Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by John Uskglass »

Trading Standards squad targets anti-5G USB stick
You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh...
People who wear “anti-5G” pendants to “protect” themselves from radio frequencies emitted by phone masts have been told by the Dutch nuclear authority that their necklaces are dangerously radioactive.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology ... m-pendants
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Is this something different from trading as a limited company rather than being a self-employed sole trader?
Notorial Dissent has it. These people aren't setting up a ltd company, they're purporting to turn themselves into one. If they set up a ltd company it would have a separate existence, so Spear Grass Ltd wouldn't be responsible for Mx Spear Grass's speeding charge, and Mx Spear Grass wouldn't be guilty of Spear Grass Ltd's trading standards offence. But that's in the real world. In the Writing Ranty Letters to HMCTS World, this action is clearly intended to fend off legal liability. It's a cut above the usual strawman Spear of the Family-colon-Grass stuff, in that they're actually taking the trouble to register the co at Companies House. That means that they are receiving advice, and I I could swear I've seen some guidance to the gullible on this point ont internet, but I now can't find it.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I’m not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this. But it’s said the devil makes work for idle hands and something unusual came to light recently that has me scribbling. This thing troubled my sense of fair play, my own values of trying to treat folk with dignity and respect and how puffed-up holier-than-thou so called champions and defenders of free speech will kill it off just as quickly if it offends against their views. To the mods, please wield the delete button if it’s not appropriate.

Recently that bastion of the oppressed, of free speech and free expression The Guardian newspaper in the UK ran a poll on the lead up to Xmas for nominations for their 2021 ‘Person of the Year’.

When the editorial worthies at this rag realised that way out in front with an apparently unassailable lead was the much-vilified author JK Rowling they swung into action and without further explanation pulled the poll.

Perhaps if they’d styled it with a more Orwellian title, maybe that of “Unperson of the year” the Guardianistas would have been on more comfortable ground and they’d have been happy to let the poll run. But faced with an unpalatable outcome they ran for cover, so much for ethical journalism I suppose and it was after all their poll to pull if they wanted to.

In one sense you could argue that this was akin to a Boaty McBoatface moment, the power of social media being such as to skew outcomes.

However, Ms Rowling, someone who tends to polarise opinion about herself has been (IMHO) the victim of a vociferous and bullying cancel culture for expressing her opinion. So much so that some (but to their credit not all) of the cast of the HP film franchise, membership of which made them instant millionaires have thrown her under the bus, having ‘non-personed’ and shunned her.

How much this action was motivated, not by a desire to promote their perceived “right on” credentials but by a desire not to impact on their own future careers one can only speculate but it was good to see that Robbie Coltrane and Ralph Fiennes apparently had no such concerns.

But I find the Guardian’s actions and those of the more junior members of the HP cast disturbing.

As someone on Twitter brightly announced, “I self-identify as a Guardian Editor and now declare Rowling to be the winner!”
longdog

Post by longdog »

I think what pisses me off most about Rowling is not the transphobic shit but the way she suddenly declared that various characters in her children's books were gay in a "I can't be racist I have black friends way".

"Look... I can't be as bigot because Dumplidrone the Magnificent (or whatever the fuck he's called) is a gay wizard"

Now this may have been credible if she had actually mentioned it in any of the books... But she didn't. It was such a pitifully transparent ploy that it was blindingly obvious for what it was... Retroactive deflection.

It would be like Douglas Adams (RIP) suddenly declaring that Ford Prefect was black. Now I always imagined him as being so due to some tenuous connection between the town of Guildford and a black guy I used to know... The reader fills in the gaps if the author doesn't specify. But I doubt most white, male, British readers did. Why would they?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:10 pm It would be like Douglas Adams (RIP) suddenly declaring that Ford Prefect was black. Now I always imagined him as being so due to some tenuous connection between the town of Guildford and a black guy I used to know...
I know I shouldn't mention Zooey* on here but... in an attempt to get this wildly tenuous digression back on track the real black Ford Prefect changed his name to Yasiin Bey and was deported from South Africa for trying to use a "World Passport". :haha:

* I think I got away with it! :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
rosy

Post by rosy »

JKR's words rather than other people's interpretations of them paint quite a different picture, IMO. https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k- ... er-issues/

I don't think she's transphobic, I think she's concerned with maintaining safe spaces for women and children, which self-ID puts at risk. Being aware that some predators will pretend to be trans to get access to women and children is not the same as calling trans people predators.

And I always thought Dumbledore was gay, with his high-heeled boots, violet cloak (the sort of 'tells' that were in 1920s fiction) and then the intense relationship with Grindelwald as described in the books.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rosy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:32 pm JKR's words rather than other people's interpretations of them paint quite a different picture, IMO. https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k- ... er-issues/
Wow... She's worse than I thought.

The amount of ignorance in that badly written screed is beyond belief. I recall reading basically the same arguments being used against gay rights thirty years ago. She is attempting to portray transgender people as being a threat in a way that is no different to equally bigoted idiots who equate being gay with being a paedophile.

She quite literally doesn't have a fucking clue about transgender issues and I doubt she even has a clue where to get a clue. That article should really have been called "Me and my very important thoughts" or "Let see if I can make this subject all about me".
I’m also aware through extensive research that studies have consistently shown that between 60-90% of gender dysphoric teens will grow out of their dysphoria.

Hmmm... I'd like to see that but of course she doesn't actually cite these "studies". I wonder why.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Recently that bastion of the oppressed, of free speech and free expression The Guardian newspaper in the UK ran a poll on the lead up to Xmas for nominations for their 2021 ‘Person of the Year’.

When the editorial worthies at this rag realised that way out in front with an apparently unassailable lead was the much-vilified author JK Rowling they swung into action and without further explanation pulled the poll.
I'm not sure there was an actual poll, but anyway, you posted this at 15:21 on 30/12 and this Guardian article is time stamped 17:00 on 30/12.

Guardian readers were asked to offer suggestions of who they would choose as their person of the year. Dozens of names were put forward – from scientists to sports personalities, from healthcare workers to climate activists.

And in a sign of the ongoing debate over gender issues, many readers also nominated the author JK Rowling, and online content creator Ranboo.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021 ... f-the-year
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

On the Gruniad’s own page there appears this statement at the foot of their poll;
This form has been deactivated and is closed to any further submissions.
I can’t say with any certainty when they posted it but it’s still there, nevertheless. So the plug was pulled, without explanation would seem. I don’t hold a particular candle for JK but I do find it amusing when right-on publications think it necessary to act this way.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I would have thought the explanation was blindingly obvious to be honest. It had served its purpose.

"I can’t say with any certainty when they posted it"

Right there on the page....
Guardian community team

Wed 15 Dec 2021 12.22 GMT
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Since this thread has become a discussion about any old crap completely unrelated to freemen, anyone seen Matrix Resurrections yet? I'm wondering whether it's worth watching after the disappointing Matrix Revolutions.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Eaststander
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Eaststander »

More on the gruesome but fascinating DonnaLee Ofthefamily Andrews. She hasn’t posted since 20th December, so my first thought was that Facebook (which she calls a c*** - keep it classy DonnaLee!), has put her in jail yet again. However her last post suggests that something far more serious may be afoot:

“What's causing my cold......oh look a f****** coronavirus..... A coronavirus....its a cold ffs”

We will see what transpires…
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:27 pm Since this thread has become a discussion about any old crap completely unrelated to freemen, anyone seen Matrix Resurrections yet? I'm wondering whether it's worth watching after the disappointing Matrix Revolutions.
No I haven't but I will watch it. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed as my expectations are of nothing more than a continuation of the downward trajectory.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Not really babbling, possibly of an altogether more serious nature, but this group has sprung up:

Alpha Men Assemble https://eminetra.co.uk/anti-vax-conspi ... ce/897254/

Shades of QAnon and the like and I’m sure it will appeal to some of the Common Law fraternity if not out and out Fotlers.

TheRambler
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Eaststander wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:21 pm More on the gruesome but fascinating DonnaLee Ofthefamily Andrews. She hasn’t posted since 20th December, so my first thought was that Facebook (which she calls a c*** - keep it classy DonnaLee!), has put her in jail yet again. However her last post suggests that something far more serious may be afoot:

“What's causing my cold......oh look a f****** coronavirus..... A coronavirus....its a cold ffs”

We will see what transpires…
Who she? I assume she has some kind of web presence, where might one find it?

Cheers.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

More babbling from David Icke (and family):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59853848
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

YiamCross wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:35 pmWho she? I assume she has some kind of web presence, where might one find it?
She's referred to in the PLD thread ..
https://www.facebook.com/donnalee.andrews.186
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

aesmith wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:20 pm
YiamCross wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:35 pmWho she? I assume she has some kind of web presence, where might one find it?
She seems to be doing quite well out of the Guardians 300 thing, no wonder John of the family Smith is a bit pissed off. They are making a lot of money, over £10K a month from the look of it, though it's unclear who's getting their nose deepest into the trough. I'd like to know who Arlo software ltd is and who's doing their website development as they appear to be getting a fair chunk of change. I suppose I might have to wander over to the Companies House website soon.

https://guardians300.com/our-accounts/
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

aesmith wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:20 pm
That sight has a final contender, if not a clear winner, in the competition for the most moronic sovereign comment of all time;
Donnalee Ofthefamily Andrews
December 16, 2021 at 6:35 am ·
Got kids?
You are a parent.....think about that...a pair that rent...pair-rent.
The owners are the State.
Human traffiking
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Just one of the many things they don't understand... How language works.

"Restaurant" - A place where your pet insects can relax... "Rest your ant".