Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by longdog »

Interesting. I wonder what brought that on although I'm pretty sure it's not the first time he's dirty deleted. I can't believe it's reality or a desire to pander to his adoring fans who have less (fewer?) critical faculties than him and will swallow any old shite. Some sort of schism in the PUB? I skimmed most of it as it was so incoherent and can't remember if there was anything actionable in it. I'm pretty sure that he would fold like a freshly laundered sheet at even the hint of a defamation suit so I'm going with that. Not because I think it's the most likely explanation just the funniest.
Last edited by longdog on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

can't remember if there was anything actionable in it
That was my immediate thought, and I couldn't remember either. My money is on someone lawyering up. It would after all be easy enough for m'learned friends to track him to his lair. The link to it is still on his Twitter feed, but dead.

https://nitter.net/TheBernician/status/ ... 39592192#m

(That link is to the Nitter version)

There's nothing else there that sheds any light that I can see. He's recycling TGBMS material in his subsequent posts.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

HardyW wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:33 pm
That posting no longer seems to be there. No entries for August. Perhaps he was liened on by the authorities.
I can't edit my post, so have asked the Q gods to edit it with the archived version & also the text, should the archive go too.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220823122 ... roperties/

longdog

Post by longdog »

I can't see anything actionable in there. Some of it might technically be defamatory towards some politicians but they're not going to give a shit or dignify it with any response at all.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:09 am I can't see anything actionable in there. Some of it might technically be defamatory towards some politicians but they're not going to give a shit or dignify it with any response at all.
I suspect it's not that text on the web page that is the problem. He said the liens have been "placed". They are not really liens if they are just a post on an random idiot's web page.

However, I wonder if he was stupid enough to send letters documenting these "liens". I suspect alleging a debt that doesn't exist counts as attempted fraud. A simple solicitors letter telling him to delete or else it would be referred to the police for criminal investigation would be sufficient to panic even O'Bonkers.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Many thanks to Hucknallred for posting the text in question.

Interestingly, the text remains on the PUB site.

https://thefreedomcycle.com/pub/prosecu ... ttons2-4ly

On re-reading, I agree that there doesn't seem to be anything that would realistically be actionable, though I also tend to think that the slightest hint of lawyers getting involved would be enough to frighten Waugh, who after all does have assets that could be at risk, and is easily identifiable and traceable.

Someone called Dan Craig is relentlessly pursuing Waugh on Twitter, and has asked about the deletion.

https://nitter.net/Daniallo/with_replies
longdog

Post by longdog »

Would it be fraud if the person receiving the 'lien', or any rational person, would know it was bollocks?

I've always had my doubts that he ever sends half of his shite to the people he is supposedly 'putting on notice' but it's possible he has and has got a reply from a legal department mentioning things like fraud, defamation, attempting to obtain money by menaces, malicious communications or something of that ilk.

It wouldn't take much for a lawyer to skim through his drivel and realise he and his fantasy 'legal team' are utterly clueless. A threat of suing him and/or reporting him to the bogies wouldn't even have to be very credible to make him shit himself. The absolute last thing O'Bonkers is ever going to do is put his own neck on the line. He's far too cowardly for that.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 pm Someone called Dan Craig is relentlessly pursuing Waugh on Twitter, and has asked about the deletion.

https://nitter.net/Daniallo/with_replies
The name rings a bell... As does the trademark "Get Well Soon" post :mrgreen:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:20 pm
The name rings a bell... As does the trademark "Get Well Soon" post :mrgreen:
:whistle:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 pm
Someone called Dan Craig is relentlessly pursuing Waugh on Twitter, and has asked about the deletion.
It's more prodding his few followers with a stick. One thing I've noticed with O'Bonkers is that he never replies to comments on his socials.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I have my doubts that he even reads them. Who are we mere mortals to think he would give a toss what we think?

Actually he must read some of them as he's blocked me from pretty much every site I'm on although it took him a long while to do it. He never replied to any of my polite questions then less polite questions then piss taking then foul mouthed insults.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

I think you're giving Waugh too much credit in thinking that anyone he writes to gives a shit about his stuff. It's completely ineffectual and will go in the file for nutty correspondence, either the square file or the round one, depending on what sort of organisation it is. The government dept I work for gets bucketloads of the stuff and we politely reply to it, explaining it's not going to work, and I guess private organisations might not even do that.

Fraud means dishonestly making a false representation, intending thereby to make a gain or cause loss to another. Whether the person receiving the representation believes it or not, or might believe it, is irrelevant - it's the intention of the person mkaing the representtation that matters. But not every crime is prosecuted, and I can't see that Waugh is worth the candle - none of this stuff gets him anywhere apart from some tips from his limited pool of admirers.

What platform does he post on? Some of them are a tiny bit sensitive about anti-semitism, which he's drenched in.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

A significant number of pages on Waugh's website appear to have been taken down and replaced with a message saying that they're undergoing maintenance.

Examples:

https://www.thebernician.net/tgbms-clas ... -of-claim/

https://www.thebernician.net/garguilo-v ... id-charge/
https://www.thebernician.net/obstructi ... rectors-2/

Been like that for a few days now.
AnOwlCalledSage

There doesn't appear to be a common thread or target connecting those pages (they are available to read on http://web.archive.org/).

I suspect incompetence.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I suspect incompetence.
Something seems to be up. On the PUB site, if you follow the link on the home page to further details of 'Liens Placed Over Failed Financial Regulators’ Properties', posted 23 August, you get a page saying:
This article has temporarily been taken down due to editorial changes.
The article will reappear very shortly
Hang on in there!
https://thefreedomcycle.com/pub/prosecu ... ttons2-4ly
longdog

Post by longdog »

The plot thickens.

Wild speculation and wishful thinking make me wonder if he really has pissed off somebody with real lawyers. It's hard to believe he wouldn't have tried to spin whatever has happened as either a WIN!!!!11!! or, in the case of technical incompetence, evidence that TPTB are trying to silence him... If thought he could get away with it.

Has there been any 'original content' from the great man since things started going weird?
AnOwlCalledSage

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:22 pm Now, whist I have my own opinions and we don't do politics here, O'Bonkers taking on someone who can afford the highest paid lawyers to pursue persons making meritless claims and who looks to be guilty of a prima facie case of conducting a course of harassment could be amusing. He might not have his trust fund to fall back on for long :snicker:
I might have hit the jackpot with this :snicker:
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Has there been any 'original content' from the great man since things started going weird?
Nothing on his website since 30 July and although he's still on that Twitter they have now, he's mostly retweeting anti-vaxx/conspiracy stuff, with no mention of the banksters. Indeed, the tweet that linked to the Lien article has now been taken down.

On his website at least some of the pages that were 'under maintenance' now seem to have been entirely removed.

So what's occurring?

Although the consensus here is that he hadn't actually posted anything that was likely to result in a successful court action against him, I do wonder if some entity has sent him a communication threatening such action. I can see him running scared from even the slightest hint that his actions might have consequences. Mind you, you'd have thought the most effective strategy in terms of PR would be to make any such threat public, and demonstrate how you're a brave warrior being oppressed by the ptb.

Having said that, it is hard to see what might link the deleted material to one aggrieved party.

In other news, Waugh takes his one man show to Huddersfield on 24th Sept. If it wasn't £15, I'd almost be tempted.

Oh, and he's going to be doing some 'Natural Living Fayres' apparently.

https://www.speakeasycomedy.org/natural-living-fayres/

That he's chosen a load of cabbages as the illustration is deliciously Freudian.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:35 pmI can see him running scared from even the slightest hint that his actions might have consequences. Mind you, you'd have thought the most effective strategy in terms of PR would be to make any such threat public, and demonstrate how you're a brave warrior being oppressed by the ptb.
He's so clueless abut the law, and so spineless, that the threat wouldn't have to be very credible for him to back down.

If he got a threat that even us barrack room lawyers could tell was hot air and worthy of a "I refer you to the response given in Arkell vs Pressdram" reply he'd probably cave in pretty rapidly. I don't think it would take a particularly skilled lawyer to frame a letter making insinuations of criminal harassment charges that would scare the pants off him. Even if the 'threat' was 100% empty and something the CPS wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

If that is what happened he wouldn't dare try the brave warrior crap because he is spineless.

ETA: I get the impression that O'B knows at the back of his mind that his crap is crap and that's why his 'letter before action' to The Land Registry was the end of the whole thing. Once he got a letter from a real lawyer telling him to do one that was the end of it. Much the same with his PCPs... We never got to see the judgements throwing the cases out but I'm reasonably confident they told him why his case was bollocks in proper legal terms. He talks a good fight but when he comes up against a real lawyer, which includes a judge, his bottle goes.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:35 pm
In other news, Waugh takes his one man show to Huddersfield on 24th Sept. If it wasn't £15, I'd almost be tempted.
Doubtful. All his shows have this caveat;
Please be advised that every Speakeasy line-up is subject to change. If the minimum booking threshold is not reached, the date of the show may be changed. Full refunds available by emailing orders@a-fp.net and cancelling your booking.
As far as I can tell, only one show has actually happened with video posted. It was hosted in a hotel meeting room, not a very big one.
He did get a real comedian - Craig Campbell, on the bill.

He has also posted glowing reviews on his site, even though there is no way of leaving one. All of them are in his own writing style.
Audience member at Speakeasy Comedy Club Launch Party, 23rd April 2022 wrote:“The night was one of the most enjoyable since this damn plandemic started.

Excellent hosts of the venue. A real personal touch and down to earth – not a snowflake in sight. So welcoming and ‘normal’.

The acts were great and lovely to be able to laugh about the whole experience, but also a more mature and intelligent understanding of the psychology of what they’ve been doing to people who allow and promote it – I appreciated that.

Just the best event I’ve been to for 4+ years. So thank you so showing us there is a spark of greatness in comedy that is going to come back stronger than ever before with some great intelligence behind it and some great humour to help heal the horror that’s built over the last 20 years!”
Numerous shows have been advertised since, dates change, then they are dropped from the listings.

I don't get all this nonsense about cancelled comics. As long as an act can put bums on seats I don't think a venue cares.
If Jim Davison and Chubby Brown can still get gigs I'm sure he could.