Brown Supporter Wolfe Pleads Out

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Brown Supporter Wolfe Pleads Out

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Brown Supporter Wolfe Pleads Out

Post by Imalawman »

I really didn't think he had the brains to plead out. The question is how harsh will the sentencing be? I would be surprised if he got less than 8 years. But again, I'm not a criminal law attorney.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Prediction: He'll move to retract his plea before the case is over.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Since he's a perpetual motion machine, Riley will probably try to retract Wolffe's plea, too.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'd like to see how the tardesphere reacts to the news.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

THE WHAT?
the tardesphere
It's late, I'm tired, and now I have to clean up the coffee on my desk.
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

. wrote:Since he's a perpetual motion machine,
I am *so* stealing this line.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Bob the Squirrel Claims Victory! He's asked Valeri, who has been so loyal in bringing him lots of nuts, to post various things on his official site:

That they promised him he could leave prison before lunch if he plead out.
That they have been feeding him inferior nuts laced with Jolt and promised that if he plead out they would switch him back to macadamias laced with crack cocaine.
That they pelted him with used cotton swabs until he agreed to plead guilty.
That they have him in isolation and have robbed him of his deprivation (just like Ed and his piggy!) and all that time to himself has made him realize how annoying it is to have someone constantly saying "I'll be strong for you" and the only way to avoid that in the future is plead out now and hope for a reduced sentence so he can move someplace where she can't find him. Sure, he could tell her how annoying it is, but squirrels aren't much for confrontation.
That the high quality strippers aren't coming to the prison any more and the only hope he has of seeing decent naked wibblies again is to plead out and pray they reduce his sentence.
That he only wants what Valeri can't have...and she's stated that she "cannot have that."
That he's met someone who enjoys dashing in front of moving vehicles, annoying family pets, screaming at 4AM outside webhick's bedroom window, etc and he wants to have their releases coincide so they can run away to Central Park together.

BTW, Bob's official site has a lovely background. Flames. Filing that one under "As in, going down in"
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
. wrote:Since he's a perpetual motion machine,
I am *so* stealing this line.
And if you couple that one with grixit's "tardesphere" you can squirt various beverages through your nose. It made me do that a bit earlier. It was like a sprinkler system. ::squirt:: ::gasp:: ::squirt:: ::gasp:: It was awesome and painful - and those are the best ones.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC

Post by LPC »

. wrote:Riley will probably try to retract Wolffe's plea, too.
Not if Ed Brown beats him to it.

Another prediction: Wolffe will be the *last* person to try to retract his own guilty plea.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I never would have bet on him being smart enough to get out while the getting was good. Of course, when the raft has no bottom, there isn’t much difference. I’m still amazed that Donny D didn’t manage to either sell someone out or cut a deal first, my money was riding on him all the way. I figured Wolffe and the Marine were too stupid to know a good thing when they saw it and Rino is too dumb and too much of a true believer to ever admit he had done anything wrong. Go figure
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

webhick wrote:It was awesome and painful - and those are the best ones.
:shock:
ErsatzAnatchist

Man pleads guilty for helping Browns
His lawyer won't say if he will testify in trial

By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff
January 23. 2008 12:11AM

One of four men charged with facilitating Ed and Elaine Brown's prolonged standoff with federal authorities pleaded guilty yesterday to charges that he conspired with others and aided and abetted the tax-protesting couple.

Robert Wolffe, 50, of Randolph, Vt., pleaded guilty to all three charges against him, two for conspiring to prevent officials from arresting the tax-protesting couple and a third for being an accessory after the fact. Paul Garrity, his lawyer, said he could not comment on whether Wolffe planned to testify in the trial of the other men who were charged in the conspiracy or whether prosecutors had agreed to recommend a lenient sentence.

That trial was scheduled to begin next week. But in a separate ruling yesterday, Judge George Singal postponed the trial date until March.

The Browns were convicted of several tax-related felonies last January, but they refused to surrender for nearly nine months. Instead, they took up residence in their castle-like Plainfield home, entertained guests and accumulated weapons and explosives devices. In frequent public statements and internet postings, they warned of violence should federal authorities come arrest them.

In October, the Browns were arrested without incident by undercover U.S. marshals posing as supporters.

Since the couple's capture, investigators have found numerous weapons and dozens of improvised explosive devices at the property, according to court documents and statements by prosecutors. Wolffe is one of four supporters who were charged with helping the Browns, but the Browns themselves have not faced any new charges for their behavior since their conviction. They are currently serving 63-month prison sentences for their tax crimes.

Wolffe was a friend of Ed Brown and a state commander in an anti-government group called the U.S. Constitution Rangers, which Ed Brown once led nationally. According to court documents and statements from prosecutors, Wolffe and his wife Valeri visited the Browns several times, often staying overnight in their camper. Wolffe loaned the couple a car, provided armed security and offered his home as a transfer point for supplies after marshals had cut off mail service to the Browns's house, court documents say. According to an internet posting, supporters were invited to send items on a list of supplies to the Liberty Defense Project, at Wolffe's home address.

Court documents indicate that packages Wolffe delivered to the Browns included materials used to build explosive devices and more than 500 pounds of dehydrated food.

In November, Wolffe had indicated a previous plan to change his plea, but he then reversed course, filing a series of self-authored legal motions questioning the legitimacy of the court and its actors. In those documents, he acknowledged that he and his wife had loaned the Browns their car, that they spent evenings at the property, that he videotaped U.S. marshals, that he carried a gun on the property and that he delivered supplies to the couple, but said that none of those actions were unlawful.

At a hearing in Concord then, he told Singal that he did not wish to plead.

Last week, after yesterday's hearing had been scheduled, Wolffe filed a similar document with the court. The document, which described the federal court as the "New Hampshire District of Terrorism," and the "Concord Division of Unregistered Foreign Agents Middle Temple of the Crown," demanded that Singal be replaced with an "Article III judge," a reference to the portion of the Constitution that describes the federal judiciary. The document alleges that Singal is an "Administrative Tribunal Commissioner," not a valid judge.

Yesterday, Garrity said that Wolffe was satisfied that Singal was a real judge.

"The judge assured him that he was an Article III judge," Garrity said. "That was pretty quick."

Valeri Wolffe has written in internet postings that she doubted her husband would be willing to admit his guilt for actions he did not believe were improper, but also expressed hope that he might come home soon. She did not return a phone message seeking comment last night.

The three remaining men, Jason Gerhard of Brookhaven, N.Y., Cirino Gonzalez of Alice, Texas, and Daniel Riley of Cohoes, N.Y., are charged with the same three crimes as Wolffe, but they have also been charged with bringing weapons to the Browns to prevent their arrest. Gerhard and Riley are further charged with building explosives devices as part of the plot to foil the marshals.

------ End of article
Another nice article from Scoop.

Anyone think that Wolfe has not already offered to testify against the balance of the Freedom Four® (perhaps now to be know as the Tard Trio®)?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I'll guess that it will be a long time before Wolffe is sentenced.

I'll guess that his plea involves him giving truthful testimony before a grand jury regarding E and/or E, trial testimony against the other 3 retards, and trial testimony against E and/or E assuming that one or both are indicted.

That may take quite a while. The other factor may be whether or not they want another retard 'supporter' to testify. That would probably drag it out further.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

castle-like Plainfield home
Hmm...I guess only mafioso and politician's houses qualify for "compound" status.
explosives devices.
For best results, must be spoken with a Peter Lorie accent.
"Concord Division of Unregistered Foreign Agents Middle Temple of the Crown"
I am *so* going to borrow that line. :D
LPC

Post by LPC »

tommygun wrote:
explosives devices.
Followed by a somewhat sinister chuckle.

(And it's "Lorre.")
Dan Evans
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

. wrote:I'll guess that it will be a long time before Wolffe is sentenced.

I'll guess that his plea involves him giving truthful testimony before a grand jury regarding E and/or E, trial testimony against the other 3 retards, and trial testimony against E and/or E assuming that one or both are indicted.

That may take quite a while. The other factor may be whether or not they want another retard 'supporter' to testify. That would probably drag it out further.
NOTICE OF HEARING as to Robert Wolffe: Sentencing set for 5/5/2008 01:00 PM before Chief Judge George Z. Singal.The court has allotted 1 hour for the hearing. Please contact the court immediately if you anticipate the hearing will exceed the allotted time. (jar) (Entered: 01/23/2008)
ErsatzAnatchist

tommygun wrote:
"Concord Division of Unregistered Foreign Agents Middle Temple of the Crown"
I am *so* going to borrow that line. :D
The middle temple guys are just a bunch of up-starts and hacks. The members of the inner temple are the true bad *sses when it comes to agents of the crown.
ErsatzAnatchist

Scoop wrote:
. wrote:I'll guess that it will be a long time before Wolffe is sentenced.

NOTICE OF HEARING as to Robert Wolffe: Sentencing set for 5/5/2008 01:00 PM before Chief Judge George Z. Singal.The court has allotted 1 hour for the hearing. Please contact the court immediately if you anticipate the hearing will exceed the allotted time. (jar) (Entered: 01/23/2008)
Sentencing is set well after the trial date of the Tard Trio®. I guess Wolfe will testify against them and get his downward departure under the sentencing guidelines. After he is sentenced, he may be eligible for a future reduction in his sentence for testifying against E&E.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

LPC wrote:
tommygun wrote:
explosives devices.
Followed by a somewhat sinister chuckle.

(And it's "Lorre.")
I thought so! I was cahming beck to feex it, but I deedn't get beck een time...heh heh eh eh heh eh.