusive.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Larry Spoons wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 am That's fair enough. As I said, I haven't seen much of his stuff and haven't seen the anti-Semitism. On what I've seen, he struck me as semi-detached from reality, but appreciate that and being deeply unpleasant are not mutually exclusive.
Semi-detached from reality is a prerequisite for being a subject of Quatloos commentary.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:32 am
Larry Spoons wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 am That's fair enough. As I said, I haven't seen much of his stuff and haven't seen the anti-Semitism. On what I've seen, he struck me as semi-detached from reality, but appreciate that and being deeply unpleasant are not mutually exclusive.
Semi-detached from reality is a prerequisite for being a subject of Quatloos commentary.
A cynic might say it is also a prerequisite for being a participant in a Quatloos commentary.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Neelu does seem to live a charmed life so far as court appearances go. Others however are not so lucky.

Here's a few. I think EWE is representing the second chap so expect exoneration and a quintillion squid in compensation and a nice cake from the Prince Bishops.
On Monday 1st November 2021
George Carter is in the
Thames magistrates court
Near Bow Road Underground station
London
at 10:30 to 11 am
he would very much appreciate if anyone is able to attend his sentencing hearing, he denies allegations of assaulting a neighbour
On Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Akwasi Nkrumah is in Basildon Crown Court
Accused of assaulting a Police Officer who tried to arrest him whilst he was in the public gallery at a hearing
I will not be able to attend due to routine kidnaps from courts
George!
Get the mota!
Kick 'im, stick 'im and nick 'im!
Oi you! Shuuuuut it!!
We're the Sweeny son and we havvvnt had any dinner!

Etc.

Speaking of motors, this Jag ended up on the back of a tow truck and Nelly is not too impressed;

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 6491343474

I cannot link the image but the FB page is here instead. I can just about clock the reg number,

CE13YJJ

MOT and Tax are showing up to date on a black Jag but the insurance is shown on ask MID to a Citroen. We don't get to learn why the vehicle was uplifted but true to form Nelly has reported it stolen and demands its return.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:15 pm I will not be able to attend due to routine kidnaps from courts
McNeill and Paterson were not kidnapped. When will Neelu twig that being found guilty and taken down, is not kidnap. :haha:

(I made an addendum to my post on EWE's thread about Mr Nkrumah. I doubt that it would be listed as "defence counsel to attend" if they meant EWE.)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Larry Spoons wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:13 am
Fortunately, I'm not one of Neelu's victims. I am a lawyer who was invited by a judge to visit the court cells to 'have a word' with one of the protagonists in a series of events covered on here.
Careful. You don't want this to get around the courthouse. Other judges might start thinking of you as "the loony wrangler" and giving you more such referrals.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

grixit wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:19 am
Larry Spoons wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:13 am
Fortunately, I'm not one of Neelu's victims. I am a lawyer who was invited by a judge to visit the court cells to 'have a word' with one of the protagonists in a series of events covered on here.
Careful. You don't want this to get around the courthouse. Other judges might start thinking of you as "the loony wrangler" and giving you more such referrals.
Frankly, it goes with the territory when you practise criminal law. Many of those who appear before the criminal courts are mentally unwell to one degree of another. My experience of FOTL types is that they often present with the appearance of a combination of Paranoid Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I have stalked this site for long enough to know that it doesn't do politics, so I hope it's ok for me to say that I
have often wondered if large sums could be saved on the Criminal Justice budget by spending a little more on mental health provision.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Larry Spoons wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:57 pm I have stalked this site for long enough to know that it doesn't do politics, so I hope it's ok for me to say that I
have often wondered if large sums could be saved on the Criminal Justice budget by spending a little more on mental health provision.
I suppose that does count as politics in the wider definition but you're unlikely, IMHO, to find anybody on this forum from anywhere on the political spectrum that disagrees with you. It's just plain common sense which seems to be lacking on this subject in politicians every stripe and colour.

My experience of the mental health provision in this country is from the 'mostly law abiding and not been caught for the rest' end and could best be summarised as "I didn't know we had any". Two years ago I basically had my fill of the MH system when my new, third that year, psychiatrist could barely speak English, which I would have thought was particularly important in psychiatry, and was clearly far more insane than I have ever been. After I honestly answered the question "do you drink or take drugs" with "It has been known" she sent a letter to my GP saying I had asked to be referred to a drug and alcohol service to treat my addictions. Four pints twice a week in the pub and the occasional Big Cigarette... Addiction? I ask you. I got a copy of the letter and that's when I saw my arse. Now I just tell my GP what I want prescribed and he trusts me to know my own bonce better than he does. In that sense I'm lucky in that I have good insight and usually know when I'm bonkers.

Mental Health nurses I've always found to be excellent and doing the best they can against impossible odds. Psychiatrists in general I have a far lower opinion of and having seen them getting steadily worse over the decades I can only assume the NHS is now scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I very much doubt spending a little more on mental health would save large sums in the criminal justice system but spending a lot more might. It would probably still "turn a profit" in financial terms to say nothing of the social terms. The last time I was speaking semi-socially to a cop she said that acting as ad-hoc mental-health social workers took up a good percentage of their time and mental health issues were responsible for another good percentage of what was left. I'm not a huge fan of the wallopers but they do a remarkably good job on the whole of their imposed MH social work role... But they shouldn't have to.

I might be straying into party politics but I doubt it as it was pretty much supported by all the parties but... I wonder how much better the MH system would be if it got just 1% of the funding that has been spent on the pandemic.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:58 pm I very much doubt spending a little more on mental health would save large sums in the criminal justice system but spending a lot more might. It would probably still "turn a profit" in financial terms to say nothing of the social terms. The last time I was speaking semi-socially to a cop she said that acting as ad-hoc mental-health social workers took up a good percentage of their time and mental health issues were responsible for another good percentage of what was left. I'm not a huge fan of the wallopers but they do a remarkably good job on the whole of their imposed MH social work role... But they shouldn't have to.
Which brings us to the constructive definition of "defund the police". Sensible advocates of this slogan rightly say that if more money was spent on effective, 24/7 provision for social problems (mental health, homelessness, suicide prevention, drug & alcohol services, refugees, marriage guidance, dog wardens, runaway kids etc) then the Bizzies could shrink to a smaller service concentrating on actual crimes. As things stand, this is a hopeless fantasy. Most social welfare services have responded to austerity by considerably narrowing their eligibility and provision, leaving an ever-wider gap for the cops to fill.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
longdog

Post by longdog »

As things stand, this is a hopeless fantasy.
Isn't it just? :(
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

'Defund the Police' is a remarkably stupid slogan for a sensible policy.

It's probably the same elsewhere, but up here in t'North, we see an increasing number of motorway and main roads being closed for hours while the police deal with people with MH issues teetering on bridges. The costs must be enormous, even before you factor in the knock on effect on actual crime.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Local papers are full of stories about cases where the criminal justice system is picking up the tab for a failure to intervene earlier and more appropriately to people with MH needs.