Snipes trial (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:I posted the earlier message from my Blackberry at lunch. There's more to that 29 page single spaced letter to the federal prosecutor.

He's toast.
I love it when you talk shop, Demo. :wink:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Scary part is (as I found out last year) I'm related to both through Louis XII. But this thread is not about me or my inbred relatives...

Can Snipes blame inbreeding?
Didn't he file a very detailed geneology at the beginning of this case?
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Demosthenes wrote:He claimed:

1) he doesn't have an SSN or Tin
2) that his name is Wesley Trent Snipes, not WESLEY TRENT SNIPES
On just these two points alone a jury will move past all notions of guilt and just set up a meat grinder.
3) his advisors had file that amended 1040 for 1997 in his name and issued a "sincere apology about the 1997 filing"
Only an apology for wasting the jury's time would help.
4) he whined about being ignored and persecuted
5) he made it clear that he has not waived his sovereign immunity
6) he is a "nontaxpayer" not a taxpayer

If I remember my NIMBY ranting manual... you always want to stress that you are a taxpayer, you have rights and you pay the salaries of the officials... saying your a "nontaxpayer" gives you no acceptable reason to whine.
7) he submitted a blank amended Form 1040NR-EZ and stamped "NOT LIABLE" on it in big letters
Anyone knows you cannot do that on a 1040NR-EZ you need to send in salmon with the appropriate bar code. -- Er did I just give an illuminati secret away? Seriously, did he put his ss# on the amended form? Or doesn't he have one?
8) he called the prosecutor and IRS people "public dis-servants"
9) he threatened "significant personal liability" for anyone who tried to collect from him
I know every powerful person I've threatened (above and beyond NIMBY rules of order) has taken kindly to it and caved immediately (after showing them my illuminati badge).
10) "Warning: pursuit of such a high profile target will open the door for your increased collateral risk."
Uh huh, yep I'm sure they are all worried and have gotten restraining orders. Delusions of grandure much?
He's toast.
And the jury will be ordering marmalade.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
7) he submitted a blank amended Form 1040NR-EZ and stamped "NOT LIABLE" on it in big letters
Anyone knows you cannot do that on a 1040NR-EZ you need to send in salmon with the appropriate bar code. -- Er did I just give an illuminati secret away?
Careful..everybody gets one....tell him peter...
peter wrote:"uh...apparently everybody gets one"
(family guy reference...anyone?..no? well, I tried)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Bashful

Post by Bashful »

I would not get too excited about being related to Louis XII or anyone for that matter. I read an article recently from a mathematician who basically stated not to get to torqued up about geneology. You go back enough generations and, mathematically, we are all related.

And, recent DNA analysis has shown that 25% of us from eastern Europe have Mongol DNA (Good ol' Genghis Khan and his horde). So, cousin, let's not worry about being related to nuts.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The prosecution rested today in the Snipes case.

BTW, in addition to the income taxes on personal gross income of $37,897,054 for TY 1999 to 2004, Snipes inadvertently converted his S Corp to a C Corp in 2001 and has never paid taxes on gross corporate income of $20,855,653.
Demo.
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:The prosecution rested today in the Snipes case.

BTW, in addition to the income taxes on personal gross income of $37,897,054 for TY 1999 to 2004, Snipes inadvertently converted his S Corp to a C Corp in 2001 and has never paid taxes on gross corporate income of $20,855,653.
Whoa. He's toast in more ways than going to jail. Wow, what a fall this guy is about to take. Lost his S-status huh? Let me guess - a foreign shareholder?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

He closed down Amen Ra Films (a Deleware S Corp) and started Kymberlyte Productions (a Nevada corp) but since he never filed tax forms, he never "checked the box" electing S Corp status.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I'm playing Ocala tourist this weekend. On Saturday, I'm going to a big horse auction just for fun, and on Sunday, I'm heading out to a place called Paynes Prairie in hopes of seeing some alligators in the wild.

I also found a fruit stand that sells "Hot Boil Green Peanuts" so that's on the agenda for Saturday afternoon.

A cold front has moved in so it's only going to get to 68 degrees on Sunday. [Demo dances jig.]
Last edited by Demosthenes on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demo.
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:He closed down Amen Ra Films (a Deleware S Corp) and started Kymberlyte Productions (a Nevada corp) but since he never filed tax forms, he never "checked the box" electing S Corp status.
ah, I see, he was never an s-corp to begin with.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

At least he only had the corporate tax issues for a couple of years, because he started using the Swiss "pure trust" instead of the C Corp starting in 2003...

Reminds me of a Shakespeare quote: "I am a feather for each wind that blows."
Demo.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Demosthenes wrote:I'm playing Ocala tourist this weekend. On Saturday, I'm going to a big horse auction just for fun, and on Sunday, I'm heading out to a place called Paynes Prairie in hopes of seeing some alligators in the wild.

I also found a fruit stand that sells "Hot Boil Green Peanuts" so that's on the agenda for Saturday afternoon.

A cold front have moved in so it's only going to get to 68 degrees on Sunday. [Demo dances jig.]

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/

ARRRRRRRRRRRG!! Ye got to be kiddin'. You're settling for some lame horse auction and boiled peanuts, when a veritable Mardi Gras is occurring just a short drive to the south in the form of a massive PIRATE invasion of the City of Tampa? What kind of Quatloosian are ye?

PS
Yours truly will be crewing one of largest parade floats and any piratess who, shows me her, er...charms, will get bonus doubloons and beads.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:BTW, in addition to the income taxes on personal gross income of $37,897,054 for TY 1999 to 2004, Snipes inadvertently converted his S Corp to a C Corp in 2001 and has never paid taxes on gross corporate income of $20,855,653.
Any possibility of personal holding company tax in addition to regular corporate income tax?

It's been some year since I looked at the PHC rules, and maybe they don't apply, but it would be interesting to see him get hit with that on top of everything else.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

I am so jealous! You do not eat the hull, btw. Some people get confused on this issue.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

iplawyer wrote:I am so jealous! You do not eat the hull, btw. Some people get confused on this issue.
That's like eating a tamale with the shuck still on, something Gerald Ford did during a 1976 campaign.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Demosthenes wrote:I'm playing Ocala tourist this weekend. On Saturday, I'm going to a big horse auction just for fun, ...

A cold front has moved in so it's only going to get to 68 degrees on Sunday. [Demo dances jig.]
You should consider:
The Kumquat Festival is a day of outdoor community fun with live music, food booths, shopping and plenty to keep the whole family busy. The festival unfolds in the heart of historic Dade City and each year it gets bigger and better!
See http://www.dadecitychamber.org/default. ... atFestival
and http://www.kumquatgrowers.com/index.html
Dade City is about an hour south of Ocala.
Enjoy being a tourist in Florida ! - we need your money!
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

jg wrote:Enjoy being a tourist in Florida ! - we need your money!
Except I'm too cheap to spend money, dontcha' know.
Demo.
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Since you're headed north, if you get a chance I recommend a visit to Devil's Millhopper on the North side of Gainesville. It's basically an ancient sinkhole with a walkway that takes you down to a miniature rainforest, complete with waterfalls (very unusual in this state).

http://www.floridastateparks.org/devilsmillhopper/
When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
jg wrote:Enjoy being a tourist in Florida ! - we need your money!
Except I'm too cheap to spend money, dontcha' know.
Good thing, too. Don't let jg talk you into going to any kumquat festival. Sure, it starts out being loads of fun, but sooner or later your friends start disappearing and then the next thing you know, Charlton Heston is carted away on a stretcher screaming, "Kumquats are Quatloosians!"

jg, you traitor! ;)
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Yours truly will be crewing one of largest parade floats and any piratess who, shows me her, er...charms, will get bonus doubloons and beads.
I'm not airing my ta-tas for any plastic worthless beads.

Demo.