Snipes trial (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Snipes trial (Continued)

Post by Demosthenes »

Testimony just got way more interesting. Eight months after he was indicted, Snipes sent a 29 page document plus more than 600 pages of nonsense attachments to the federal prosecutor, threatening dire consequences to the US government if his truth(TM) gets out to the jury and world.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

If this were not Wesley Snipes, and were the numbers not so large, seems like it would really just be like an ordinary TP trial. Somehow I had expected Snipes to be more sophisticated, but apparently when the koolaid starts running through the veins it affects everyone equally.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Weathervane

Re: Snipes trial (Continued)

Post by Weathervane »

Demosthenes wrote:Snipes sent a 29 page document plus more than 600 pages of nonsense attachments to the federal prosecutor
What, in the hope that he'd herniate a disc?
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

tommygun wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Snipes sent a 29 page document plus more than 600 pages of nonsense attachments to the federal prosecutor
Maybe you should send him a brochure of your services.... :wink:
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Joey Smith wrote:If this were not Wesley Snipes, and were the numbers not so large, seems like it would really just be like an ordinary TP trial. Somehow I had expected Snipes to be more sophisticated, but apparently when the koolaid starts running through the veins it affects everyone equally.
I totally agree. I expected more from him also. I guess I thought that more money would mean more sophistication. It is surprising how commonplace Snipes' filings and actions were (are).
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Demosthenes wrote:Testimony just got way more interesting. Eight months after he was indicted, Snipes sent a 29 page document plus more than 600 pages of nonsense attachments to the federal prosecutor, threatening dire consequences to the US government if his truth(TM) gets out to the jury and world.
You mean Snipes didn't want to tell the jury all about his crackpot theories? That's a new one for a TP -- they usually want to educate the jury as to the REAL law, not the law that the judge instructs the jury on.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Imalawman wrote:
tommygun wrote:
Maybe you should send him a brochure of your services.... :wink:
I am happy to offer my services gratis to any member of law-enforcement who suffers myofascial or ligamentous injury as a result of...
1. Lifting loads of bulk TP nonsense attachments
- or -
2. Spastic convulsions of laughter as a result of reading said attachments.

I can be contacted 24-7 through the Concord Division of Unregistered Foreign Agents Middle Temple of the Crown (or Lateral Aspect of the Lesser Wing of the Sphenoid), Louisville section, suite 5-a.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

You know I have a hard time figuring out which crown I am loyal to since my territory was only 1/3 English at the time of the Treaty of Paris. Could somebody call the French and Spanish Viceroys and get this cleared up?
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:You know I have a hard time figuring out which crown I am loyal to since my territory was only 1/3 English at the time of the Treaty of Paris. Could somebody call the French and Spanish Viceroys and get this cleared up?
We'll need some information first. Just the basic facts.

To start with, which T.o.P. are you refering to? 1763, 1783, 1898 or 1915?

Second, you must complete forms WID (When in Doubt) 8724682347-A, 49876348768-B, and 59347659-U and submit them to the Office of the Assistant Junior Vice-Chancellor (In-Waiting) of the Louisianna Territory, Budapest Hungary.

And don't forget to sign your name in ALL CAPS, and enclose a large order of fries, or your request for Special Crown Assignment of Jurisdiction (SCrAJ)will be rejected as frivolous, with all due penalties applied.

Now, hop to.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Government witness: William Kerr is a recently retired 39 year veteran with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. The court accepted him as an expert witness and he made it clear that the Bills of Exchange created by Kahn and used by Snipes were worthless fictitious instruments. There is no secret account that tax protesters in the know can use to pay off their obligations.

Now I feel better.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demosthenes wrote:Testimony just got way more interesting. Eight months after he was indicted, Snipes sent a 29 page document plus more than 600 pages of nonsense attachments to the federal prosecutor, threatening dire consequences to the US government if his truth(TM) gets out to the jury and world.
600 pages of nonsense?

Perchance a copy of a Blade Trininty script? 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

And the government is so desperate to hide The Truth, that they're going to enter the documents into evidence in a public trial, and let everyone read them.

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for any dire consequences.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Doktor Avalanche

On cross examination, the defense attorney tried to assert several times that the IRS was irresponsible for not continuing to take civil steps to collect the back taxes while the criminal investigation was going on, but Special Agent Lalli explained that civil collection efforts are frozen once criminal efforts begin.
And I think the defense should have known that from the outset and if they did, it was a cheap and shoddy tactic beneath the contempt of the profession at large.

Can I say this any louder? Snipes is hosed.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
600 pages of nonsense?

Perchance a copy of a Blade Trininty script? 8)
Probably four or five copies of the script.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Scary part is (as I found out last year) I'm related to both through Louis XII. But this thread is not about me or my inbred relatives...

Can Snipes blame inbreeding?
Doktor Avalanche

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Scary part is (as I found out last year) I'm related to both through Louis XII. But this thread is not about me or my inbred relatives...

Can Snipes blame inbreeding?
It's about the only affirmative defense he has.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I posted the earlier message from my Blackberry at lunch. There's more to that 29 page single spaced letter to the federal prosecutor.

He claimed:

1) he doesn't have an SSN or Tin
2) that his name is Wesley Trent Snipes, not WESLEY TRENT SNIPES
3) his advisors had file that amended 1040 for 1997 in his name and issued a "sincere apology about the 1997 filing"
4) he whined about being ignored and persecuted
5) he made it clear that he has not waived his sovereign immunity
6) he is a "nontaxpayer" not a taxpayer
7) he submitted a blank amended Form 1040NR-EZ and stamped "NOT LIABLE" on it in big letters
8) he called the prosecutor and IRS people "public dis-servants"
9) he threatened "significant personal liability" for anyone who tried to collect from him
10) "Warning: pursuit of such a high profile target will open the door for your increased collateral risk."

He's toast.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Scary part is (as I found out last year) I'm related to both through Louis XII. But this thread is not about me or my inbred relatives...
Are you sure the researchers said you were a Bourbon. Maybe they meant your brain worked like it was pickled in bourbon.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

By the way, Texas accountant Wayne Paul's name is making it's way into the trial in an email that has been introduced but not yet discussed.

Wayne is Ron Paul's brother and was one of Dick Simkanin's advisors.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I picked up some new stats today from the Frivolous Return Program person on the witness stand.

The FRP handles roughly 100,000 pieces of tax denier correspondence per year, and 20,000 to 30,000 frivolous returns per year. She said that this number has gone down recently.
Demo.