Denial of Certs

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Denial of Certs

Post by LPC »

The Supreme Court yesterday denied cert. in a number of cases with familiar names or issues:

Paperwork Reduction Act loses again. The Supreme Court refused an appeal of a 9th Circuit affirmation of a Tax Court decision rejecting the that Form 1040 doesn't comply with the Paperwork Reduction Act. Todd Guthrie v. Commissioner, No. 06-73680 (9th Cir. 2007), cert den. S. Ct. Dkt. No. 07-694.

Lindsey Springer, one of the true believers in the PRA, had three petitions denied. He was attempting to block IRS efforts to assess and collect taxes against him, and he was appealing the 10th Circuit court's imposition of a penalty and filing restrictions against him for filing frivolous appeals. Lindsey K. Springer v. IRS, Nos. 05-6387, 06-5123, 06-6268 (10th Cir. 2007), cert den. S. Ct. Dkt. Nos. 07-737, 07-738, 07-739.

Milton Baxley's injunction and criminal contempt conviction also remain undisturbed. Milton Hargraves Baxley II v. United States, No. 06-14520 (11th Cir. 2007), cert. den., S. Ct. Dkt. No. 07-743.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Denial of certs
For a second, I thought everyone would be reduced to Tic-Tacs.

Not often you see a triple-play from the USSC. The TPs will still somehow see it as a victory.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

. wrote:
Denial of certs

Not often you see a triple-play from the USSC. The TPs will still somehow see it as a victory.
Until they finally realize that they have nowhere else to go to appeal the Supreme Court denials.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

. wrote:
Denial of certs

And this comes only a week after the double play last week of the cert denial in both the Hendrickson (IRS summons) and the WTP (landmark petition for redress) cases.

viewtopic.php?t=1939

Maybe we can get 4 denials next week.