Snipes trial (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Demosthenes wrote: I'm not airing my ta-tas for any plastic worthless beads.
Well then name your price!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:I'm not airing my ta-tas for any plastic worthless beads.

[picture of Tiffany's box]
Your standards are far too low. If you want to see what the going rate for your ta-tas are, cut your husband off for a while for no good reason. He'll keep buying increasingly expensive and impressive gifts until he throws his hands up in the air and demands to know why you're angry with him. At which point, you'll know exactly how much your ta-tas are worth. I've always wanted to try it, but I've never been able to get a cute rich guy drunk enough for a quickie wedding.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Your standards are far too low. If you want to see what the going rate for your ta-tas are, cut your husband off for a while for no good reason.
Well, let's see. I've been in Florida now since 1/13 and don't fly home until 2/2. That should do it. :twisted:
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Women outnumber men in Washington about 7 to 5.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Nikki wrote:Women outnumber men in Washington about 7 to 5.
Yeah, and at least half the men are "light in the loafers."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

You mean, like... Hillary?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

A fun tidbit from the trial. Every day when the trial ends, there's a ritual. A half dozen or so camera crews with trucks show up to film Snipes leaving the courthouse with his lawyers and entourage. He waves to the fans, the lawyers tell the reporters something about how today was the best day of all for their case, and then they all pile into three spankin' new black Cadillac SUVs and drive away.

The tidbit: Snipes is using a look-alike for some of these appearances. I wonder what his fans will think.
Demo.
Bill E. Branscum

Post by Bill E. Branscum »

Demosthenes wrote:A fun tidbit from the trial. Every day when the trial ends, there's a ritual. A half dozen or so camera crews with trucks show up to film Snipes leaving the courthouse with his lawyers and entourage. He waves to the fans, the lawyers tell the reporters something about how today was the best day of all for their case, and then they all pile into three spankin' new black Cadillac SUVs and drive away.

The tidbit: Snipes is using a look-alike for some of these appearances. I wonder what his fans will think.

Oh C'mon Demo, I don't look that much like Wesley . . . and we have four Escalades, not three.

:roll:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Could you please ask the Escalade motorcade to stop blocking the only road by the courthouse??? It's an annoyance to wait for several minutes while the entourage disembarks, when it's just as easy (and just as close) for them to get out of their cars in the parking lot like the rest of us normal folk.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I bet some tabloid would pay a lot for a picture of Snipes with his stand in. Caption should be spmething like "When facing a horde of vampires, or reporters, it's good to have a stunt double".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:I bet some tabloid would pay a lot for a picture of Snipes with his stand in. Caption should be spmething like "When facing a horde of vampires, or reporters, it's good to have a stunt double".
I was thinking more along the lines of:

"Can you spot the tax evader?"
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.wesh.com/news/15140322/detail.html#

Click on "Prosecution rests" video to see them together.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Rofl!

I hope the double has his drinks checked for hypnotics, or he might find himself locked up while Snipes slips out of the country.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Ann Coulter doesn't count.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The "double" thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
OrlandoSentinel.com
Fans show Wesley Snipes love at tax trial in Ocala
Stephen Hudak

Sentinel Staff Writer

January 26, 2008

OCALA

The action star emerges from the federal courthouse every evening amid a buzz, a polished black Cadillac Escalade and a loyal entourage poised to whisk him away.

Camera phones click. People crowd the actor, hoping for a handshake or autograph.

"God be with you," shouts Carolyn Williams, 50, a typist at an Ocala middle school who says she prays every day for Wesley Snipes as she snaps his picture. "We've all done wrong."

TV crews rush him.

The Orlando-born star of the Blade vampire trilogy and Passenger 57, whose tax-evasion trial could put him in prison for 16 years, acknowledges his devotees with a smile and bow.

He signs autographs, exchanges quips and poses for pictures.

"He's just being gracious," said defense co-counsel Robert Bernhoft, smoking a cigarette a few steps away from the hoopla in the federal courthouse parking lot. "But make no mistake. He takes this very seriously -- very, very, very seriously."

But many others do not.

The tax trial, which moves into the defense phase Monday after more than a week of prosecution testimony, has lured an unusual collection of gawkers to Ocala, a bit more than an hour's drive north of Orlando.

There are movie fans such as Terry Akin, a corrections officer at the state prison in nearby Lowell, who pleaded with Snipes to sign his Blade DVD as he arrived at the courthouse Thursday.

"It's very cool," said Akin, 32, admiring the obliging actor's ornate signature. "I'm afraid to touch it."

Tax protesters gather

There are tax protesters such as 72-year-old Jerry Beamer, a retiree from Ocala who called himself a "truth crusader" as he preached an anti-IRS gospel and handed out fliers, mindful of a frowning U.S. marshal nearby.

There are curious spectators such as Wayne Woodyard, a pastor and former florist who, with his short hair, stylish eyeglasses and facial features bears an eerie resemblance to Snipes.

Since the trial began, 48-year-old Woodyard, who is also vice president of the Marion County Black Republican Club Federated, said he has been mistaken for the actor, the actor's father and the actor's brother, all of whom are named Wesley Snipes.
The rest of the story can be read here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-ento ... 8762.story
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Bill E. Branscum wrote:Oh C'mon Demo, I don't look that much like Wesley . . . and we have four Escalades, not three.

:roll:
Which probably increases the number of Escalades in this town to four.
Demo.
Bill E. Branscum

Post by Bill E. Branscum »

Demosthenes wrote:Could you please ask the Escalade motorcade to stop blocking the only road by the courthouse??? It's an annoyance to wait for several minutes while the entourage disembarks, when it's just as easy (and just as close) for them to get out of their cars in the parking lot like the rest of us normal folk.
"Normal folk?"

Throughout the trial, I keep looking over at a red headed woman with piercing blue eyes, sitting in the courtroom sharpening an axe.

Speaking of "doubles," that woman looks an awful lot like you Demo.

Bill
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nope. I'm the one and only. I don't need to stinkin' doubles, although I'd rather have Agent Observer's pic on the back of my book.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Bill E. Branscum wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Could you please ask the Escalade motorcade to stop blocking the only road by the courthouse??? It's an annoyance to wait for several minutes while the entourage disembarks, when it's just as easy (and just as close) for them to get out of their cars in the parking lot like the rest of us normal folk.
"Normal folk?"

Throughout the trial, I keep looking over at a red headed woman with piercing blue eyes, sitting in the courtroom sharpening an axe.

Speaking of "doubles," that woman looks an awful lot like you Demo.

Bill
It's not an axe -- it's a scythe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nah, it's just a cheap bic pen with the hotel name printed on it.
Demo.